Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Frequentlander
Depart SEA at 10:20 am....so I'm thinking there may be some kind of lunch offered, but I've not flown that route for a couple of years so can't remember what it was last time (or I've successfully suppressed the memory).
SEA-STL I flew the afternoon departure in first a couple weeks back although it was on an AS/QX operated E175. I remember having 5 Double crowns and this culinary delight - Caesar dressing on spinach? Gross . My Ride was amused with me upon pickup.
Attached Images  

Last edited by flyupfrnt; Oct 6, 2017 at 11:04 pm
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
PDX-MCO

Late Sept 2017

This was a nice meal, imo
Attached Images  

Last edited by flyupfrnt; Oct 6, 2017 at 11:16 pm
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:57 pm

MCO-PDX

Late sept 2017

Very Tasty. Honestly, Probably the BEST meal I've had on AS since the Small plates.
Attached Images   
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:09 pm

SEA-LAX

5am Flight. Late August 2017

Pretty Tasty Granola.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:11 pm

LAX-HAV

Late August 2017.

*loved the Tiny Tabasco & Ketchup availability. Maybe my assumptions have prevented me regularly asking. Too bad they don't offer automatically.

Nice plate.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:13 pm

HAV-LAX

Late August

Menu pic only - Sorry. I was worn out.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
More on the breakfast quiche with the luncheon accompaniments...

Date of Flight: September 7, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 652 PDX-DFW
Time of Departure: 8:35am
Length of flight: 3:20
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled water waiting at the seat
Meal served: Breakfast
Meal Description: Asparagus Quiche
Comments: First and foremost, what I and seatmate found odd was that there were no other choices offered on this 3+ hour assumed midcon flight. It was quiche or nothing. No granola. When seatmate queried the FA about it, he just shrugged and said that's all that was loaded. As to the quiche, I thought it was pretty good. Whoever a few post back found it disgusting - just curious - why? Undercooked? Cold? Bad taste? I've eaten a lot of quiche (Yes, real men DO eat quiche) and I thought it tasted great. As for the potato salad, as breakfast accompaniments go it was different to be sure but I didn't mind the flavor combination. The handful of greens on the side of the plate I viewed more as garnish and so ignored them.

i had this today on AS347 IAH-SEA. 6:15am departure flight. Flight time was blocked at 4h45m. No other choices were given.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Here's the evening version of the quiche...

Date of Flight: July 25, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 68? ANC-JNU
Time of Departure: 7:00pm
Length of flight: 1:20
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled water waiting at the seat
Meal served: Snack
Meal Description: Ham & Cheese Quiche
Additional Comments: Pretty nice for such a short "snack" flight. You'll note the substantial pile of greens accompanied by salad dressing. I would've appreciated some potato salad as well but then... it was only a 1 hr 20 min flight.
my friend was offered this on last night's SEA-IAH redeye.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
SEA-STL I flew the afternoon departure in first a couple weeks back although it was on an AS/QX operated E175. I remember having 5 Double crowns and this culinary delight - Caesar dressing on spinach? Gross . My Ride was amused with me upon pickup.
Thanks.

Something like that shat should work but depending on whats on offer on the morning departure, I might trying to score a cheese plate from J instead.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:32 pm

That's what I had 2 weeks ago on MKE-SEA, and it was better than I expected. I didn't use the dressing, but the chicken was very moist which worked for me.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Lame catering out of ONT

10/8
AS 545
ONT -SEA
6 am departure

The FA apologized profusely and supplied us with extra biscoff after serving us a vegetarian egg wrap with absolutely nothing else on the tray.

I was famished so I ate half of the wrap which was salty,but okay. Spinach flour tortilla filled with scrambled egg, fresh spinach, cheese and mushrooms. Would it have killed them to add a little bunch of grapes to the plate?

nope.

Will add photo when on the ground.

Did use alaska listens to praise FA and provide feedback on meal presentation.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by philemer
When I fly in F it's not because I expect a gourmet meal. I do it for the larger seat, a couple free drinks and, usually, a quieter environment, NOT for the food.
It's my understanding that sadly, most customer surveys support this position. That's not t say that most people who don't care one way or the other about airline food are not also disappointed with fare such as the transcon granola offering, but they're more likely to just sigh and chalk it up to the way things are these days without ever taking the time to complain.

That said, while I'm not sure what a "gourmet meal" might be for a U.S. airline breakfast these days, I don't think it's asking too much of Alaska to provide something a bit more substantial and "classy" than one scoop of granola and two tablespoons of yogurt as a main meal on a transcon flight.

I just hope that when it comes to the subject of inflight food, someone is actually listening at Alaska "Listens".
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Date of Flight: September 30, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 3 DCA-SEA
Time of Departure: 6:50pm
Length of flight: 5:00
Meal served: Dinner
Meal Description: Some kind of chicken or orecchiette pata with pesto and vegies
Additional Comments: Sorry that I can't offer a better description, but menus were never handed out and the FA presented the meal as "Chicken or Pasta". BTW, I did see a stack of menus sitting in the galley, and I also saw the sheet the caterers provided with descriptions of the entrees and instructions on how to plate them. Seems you can train up some of these FAs all you want, but if they're too lazy or disinterested to follow through on the proper service, there's not much that can be done.

As for the meal, I decided to go with the pasta for a change. I've had enough chicken for awhile. This was a good call. The pasta was nicely plated and totally delicious, decently flavored with pesto and parmesan. The salad was so-so and the dessert was like a chocolate brownie cupcake. As an omnivore with carnivorous leanings, I would definitely order this pasta dish again. Good stuff!
Attached Images   

Last edited by Seat 2A; Oct 8, 2017 at 11:57 pm
Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Caesar dressing on spinach? Gross
Between the lounges and seemingly all of my recent mid-con lunch flights, someone at AS is obsessed with caesar salad. I guess it keeps the shareholders happy, though, when meals for the entire F cabin can probably be catered for about $20.
JIMCHI likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:06 pm

Sorry that I can't offer a better description, but menus were never handed out and the FA presented the meal as "Chicken or Pasta". BTW, I did see a stack of menus sitting in the galley, and I also saw the sheet the caterers provided with descriptions of the entrees and instructions on how to plate them. Seems you can train up some of these FAs all you want, but if they're too lazy or disinterested to follow through on the proper service, there's not much that can be done.
They can't follow up with the FA's if they don't know. It doesn't hurt to let someone know....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.