Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
By the way, for those of you who don't get upgraded and get left behind in Premium Economy, here are a couple shots of the complimentary snack offerings:

I previously posted photos and details about the miniscule snack box over on the Premium Class Discussion thread, including a tape measure to gauge the tiny size and listing the full (limited) calorie count ...
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
OK folks, I've got another trans con in F coming up this month....what's on the rotation for breakfast (and dinner)? Crossing my fingers that I can escape the fruit plate with that horrid red spice and cucumbers.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

deleted
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Crossing my fingers that I can escape the fruit plate with that horrid red spice and cucumbers.
I asked for the tajin (?think that's it) to be left off my fruit when meal orders were taken on my last F transcon and FA said sure. Come to find out it's done by catering, and the FA was going to wipe it off but fortunately wasn't on that flight/month/meal schedule. Powdered in advance by Catering?!? Are you kidding me AS? Do you dump Tabasco on the scrambled eggs at prep too??
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
OK folks, I've got another trans con in F coming up this month....what's on the rotation for breakfast (and dinner)? Crossing my fingers that I can escape the fruit plate with that horrid red spice and cucumbers.
polenta for dinner

kale for breakfast
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
polenta for dinner

kale for breakfast
Why am I not surprised???
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rustykettel
I asked for the tajin (?think that's it) to be left off my fruit when meal orders were taken on my last F transcon and FA said sure. Come to find out it's done by catering, and the FA was going to wipe it off but fortunately wasn't on that flight/month/meal schedule. Powdered in advance by Catering?!? Are you kidding me AS? Do you dump Tabasco on the scrambled eggs at prep too??
Yeah, I think you're probably right....I've seen tajin? powder in the produce section at the market and it looks suspiciously familiar. It would be nice if catering left it off for the FAs like they did back when they were dumping arugula on top of the pasta.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Date of Flight: February 3rd, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 184 FAI-SEA
Time of Departure: 5:50pm
Length of flight: 3:10
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled water at seat
Meal served: Dinner
Meal Description: The meal was described by the FA as beef in a garlic gravy with carrots and potatoes. Although she claimed to have been provided with a written description from catering, she evidently declined to use it.

Additional Comments: I was thinking this might be the old beef with mustard sauce meal I'd seen on a couple of rotations last year but no - it was much better. (And I didn't mind the beef & mustard sauce). My plate contained a decent amount of beef doused in ample portions of a delicious and rich brown gravy. The carrots were nicely cooked and the potatoes benefited greatly from a few spoonfuls of the gravy. Dessert was a pre-packaged chocolate chip cookie. Overall, a very nice meal by my tastes.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Date of Flight: February 4TH, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 468 SEA-LAX
Time of Departure: 7:30am
Length of flight: 2:10
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled water at seat
Meal served: Breakfast
Meal Description: We were offered a choice of hot or cold meals.
HOT: Waffle, scrambled eggs, 2 chicken sausage links, fruit plate
COLD: Granola, yogurt, fruit plate (and maybe bread - I didn't see)

Additional Comments: I I chose the hot option and was generally pleased. The meal could've been served a bit warmer and some butter for the waffle would've been nice but overall, a good and filling breakfast for a two hour flight.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow Seat 2A, two yummy looking meals in a row....especially the beef w/gravy and mashed potatoes....regular (non sweet) potatoes too!!! Very happy to see the lemon bar go away in favor of a chocolate chip cookie....thanks AS ^
Old Feb 4, 2017, 1:29 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Very happy to see the lemon bar go away
Wasn't the lemon bar lunch-only on longer flights?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dayone
Wasn't the lemon bar lunch-only on longer flights?
Not sure what constitutes "longer" but I got the lemon bar on an 870 mile LAS-SEA Dinner Flight last week.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Not sure what constitutes "longer" but I got the lemon bar on an 870 mile LAS-SEA Dinner Flight last week.
By last week do you mean January or February? Perhaps the new month brought the new item (chocolate chip cookie). Still waiting to see a transcon report for February.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

By last week do you mean January or February? Perhaps the new month brought the new item (chocolate chip cookie). Still waiting to see a transcon report for February.
Well, today is Saturday, February 4th.

For many, a week is thought to begin on Monday (the first day) and run through to Sunday (and on the seventh day, He rested, yada yada.)

By my thinking, since I posted today, that means we're still in this week.

Monday of this week was January 30th.

Since this week - as I understand the term to be - began on January 30th, then last week it must've been January all week.

At least, that's how I see it. Others may differ.

As for a February trans-con report, it is only the 4th. Hang in there. I'm sure something will turn up in the coming daze.

P.S. If you click the blue highlighted and underlined link which I provided two posts up - that's right, the one that sez LAS-SEA Dinner Flight- it'll deliver you directly to that meal report wherein the date of the flight is also indicated.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Feb 4, 2017 at 8:12 pm
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: AS
Let us have a moment of silence for the passing of the Lemon Bar....
Perhaps we can all take a minute to be thankful for the offering of alternatives....
Can I get an Amen...?
OK, too much Pinot Noir ? (Too Soon?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.