Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Then offer 3 entrees, and get their act together so they offer pre-selection on all F flights. Why is it taking SO long to get this implemented?
A merger?

They offered a selection of Chicken Or Pork.

I am not a fan of shrooms myself.

The dessert did look rather exciting
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by beckoa
A merger?

They offered a selection of Chicken Or Pork.

I am not a fan of shrooms myself....
I developed an affinity for 'shrooms back in the 60s.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
AS765 BWI-SEA, Fri 22 Sep
Attached Images  
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:42 pm

Why would AS serve a pork dish when a percentage of their passengers don't eat pork? Personally I just hate it. For others it's a religious matter. They could offer chicken as an alternative.
If you'd bothered to look, you would have seen that there was a chicken dish available.
BobNed and AKCuisine like this.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
If you'd bothered to look, you would have seen that there was a chicken dish available.
*mic drop*
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:14 am

No, clearly the right answer here is a conclusion that belongs in OMNI/PR. Don't come here with your logic and rational answers!
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Alright, alright -so I made a mistake. However, they don't cater the flights with non-pork entrees for all passengers in the F cabin. So a person sitting in the 3rd row may be offered no choice. This wouldn't happen if they would get their pre-ordering system up and running.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by PDXPremier

*mic drop*

Well said, ASFlyer and PDXPremier. Thanks for the morning laugh!
pcoll likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:11 pm

Alright, alright -so I made a mistake. However, they don't cater the flights with non-pork entrees for all passengers in the F cabin. So a person sitting in the 3rd row may be offered no choice. This wouldn't happen if they would get their pre-ordering system up and running.
On this we can agree. I wish they would implement the pre-ordering system as well. It would make life easier for everyone involved. And just for everyone that may be looking at this thread - if you have food allergies or restrictions for whatever reason, just let your FA know when you board. It's that easy - they, almost always, are happy to accommodate.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On this we can agree. I wish they would implement the pre-ordering system as well. It would make life easier for everyone involved. And just for everyone that may be looking at this thread - if you have food allergies or restrictions for whatever reason, just let your FA know when you board. It's that easy - they, almost always, are happy to accommodate.
+1....moving on...quick question for AS Flyer....one of the previous posters mentioned that the SEA-MSY catering is back to transcon catering this month (you had mentioned it was going the way of SEA-IND to mid-con catering)...did SEA-MSY indeed switch back to transcon catering? Assuming SEA/PDX-DTW is still transcon catered, is the SEA-IND the longest flight with mid-con service?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
+1....moving on...quick question for AS Flyer....one of the previous posters mentioned that the SEA-MSY catering is back to transcon catering this month (you had mentioned it was going the way of SEA-IND to mid-con catering)...did SEA-MSY indeed switch back to transcon catering? Assuming SEA/PDX-DTW is still transcon catered, is the SEA-IND the longest flight with mid-con service?
The message I got was that MSY and IND would be switched to midcon catering. If some here are seeing different than maybe the switch has yet to take place OR they decided to not follow through? In looking at the meals offered, it looks like the SEA-MSY flight is, indeed, catered with only one meal selection in F. For some reason, the return MSY-SEA flight doesn't show whether it's a choice or not.

Remember when I reported that the powers that be had announced the implementation of advance meal ordering? We see where that stands all this time later. Honestly, I can only tell you what I've been told, but until I actually see it for myself I can't say with any surety. Whatever the case - my wish for you are flights free of polenta, kale and arugula.
AKCuisine and pcoll like this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Assuming AS922 (9:55 a.m. departure, shows "Lunch") SEA-BWI would be this.

Originally Posted by jrl767
AS2, SEA-DCA, 15 Sep (135pm departure)

my wife had the ravioli and I had the fish ... she really liked the pasta, but she wholeheartedly agrees with the comment about "way too many lima beans"

veggies with the fish were so-so; the fish was a tad dry in spots, but the curry sauce was excellent

dessert was an absolute keeper
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:19 pm

AS2763 (MKE-SEA) on the 25th of September had the infamous chicken and quinoa with some greens. I had never bothered to try it before, and was surprised that it wasn't as bad as everyone says. The chicken was very moist, although the quinoa was a bit dry. I was hungry, and it worked for me.

It definitely could have been better, but for a flight where they didn't even start drink service until more than an hour after takeoff it was fine.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:07 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Cheese and fruit plate on this morning's 10:10 SEA-SMF:

Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do FAs in F always take orders from the DF side? Every time I'm on the AB side it seems they ask the folks in DF first (rarely based on status unlike other airlines) and I just wondered if this was an actual policy or FA preference?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.