Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rustykettel
As opinions differ around the meals themselves, I do like the meta discussion as long as it's about the first class meals. Drifting into unrelated territory that served by other threads is one thing, but I find the discussion often to be as interesting and as beneficial or more so than copying the meal description and tacking on a photo.
So what I hear you saying is that you want to make sure the food thread includes me whining about things like kale and polenta, correct??
Old Dec 31, 2017, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Looking at this thread strictly as an easy to access resource for people who want to find out what's being served aboard Alaska Airlines, I'd prefer to keep the extraneous commentary to a minimum.

I mean - imagine you've never flown Alaska before and you're curious to see what kind of meal service is generally offered on your upcoming Seattle to Denver flight. It'd be great if you could just easily scroll through titles and find what you were looking for without the distraction of having to wade through excessive commentary that occasionally wanders off topic.

Yeah - right. In my dreams.

The problem is the human element. It's only natural for us to want to comment, commiserate, complain, compare, etc. and that's not gonna change.

I would only hope that posters here would show greater regard for the fact that this is by design an informational thread about what to expect on board Alaska flights much more so than it is a social thread where we comment on whether or not we like this or that aspect of the meal or whether we were also on that flight (Take it to the Bored Room). After all, the point of this thread isn't whether so and so likes or dislike this or that item. It's about what's being served onboard. Our visitors can make up their own minds as to whether they like whatever's being served.

Also, if you must comment via quote from someone's meal posting, please quote just the words - NOT the pictures. An example of this can be seen in posts 959/960 (just scroll up a bit to see what I mean) while quoting post 959. It's really not necessary to quote the entire thread including pictures (How about saying something like Re. LAX-BWI Meal) as it just takes up a lot of extra space and makes nimble navigation through this thread that much more cumbersome and frustrating - not only for newcomers but for us regulars as well.
jmail1 likes this.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Jan 1, 2018 at 1:28 pm
Old Mar 28, 2018, 9:16 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Please continue this discussion in the 2018 thread.
What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2018)

Pat89339, Moderator Alaska Airlines Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.