Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Date of Flight: 2/11/17
Flight # and Route: AS 787 MSY-SEA
Departure Time : 6:55 pm

Salad: Smashed red bliss potato pea salad
Entrée: Cavatappi pasta with puttanesca sauce
Dessert: Cupcake Royale chocolate babycake

The alternate entrée was Red wine braised chicken w/horseradish mashed potatoes and roasted Brussels sprouts.
imo it just seems weird to offer potato salad followed by a pasta entree (or a side of mashed potatoes with a protein entree)

that said, I've had the chicken a couple times and found it reasonably good, even after the potato salad
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
imo it just seems weird to offer potato salad followed by a pasta entree (or a side of mashed potatoes with a protein entree)

that said, I've had the chicken a couple times and found it reasonably good, even after the potato salad
I like potato salad, but yeah, it is an odd salad choice....AS tends to have, how should I say this, "unusual" salads on their trans con and Hawaii flights.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
(Re. AS 761 BWI-SEA) What was the veggie offering on the cod dish?
It was scalloped potatoes and Swiss chard.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by jrl767
...that said, I've had the chicken a couple times and found it reasonably good, even after the potato salad
I didn't take the chicken option because I'm not fond of horseradish and I detest Brussels sprouts. But given the choice again I'd probably take the chicken and just ask the FA to leave the rest off if they can.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
It was scalloped potatoes and Swiss chard.
I'm going to Google swiss chard....be right back

Ewww...no thanks....looks bitter and too much like cooked spinach which I detest...I can deal with raw spinach in salad as long as there are equal amounts of bacon
Old Feb 14, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I'm going to Google swiss chard....be right back

Ewww...no thanks....looks bitter and too much like cooked spinach which I detest...I can deal with raw spinach in salad as long as there are equal amounts of bacon
I also dislike cooked spinach, but would take it in a heartbeat over swiss chard (which I find inedible unless very fresh and prepared by a really good cook).
Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Funny, I just made swiss chard in a stir fry Sunday Night.

I ended up with the chicken on this route as it was a repeat from Aug? and I wasn't picky.

Surprised with the demand of seafood actually- the last couple of times I've not made a selection I've ended up with meat.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by Kurt
Flight/Route: AS674/SEA-DEN/Feb. 12, 2017
Aircraft/Tail/Seat: 737-900/N472AS/3C
Departure Time/Duration/Meal: 6:40 a.m./2:31/Breakfast

Waffle with scrambled eggs and chicken sausage. Served with "breakfast syrup" and a fruit bowl (red grapes, cantaloupe and a strawberry).

The waffle was delicious, slightly chewy and sweet. The crew was excellent; very busy the whole flight and on top of things.
I had this same meal SEA-SAN 6:45am 2/4/17.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
I didn't take the chicken option because I'm not fond of horseradish and I detest Brussels sprouts. But given the choice again I'd probably take the chicken and just ask the FA to leave the rest off if they can.
AS Flyer can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's all plated by the FAs so I guess you could have them leave something off, like the chard. I've had the FA leave off the arugula on a pasta dish.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Date of Flight: 2/14/17
Flight # and Route: AS 67 JNU-ANC
Departure Time : 8:03 pm
Length of flight : 1:20
Class of Service: F
Pre-Departure Beverage: Bottle of water at seat
Meal Served: Two warm cookies

I love cookies, almost a little too much, but this was disappointing. I'm a JNU-ANC veteran and the evening flight has always had some sort of meal...bigger than a snack but not enough to be called dinner. I wound up asking for (and paying for) a Tapas pack from Y.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
2/13 PHX-SEA 740p departure: some sort of chicken and pasta dish. It seemed like the FA working F didn't really want to be flying. He just tossed brought the trays out and went back to his jumpseat.

2/14 SEA-PHX 255p departure: I didn't get this description, and it seemed like 1/2 the cabin didn't eat. I think it was some sort of chicken dish. This FA was really good. She brought drinks out with Valentine's Day themed napkins, gave everyone the Cougar Mountain cookies from the lunch tray about an hour before landing and didn't stop coming through the cabin until the 10k foot announcement from the pilots. ^
Old Feb 15, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Date of Flight: February 15th, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 739 BWI LAX
Time of Departure: 7:25am
Length of flight: 5:15
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled water at seat
Meal served: Breakfast
Meal Description: No menus today. The FA announced the choices and then took orders. The choices were Mushroom and Swiss Omelet with Potatoes O'Brien and a Chicken Sausage ~or~ Bacon & Leek Quiche with Broiled Tomato and Asparagus.

Additional Comments: Five and a half hour flight and the FA dumped everything - fruit plate, entree and bread - on a tray and delivered it. I'll bet there were menus and she just didn't want to deal with them.

These meal options have been discussed before on other routes. I post them today only for the benefit of this month's BWI-LAX flyers. I'm not a big leek fan so I went with the omelet which was very good as always. I do think offering only a single link of chicken sausage is a bit cheap, though. C'mon, Alaska! Give us our meat! The quiche - if only in presentation - did look pretty good as well. Indeed, amongst the first two rows, it was quite popular.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Date of Flight: February 15th, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 739 BWI LAX
Time of Departure: 7:25am
Length of flight: 5:15
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled water at seat
Meal served: Breakfast
Meal Description: No menus today. The FA announced the choices and then took orders. The choices were Mushroom and Swiss Omelet with Potatoes O'Brien and a Chicken Sausage ~or~ Bacon & Leek Quiche with Broiled Tomato and Asparagus.

Additional Comments: Five and a half hour flight and the FA dumped everything - fruit plate, entree and bread - on a tray and delivered it. I'll bet there were menus and she just didn't want to deal with them.

These meal options have been discussed before on other routes. I post them today only for the benefit of this month's BWI-LAX flyers. I'm not a big leek fan so I went with the omelet which was very good as always. I do think offering only a single link of chicken sausage is a bit cheap, though. C'mon, Alaska! Give us our meat! The quiche - if only in presentation - did look pretty good as well. Indeed, amongst the first two rows, it was quite popular.

Wow....no red spice on your fruit plate???? I thought Feb was the red spice rotation but maybe not on the East-West morning trans cons.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: AS G75K
2/15/17 6:30am
AS823 SEA-SMF
Breakfast

Coffee & OJ offered as PDB along with Biscoffs at the seats. Breakfast was a egg & mushroom breakfast wrap with a sundried tomato basil tortilla. It was served with a side of fruit and nothing else. The wrap was FANTASTIC! Tasted amazing and very filling considering it wasn't very big. It had something herbal inside it along with the perfect combo of mushrooms and melty cheese. I would buy this at a cafe on a regular basis. Yum!

Fantastic service from Marty up front. ^
Old Feb 15, 2017, 5:25 pm

How often do the transcon menus rotate?

I'm pretty sure my LAX-DCA dinner last week was the exact same menu served on my flight in July.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.