Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by oscar112
I agree the tortellini is a horrible dish, yet it keeps coming back, over and over and over. Even the FAs complain about the tortellini since they're on the receiving end of passengers complaints about it.
There was once a flight I was on where the F cabin revolted against the meal. We were each given a voucher for either miles or a discount code...

If it's that bad, let the FA know. And alaskalistens.com

I think I had the tortellini once and it was ok, but defiantly better entrees out there.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:05 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Flew SJD-SJC on 3/17. Vegetarian dish that consisted of four asparagus, two scoops of some rice/risotto (?) and a side salad. Probably the worst meal I ever had.

Second flight from SJC-SEA was much better as we had the chicken skewer, hummus, and pita.

Same meal PDX - ANC March 10 nonstop lunch service (sorry, don't recall the flight number, but it was a 9:40am ish departure). Really, 2 scoops rice for lunch??? 👎👎
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
BWI-SAN inaugural on 3/16
Attached Images   
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
my wife had the omelet and thought it was quite good; I'm still amused by the "cranberries and walnuts"
Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: AS
Cranberries and Walnuts.....Apricots and Pecans...someone must think they are really the same.
Close enough as good enough for AS, these days, IMHO.
"so we are all fruits and nuts in the end".
Flying SEA/SLC this week...curious what will be offered.
Perhaps still the chicken salad or hopefully the hummus plate.
Will update.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
AS 29 ORD SEA 3:40 PM

Salad and creamy rice with vegetables and a bread stick (carb and veggie tray).

Bought the banh mi from Coach, which was excellent. At least 3 out of 12 in F purchased coach food to supplement this ridiculous excuse for a meal.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
3/11 SEA-ANC Breakfast

I have head worst meals on planes.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:13 pm

sea-las on 3/17 at 620am. scrambled eggs, roasted fingerling potatoes, two chicken sausages, and a fruit plate. good meal alaska!
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
By June 2017 Option to Pre-Select meals in First Class

From the 3/22/17 Alaska Air press release:
"West Coast-inspired food and beverage

Together with Virgin America, we’re continuing to enhance our fresh, healthy, West Coast-inspired onboard food and beverage menus. Guests of both airlines enjoy craft brews, premium wines and delicious food options. By June 2017, Alaska First Class passengers will be able to pre-select meals before they fly, and by early 2018, Alaska’s Main Cabin passengers will be able to pre-pay for their meals before they fly. Food pre-ordering will be extended to Airbus flights sometime in the future."
For more information, here is the link to the full Alaska Air blog post.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by AKCuisine

Together with Virgin America, we’re continuing to enhance our fresh, healthy, West Coast-inspired onboard food and beverage menus. Guests of both airlines enjoy craft brews, premium wines and delicious food options. By June 2017, Alaska First Class passengers will be able to pre-select meals before they fly, and by early 2018, Alaska’s Main Cabin passengers will be able to pre-pay for their meals before they fly. Food pre-ordering will be extended to Airbus flights sometime in the future."

Wonder if they'll at least slightly expand the offering then to include like vegetarian/vegan options to be pre-selected... or at least show the options before you reach checkout.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by acarney
Wonder if they'll at least slightly expand the offering then to include like vegetarian/vegan options to be pre-selected... or at least show the options before you reach checkout.
I assume this option will only be available on transcon and Hawaii flights where there is actually a choice. FAs sometimes joke, "we have the tortellini or you can have the tortellini"
Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
3/20 LAX-PDX 1:15p departure: rice/salad & breadstick. I passed. Neighbor said it was "one of the better meals recently." I ate a couple veggie dishes from Lemonade and the FA wanted to "trade meals" with me

3/22 PDX-PHX 830p departure: cookies are back. I donated mine to the drivers.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by AKCuisine

Good catch ^

Knew this was in the works but imagine the acquisition slowed things down a bit...
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
3/16 SEA-PSP 930a departure: fruit and cheese plate

3/21 PSP-SEA 345p departure: creamy rice with asparagus, portobello, and sun dried tomato. Sides were a salad, breadstick, and brownie.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by mbluecpa
3/16 SEA-PSP 930a departure: fruit and cheese plate

3/21 PSP-SEA 345p departure: creamy rice with asparagus, portobello, and sun dried tomato. Sides were a salad, breadstick, and brownie.

I did not realize the rice had fungus in it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.