Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Somehow I missed this. Will need to try in a few weeks. I have mixed feelings about it.

FA in PE this week created a different version for me...
2 Hazel Nut Espresso Vodkas
1 Baileys
2 Creamers
Rocks

Yes, this was a high volume beverage that required "pacing" to get it all to fit
I've never added creamer to it, I just get the alcohol parts on the rocks. Or mixed into coffee, depending upon how old the airframe is.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by mbluecpa
Unfortunately, the substandard menu choice of eat or don't eat is consistent with midcons of roughly this length. As to the subpar food, is it double-catered from SFO? That might explain the lack of video players (no room).
The SFO/MEX flight did a turn to LAX (same crew) and was double-catered. I assume the MEX/SFO plane comes from LAX and is double-catered, too.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver
As 674 sea - den

Date of Flight: 08/26/17
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 674 SEA-DEN
Time of Departure: 06:25
Length of flight: 2.5 Hours
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Offer of Coffee
Meal served: Cold Breakfast or Hot Breakfast
Meal Description: Cold or Hot Breakfast
Hot Breakfast: Eggs with Pepper Jack Cheese, Chorizo Sausage, Black Beans. Included fruit plate
Cold Breakfast: Granola with Milk, fruit plate, yogurt

Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:55 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver
AS 673 DEN - SEA and the great catering calamity

Date of Flight: 08/29/17
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 673 DEN-SEA
Time of Departure: 14:24
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled Water
Meal served: Sandwich, Cole Slaw, and Potato Chips
Meal Description:
The FA started out talking about the great sandwich that he had for us, and that there was a catering snafu but he got on the phone and made sure that we had a meal. At first I thought he was being humorous, but it turns out that it was very true. Apparently DEN is double catered, and when he checked the cart they had only plates of cole slaw available. They got meals loaded, however the plane was then over-catered.

We started with the one and only time AS has served a pre departure snack, Sun Chips. Mainly because he didn't have room for the full catering tray. Service followed in the air which was a variety of cold sandwiches (delicious actually) plus potato chips, a lemon bar, and a Seattle Chocolate Truffle.

Following that, the snack basket came out because they "catered this like a transcon. I don't know where they thought we were going." My seat mate asked for a bottle of water and was provided with a one liter of Dasani, apparently also over-catered.

The FA did a great job of making it humorous and providing a phenomenal service. I am convinced that the last minute catering was better then whatever was supposed to be catered on this flight from SEA.

pcoll likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by AKDan
The FA did a great job of making it humorous and providing a phenomenal service. I am convinced that the last minute catering was better then whatever was supposed to be catered on this flight from SEA.
Please please please fill out the Alaska Listens survey and the Contact Us form on the website and let AS know how much better this was than the regular service and that they need to intentionally cater this way. A bit puzzled by the double catering to DEN. I thought the last SEA-DEN was RON for the first departure on the following morning.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by quemalo
I've never added creamer to it, I just get the alcohol parts on the rocks. Or mixed into coffee, depending upon how old the airframe is.
That is my standard. Double with rocks

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Originally Posted by AKDan
Date of Flight: 08/29/17
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 673 DEN-SEA
Time of Departure: 14:24
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled Water
Meal served: Sandwich, Cole Slaw, and Potato Chips
Meal Description:
The FA started out talking about the great sandwich that he had for us, and that there was a catering snafu but he got on the phone and made sure that we had a meal. At first I thought he was being humorous, but it turns out that it was very true. Apparently DEN is double catered, and when he checked the cart they had only plates of cole slaw available. They got meals loaded, however the plane was then over-catered.

We started with the one and only time AS has served a pre departure snack, Sun Chips. Mainly because he didn't have room for the full catering tray. Service followed in the air which was a variety of cold sandwiches (delicious actually) plus potato chips, a lemon bar, and a Seattle Chocolate Truffle.

Following that, the snack basket came out because they "catered this like a transcon. I don't know where they thought we were going." My seat mate asked for a bottle of water and was provided with a one liter of Dasani, apparently also over-catered.

