Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Do the Skywest operated mid-cons like MCI-PDX, AUS-PDX, ect. receive the warm nuts prior to meal service or is that limited to mainline 737 flights? I know they don't serve the warm cookies for dessert on the E175 flights.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: AS G75K
Originally Posted by northwesterner
Breakfast sandwich is the same I had in December.
I had this sandwich last week SEA-SMF and thought it was pretty good! An absolute mess to eat and the bread was a little soggy but man it tasted awesome!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:31 pm

Last night, PDX-BUR (Skywest operated E175). Had the dreaded tortellini again. It's such a terrible mess of a dish. Tortellini, rubbery chicken strips, butternut squash, pesto AND tomato sauce. It's like someone realized it's a bad dish, and kept adding ingredients to it to hide how bad it was, only to make it more terrible.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP
AS 524 SEA-BUR 3/13/17; 1930 departure.

This appears to be the west coast dinner "snack" for March.

Braised short ribs over pasta. It was really, really good. Beef had a ton of flavor, just enough sauce to coat the perfectly cooked pasta, and the salad was crisp and fresh.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
AS 631 - PHX to SEA - 3/7/17 - 0600 deptarture

Scrambled Eggs - 2 Sausage Links - Soggy Eggo Waffle - Fruit Plate

Nothing special whatsoever. Why not provide Butter for the waffle? Why does the Syrup have to be refrigerated?
Attached Images  

Last edited by flyupfrnt; Mar 14, 2017 at 12:06 am
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:14 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Just in case there's any confusion, the substance in question was spaetzle or more correctly, spätzle. It is not corn. What is spätzle? It's like German polenta.

No, No! Just kidding!

In truth, it's a type of noodle made from eggs, flour and salt. The style served with my referenced Alaska meal was the knöpfle type of spätzle.

Guten Appetit!
Mahlzeit! That's the most fantastic looking and sounding AS meal I've seen in ages. Especially the salad. What a novel idea, to serve Romaine Lettuce with the Caesar dressing. Brilliant!
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt

Nothing special whatsoever. Why not provide Butter for the waffle? Why does the Syrup have to be refrigerated?
An Eggo waffle is not the normal waffle.

Catering error...?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W
This is the same meal that was served on AS 286 LAX-HAV although the presentation on my flight was much better. The portions seemed OK to me and the flavors were good.
Here's a photo of our meal. Bacon was quite tasty. I was disappointed there was no snack basket later in the flight (round trip catered)

Yes, this was all served at the same time.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Date of Flight: March 3rd, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 150 ANC-LAX
Time of Departure: 11:45 PM
Length of flight: 5:00
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled water at seat
Meal served: Snack
Meal Description: Hummus with toasted pita and chicken skewer

Additional Comments:

Very tasty hummus- perfect for a redeye flight.

Should have asked for a second skewer. I am a fan of food on sticks
Attached Images  
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by BOB W
We had this meal on AS287 HAV-LAX on 3 8 2017 except dessert, which was a packaged brownie. I honestly thought that this was one of the best meals I have ever had on AS. The flavors were great and I especially loved the Spaetzli. It was lightly fried, the braised cabbage was very flavorful and the chicken was moist. I think the chicken was a thigh.

I was in row 3 and the other option, a vegetarian pasta was already taken by the time they got to me. The FA said that only 4 pasta dishes were catered since it was vegetarian instead of the standard 50/50 split.

No menus were offered but the FA knew exactly what each meal included and made both of them sound very good.
I was glad to have the real protein option

FYI they apparently catered the cheeseburger in Y for this flight, but they ran out... and no snack basket again as it was round trip catered from LAX.

An excellent meal ^
Attached Images   
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt

I had the "old" better looking (and I assume tasting) waffle today on my flight from AUS-SEA. That Ego waffle really does look horrible!
Old Mar 18, 2017, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Buster
Last night, PDX-BUR (Skywest operated E175). Had the dreaded tortellini again. It's such a terrible mess of a dish. Tortellini, rubbery chicken strips, butternut squash, pesto AND tomato sauce. It's like someone realized it's a bad dish, and kept adding ingredients to it to hide how bad it was, only to make it more terrible.
I agree the tortellini is a horrible dish, yet it keeps coming back, over and over and over. Even the FAs complain about the tortellini since they're on the receiving end of passengers complaints about it.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver
As 771 dca-pdx

Date of Flight: 3/18/17
Flight Number and Route flown: 771 DCA-PDX
Time of Departure: 17:08
Length of flight: 5 hrs 20 min
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: None, bottled water
Meal served:
Salad:
Romaine, oven roasted tomatoes, bacon and Parmesan cheese with Caesar Dressing

Choice of entree:
Roasted chicken with thyme and garlic
sweet onion, mustard, bacon vinaigrette, braised red cabbage, spaetzle

or

Orecchiette primavera pasta
pistachio pesto, cherry tomato relish and shredded Parmesan cheese

Dessert:Ghirardelli's chocolate brownie with Seattle Chocolates Rainier carry truffle center
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines 100K MVP, Oneworld Emerald, Marriott Titanium
Fresh baked cookies!

Dfw-sea 3/16 7:25 pm. Standard salad and ravioli but fresh baked cookies! The smell was amazing. I passed on them but they looked so good.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Flew SJD-SJC on 3/17. Vegetarian dish that consisted of four asparagus, two scoops of some rice/risotto (?) and a side salad. Probably the worst meal I ever had.

Second flight from SJC-SEA was much better as we had the chicken skewer, hummus, and pita.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.