Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
They need to get their F pre-order system up and running immediately, understanding that the merger is consuming them. But it can't be that complicated to get your IT people (or even outsource it) to get a pre-order meal system set up, before you piss off even more F customers.
This will probably split off as its own discussion, however I don't think its just IT that needs to be updated; its the whole supply chain and communication (timely) with catering, etc.

And I do think that its due to the merger there are delays in this progressing (but just my WAG).
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: Alaska Air Miles
Navigating the Explorer and Flight Schedule

This is likely because I’m just a noob, but the instructions state “Select the “Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules” to find meals for flights. I have been searching over the page from my phone and using the desktop version on my phone and I cannot seem to locate these buttons. Could someone take a screen shot and circle them for me to help me locate these elusive buttons?

Thanks in Advance,

Ben DeRemer (First Time MVP Gold Member)
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:27 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The third link from the left at the top of the webpage: Explore>Flight schedules>enter From and To, enter.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: United
As57 bos - pdx

AS57 BOS - PDX / Oct 6 / 9am
Breakfast
Fruit
pastry
Choice of Cheese Scallion Omelette
or
Granola
nuts

Underwhelmed by meal options for transcontinental flight. AS really going cheap lately. Where's the pre-order system? Where's the big quiche? Where's value?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by kilometer1
Breakfast
Fruit
pastry
or
Granola
nuts

Underwhelmed by meal options for transcontinental flight. AS really going cheap lately. Where's the pre-order system? Where's the big quiche? Where's value?
Complain ! No chance of any improvement if you don't complain. Granola on a transcon flight ? !! and those in the last rows may have no choice !!
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Originally Posted by Kurt
Wow, I didn't think this would draw such a response. No cereal on transcons!

To clarify, I asked for something from the back and got a Tom Douglas ham frittata without charge. It was served with the setup from the F breakfast; fruit and a blueberry muffin. The (very young) crew was very nice and handled the situation well.

I wrote to Alaska Cares; we'll see what response I receive.

Here's that improvised meal SEA-BWI with the Tom Douglas ham frittata and the other elements from the F tray. Not bad, really. The two bloody marys I drank might have improved my mood.

My first AS breakfast of the day was this rather tasty "huevos rancheros" served DEN-SEA. I actually preferred it to the scallion omelet I had BWI-SAN a couple of days later.

Last edited by Kurt; Oct 6, 2017 at 12:37 pm
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by kilometer1
Breakfast
Fruit
pastry
or
Granola
nuts

Really the only difference between this and a short-haul breakfast SEA-LAX is that on the transcon you also get a pastry and later in the flight some nuts and maybe something from the snack basket.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: IHGPlatinum, Marriott Silver
I am on AS350 SEA-IAH on Monday 10/09, scheduled as a lunch flight with a 1015am departure. Hopefully it is lunch, and if so any ideas on what is being served this month?

Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
It continues to Amaze me that AS does not invest more in its F meal program. People are correct in saying that short-hall is often better on AS than other airlines. But mid-con and transcon leave a lot to be desired. Still crazy to me they provide 1 option on flights like New Orleans to Seattle, which I was on a few weeks ago.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Question for the audience:

Any insights on what I can expect in F on AS748 SEA-STL on Tuesday?

Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Kurt
Here's that improvised meal SEA-BWI with the Tom Douglas ham frittata and the other elements from the F tray. Not bad, really. The two bloody marys I drank might have improved my mood.
How was the ham frittata? Does it fill the entire serving dish? If so, looks like a pretty generous portion and probably more filling that whatever is being served in F.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Frequentlander
Question for the audience:

Any insights on what I can expect in F on AS748 SEA-STL on Tuesday?

Thanks
What time do you depart? From what I've read, in general, best to get something good to eat after security before you board.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I hope each and every one of you complain LOUDLY to AS about this crap. We are flying SMF-OGG in 3 weeks on a ~10:30 a.m. departure. It's a long flight, equal to a transcon. It's scheduled for a lunch. We paid full fare and I certainly expect a substantial lunch. I've selected seats in the first row specifically so we don' get last choice of some $1.00 lunch such as a fruit plate. We fly this roundtrip route in full F about every 6 months. Last time was so-so, and last September it was VERY good. AS could go very quickly from one of the best F experiences domestically to one of the worst VERY quickly.

They need to get their F pre-order system up and running immediately, understanding that the merger is consuming them. But it can't be that complicated to get your IT people (or even outsource it) to get a pre-order meal system set up, before you piss off even more F customers.
Do you really think the "F pre-order system" is going to improve the quality of the food? I don't. If you can afford to pay full fare for F why don't you just buy a good picnic lunch at the airport and eat it on the plane? You know the offerings onboard are going to be hit or miss. When I fly in F it's not because I expect a gourmet meal. I do it for the larger seat, a couple free drinks and, usually, a quieter environment, NOT for the food.

Last edited by philemer; Oct 6, 2017 at 10:10 pm
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Date of Flight: 6 October 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS34, SEA-ORD
Time of Departure: 7:10a
Length of flight: ~3:45
Class of service: F
Pre-Departure Beverage service: water bottles distributed near the end of boarding
Meal served: Breakfast
Meal Description: Frittata with broccoli, side fruit plate, warmed nuts

Additional Comments: As usual, only a single breakfast choice but this one was rather tasty. All served on a single tray (inclusion of the nuts with the meal was odd, but oh well).
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by philemer
What time do you depart? From what I've read, in general, best to get something good to eat after security before you board.
Depart SEA at 10:20 am....so I'm thinking there may be some kind of lunch offered, but I've not flown that route for a couple of years so can't remember what it was last time (or I've successfully suppressed the memory).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.