Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by seahawks10177
That looks great to me! haha
It is good ^

Just want more sausage.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
12/19 TUS-SJC 750a departure: Scone.
12/19 SJC-TUS 520p departure: “Protein snack” of an egg, nuts, some veggies and some other stuff.

Have to say the OO FAs on these two flights were awesome. The TUS-SJC FA loaned her trench coat to a pax who was freezing the whole flight, and the SJC-TUS FA went around to verify bags belonged to people in F. When bags were unclaimed by F pax, she made announcements inquiring about who put bags in the bins in F, then hauled them out of the bin and into coach. Haven’t seen a FA do that before.
Also, both flights landed ~20 minutes early.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by beckoa
It is good ^

Just want more sausage.
more sausage would be a plus indeed. Kinda surprised Same catering on STL-SEA & LAS-SEA. Substantially different block times.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by beckoa
It is good ^

Just want more sausage.
+1

I was going to comment the sausage looked a little sparse, but you beat me to it.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by seahawks10177
That looks great to me! haha
I had this exact breakfast on a transcon flight from SEA-CHS last month. It's interesting that a west coast flight and transcon had the same catering and portions.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: MVP Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
It seems to be happening more and more - especially with the "lunches" that the BOB offering in the back is better than what's being served in "First Class".

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if Alaska's positioning itself to someday offer just a single main meal throughout the aircraft. One that will be for sale in back and complimentary up front.

Was the omelette actually branded as a Tom Douglas ® creation? I don't recall ever having seen Tom Douglas' name attached to anything but Coach Class BOBs.

Having no hot meal options loaded for a four hour flight in First Class - nor even cereal as I recall - is an egregious failure that this response doesn't even begin to address. I'm sure Alaska will eventually make this up to you but this initial response is pretty lame...
So an update do this, I sent in another survey and I got a better response and $100 voucher
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Date of Flight: 21 Dec 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS604 SEA-LAS
Time of Departure: 6:19p
Length of flight: ~2 hours
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled water
Meal served: Snack
Meal Description: Mushroom ravioli with side of roasted vegetables; side salad; pre-packaged brownie.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by mbluecpa
Date of Flight: 21 Dec 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS604 SEA-LAS
Time of Departure: 6:19p
Length of flight: ~2 hours
Meal served: Snack
Meal Description: Mushroom ravioli with side of roasted vegetables; side salad; pre-packaged brownie.
no shrooms for me!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: AS MVP
12/24/17
SEA-SJC (AS 332)
9:05 AM
Bowl of fruit & a spinach, cheese, & egg wrap. There was also a tiny bit of tomato (maybe supposed to be salsa?) in it. Wish there was more of that but overall it was actually very good and I was happy to get more of a meal vs just a snack!

Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
Date of Flight: 26 Dec 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS727 MCO-PDX
Time of Departure: 3:55 PM
Length of flight: ~6 hours
Meal served: Dinner
Meal Description: Salad + roll, choice of roasted chicken or pasta w/ pesto, "Ghirardelli" brownie

Salad was great, pasta was "meh."

Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
12/24
AS3428 SJC-LAX
630am
Scone and drinks

12/24
AS296 LAX-LTO
10:30am
Pita rounds, tomato basil hummus, and some veggies
No PDB

12/28
AS253 LTO-LAX
2:30pm
Caprese salad/salami/bread snack plate
PDB water

Drink orders taken at gate for both flights, both of which were 90 minutes.

Food was good. We had pre-ordered F&C on the outbound before we got upgraded and the FA gave us that too for free so it was a substantial meal on the southbound which was nice.

Good service both segments.

Last edited by PV_Premier; Dec 31, 2017 at 9:15 am
Old Dec 30, 2017, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
12/24
AS296 LAX-LTO
Pita rounds, tomato basil hummus, and some veggies
No PDB
Maybe it's just me, but I think it'd be really considerate and helpful if posters would include the departure time of their flight in these meal descriptions.

For example, if I didn't know anything about Alaska and were one thinking about flying with them based upon what I see posted here in this thread, I would feel better about flying Alaska if I knew the meal described for the LAX-LTO flight were for a flight that left at 2:30pm as opposed to 12:00n in which case I'd feel a bit underwhelmed, having expected something closer to a proper lunch - at least a sandwich.

Yeah, sure, we can always go look it up at alaskaair.com but it takes 5 seconds for posters to type in the departure time. It doesn't even have to be exact - if it's 2:34pm just say 2:30p

Now I realize that it's embarrassing for many to even acknowledge enough interest in airline food to post a description at a thread like this, but surely anyone posting here can remember in general the departure time of a flight they remembered enough to post a description of the food for. Most of us won't think you any less geeky.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Maybe it's just me, but I think it'd be really considerate and helpful if posters would include the departure time of their flight in these meal descriptions.
I agree and just started the 2018 version of this thread to include departure time and what the meal is described as by AS, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack, etc.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:42 am

I see someone has started the 2018 thread

However, I do have a request. Can we spit out descriptions/reports and general discussion/meta?

We've done this in the past, and takes a bit of work from our moderator team.

However I think it allows for the creation of a more thorough and accurate database of meals.

Thanks

~beckoa
Carfield likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
As opinions differ around the meals themselves, I do like the meta discussion as long as it's about the first class meals. Drifting into unrelated territory that served by other threads is one thing, but I find the discussion often to be as interesting and as beneficial or more so than copying the meal description and tacking on a photo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.