Please please please fill out the Alaska Listens survey and the Contact Us form on the website and let AS know how much better this was than the regular service and that they need to intentionally cater this way. A bit puzzled by the double catering to DEN. I thought the last SEA-DEN was RON for the first departure on the following morning.
Agree- contact AS and explain how you were impressed with AS' new standard ^
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The SFO/MEX flight did a turn to LAX (same crew) and was double-catered. I assume the MEX/SFO plane comes from LAX and is double-catered, too.
Thanks for this. I will be sure to get my fill at the Air France Lounge at both ends. Pretty pathetic offerings on a international run.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by beckoa
That is my standard. Double with rocks

Agree- contact AS and explain how you were impressed with AS' new standard ^
Add my vote to this also. Those of us who are sick of "usual" are now praying this happens on our next flight.
Please let the mis catered fairy smile on my next flight and give me this fabulous meal .
This is almost a no brainer for AS
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Horizon 2828 BUR-SJC 9/4/17

For all the discussion on here about how AS refuses to serve a PDB, the Horizon Flight Attendant held boarding to welcome each row to First Class, offer a PDB of coffee or OJ, and take a drink order for once we were in the air. Not bad for an airline that doesn't have a long history of first class service.

Chocolate Chip Scone was the meal today.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Date of Flight: September 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 753 RDU - SEA
Time of Departure: 5:18pm
Length of flight: 5.75 hours
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Offered
Meal served: Chicken or Pasta

Meal Description: Only loaded the outbound (SEA - RDU) breakfast menu so FA just had to give us general description. Chicken was described as grilled chicken with bacon bits and spaetzle. Pasta was described as pasta primavera. Dessert was some kind of warmed chocolate brownie with whipped cream. Basic caeser salad was served with both.

Wine: Chateau St. Michelle Indian Wells Cab or "Mimi" Chardonnay

I got the chicken and fiancee got the pasta. Chicken was quite good and pasta was fine though would have benefited from some kind of sauce (red or cream). Dessert was delicious and FAs were great throughout with refills, etc., (FA was really excited when I wanted to try the Chardonnay in the 2nd part of the flight after having the Cab with the meal).

Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Duke787
Date of Flight: September 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 753 RDU - SEA
Time of Departure: 5:18pm
Length of flight: 5.75 hours
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Offered
Meal served: Chicken or Pasta

Meal Description: Only loaded the outbound (SEA - RDU) breakfast menu so FA just had to give us general description. Chicken was described as grilled chicken with bacon bits and spaetzle. Pasta was described as pasta primavera. Dessert was some kind of warmed chocolate brownie with whipped cream. Basic caeser salad was served with both.

Wine: Chateau St. Michelle Indian Wells Cab or "Mimi" Chardonnay

I got the chicken and fiancee got the pasta. Chicken was quite good and pasta was fine though would have benefited from some kind of sauce (red or cream). Dessert was delicious and FAs were great throughout with refills, etc., (FA was really excited when I wanted to try the Chardonnay in the 2nd part of the flight after having the Cab with the meal).

What's on the chicken in your picture? Looks like salsa, which doesn't go at ALL with spaetzle and red cabbage!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
What's on the chicken in your picture? Looks like salsa, which doesn't go at ALL with spaetzle and red cabbage!
Some sort of bacon something or other (I think is what the FA said). I scrapped it to the side before diving in since I'm not a big bacon person and agreed definitely didn't seem to go with everything else on the plate.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
We were on AS in May and the inflight magazine said that pre-ordering of F class meals would start this summer. The summer is almost over and I've heard nothing more. I sure would like to pre-order rather than taking chances. Any update?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
We were on AS in May and the inflight magazine said that pre-ordering of F class meals would start this summer. The summer is almost over and I've heard nothing more. I sure would like to pre-order rather than taking chances. Any update?
The last we heard, that feature has been delayed
Old Sep 8, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
9/5 PHX-SEA 335p departure: Thai salad. It smelled...odd to me. Beechers awaited in SEA so I passed like usual
9/5 SEA-YYC 930p departure: QX E75 on this leg. Snack basket. The almonds were a lifesaver the next day when my lunch plans got scuttled.

9/7 YYC-SEA 125p departure: another QX E75 leg with an awesome FA working first. Two carrots, 1/8th of a bell pepper and three zucchini slices, stale "pita" and that red stuff with "olive oil." The FA kept butchering the name, so I kept asking what it was. She was a good sport and threatened to make me serve F.
9/7 SEA-PHX 335p departure: No idea what F got, but I got my 75k chocolate in PC without asking. Another excellent flight crew. ^

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
The last we heard, that feature has been delayed
I wonder what'll happen first: pre-ordering meals in F or Horizon having enough pilots to operate their current fleet without pulling planes out of service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.