Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:51 am

Personally I prefer my nuts on the cool side rather than overheated. They can get greasy and unpleasant to the touch if they're too warm.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by VibeGuy
Personally I prefer my nuts on the cool side rather than overheated. They can get greasy and unpleasant to the touch if they're too warm.
I like mine unheated, so asked 2 flights ago. No problem, except they brought my husband's unheated, too.

So last flight I was going to specify "just me" but she brought them out so quickly!

Still odd that the ramekin would be hot but the nuts cold. One theory: they burned the first batch and had to get new (cold) ones to replace them? And since it was a Hawaii flight maybe they refrigerate the nuts to keep them fresher in the humidity?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
Same menu on OAK-HNL this morning. They were out of the omelette but the frittata with accompaniments was pretty flavorful.

Wow, that looks nothing like what was served on my trip. The frittata was mini pie shaped, the potatoes looked like potatoes.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Kurt
It did look a lot nicer in the ad

Somehow I missed this. Will need to try in a few weeks. I have mixed feelings about it.

FA in PE this week created a different version for me...
2 Hazel Nut Espresso Vodkas
1 Baileys
2 Creamers
Rocks

Yes, this was a high volume beverage that required "pacing" to get it all to fit
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Chicogirl
The frittata was mini pie shaped, the potatoes looked like potatoes.
The frittata was pie shaped. The view of the plate would be looking from the outside of the pie. The menu describes the potatoes as purple and they definitely were that.

Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive
AS505 SNA-SEA 8/26 1945 DEP

Roasted Butternut Squash and Farro Salad
Tumeric Roasted Chicken Breast
Side Garden Salad - Balsamic Dressing
Roll w/ Butter
Sweet Lemon Square

The chicken was flavorful and moist. The side salad was, well a salad.
The butternut squash and farro seemed a bit underdone, at least the farro did.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
AS 240 SFO/MEX 26 Aug

Published Lunch flight with a block time of 4:25.

No menu
Choice of a single tray cold breakfast (cereal type plate - I didn't see it) or
Egg plate with black beans and 2 sausage slices, fruit plate on the side (no separate fruit plate/pastry service, and actually, no bread, tortilla, sweet roll, nothing for the side).

The egg plate was ok. No snack basket. Nuts prior to landing.

No video players on this route, either.

Very very weak.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:31 am

Flight Number and Route flown: AS669 DFW-SEA
Time of Departure: 7:25pm CT
Length of flight: 4:15
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Dasani Water Bottle
Meal served: Dinner
Meal Description:

Meal was identical to this:

Originally Posted by hoyohoyo123

Drink order, and then was told the meal would be a salad with italian dressing and a chicken curry for the entree.

Haven't flown AS F on longer routes enough to know what qualifies as transcon vs midcon.

Was started off with warmed mix nuts, a first for me on AS. Then was served the tray with only the salad (used to meal + salad + bread on AS).

Salad was just spinach, two wedge slices of tomoto and two small slices of cucumber. Served with Kraft Golden Italian dressing.

Entree plate was then served. The chicken curry was a Thai-esque curry served in a pretty small foil ramekin. It was served with gloopy rice, with some cilantro in it. The rice was mush and closer to porridge. On the side was an Asian-inspired cabbage slaw with carrots and some bell peppers. Unfortunately, in my slaw, I found a food label sticker in it probably from whatever the catering operation was chopping up.

About 1.5 hours before landing, served the AS cookies.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AS 241 MEX/SFO 28 Aug

Published Lunch flight with a block time of 4:24.

No menu
Choice of a hot turkey and cheese sandwich with a bag of chips and a packaged lemon bar, or not having a hot turkey and cheese sandwich with a bag of chips and a packaged lemon bar.

Water at seat PD. No snack basket, no nut service, just a Biscoff with the first beverage.

Pleasant crew. 5 stars for the crew. Wine was decent, and there was enough.

Very very weak.

This route, in both directions, is really subpar in front of the curtain.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
AS 241 MEX/SFO 28 Aug

Published Lunch flight with a block time of 4:24.

No menu
Choice of a hot turkey and cheese sandwich with a bag of chips and a packaged lemon bar, or not having a hot turkey and cheese sandwich with a bag of chips and a packaged lemon bar.

Water at seat PD. No snack basket, no nut service, just a Biscoff with the first beverage.

Pleasant crew. 5 stars for the crew. Wine was decent, and there was enough.

Very very weak.

This route, in both directions, is really subpar in front of the curtain.
I guess I don't really understand the flight time requirements for the video players because they are given out in F on a shorter flight like ANC-SEA, but not SFO-MEX....huh??
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I guess I don't really understand the flight time requirements for the video players because they are given out in F on a shorter flight like ANC-SEA, but not SFO-MEX....huh??
"Our inflight entertainment tablet

On most flights over 3.5 hours long, you can rent our inflight entertainment tablet. As our premium entertainment option, they’re always free in First Class and available for rent in the Main Cabin. Each tablet is pre-loaded with the newest movies you’ll find onboard, plus TV shows, music, games and digital magazines."
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
AS 241 MEX/SFO 28 Aug
I know that fares are low on this route, but it sounds like they are catering it as though it were a SEA-LAX flight. Does seem subpar.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
I know that fares are low on this route, but it sounds like they are catering it as though it were a SEA-LAX flight. Does seem subpar.
Unfortunately, the substandard menu choice of eat or don't eat is consistent with midcons of roughly this length. As to the subpar food, is it double-catered from SFO? That might explain the lack of video players (no room).
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by mbluecpa
Unfortunately, the substandard menu choice of eat or don't eat is consistent with midcons of roughly this length. As to the subpar food, is it double-catered from SFO? That might explain the lack of video players (no room).
MEX has full catering facilities... I don't know why they'd double cater if they didn't have to.

This isn't like flying to BUR.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Did a little better on HNL-OAK today. Tablets were offered but I had mine along loaded with Morning Joe and some network programs. Flight time was 4.5 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.