Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
As long as they don't celebrate by giving me extra polenta, I'm happy
Old May 11, 2017, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
As long as they don't celebrate by giving me extra polenta, I'm happy
Polenta no

Kale, absolutely

They're replacing potato chips with Kale chips in honor of the award and your patronage
Old May 11, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
They're replacing potato chips with Kale chips in honor of the award and your patronage
Sea salt and tajín kale chips I would expect.
Old May 13, 2017, 4:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Menu looks good ex-IND.

Let's see how Gate Gourmet did in a few minutes.
Attached Images  
Old May 13, 2017, 8:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by beckoa
Menu looks good ex-IND.

Let's see how Gate Gourmet did in a few minutes.
Had the chicken.

Was tasty. The Cavatappi was so/so apparently without a lot of flavor.
Attached Images     
Old May 16, 2017, 5:42 pm

AS65 JNU-ANC
Spinach Hummus
So/so
Attached Images  
Old May 16, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
5/15 AS 755 SEA-ANC 9:30 PM Departure

Quiche with cheese, tomato and onion with side. Cabin was too dark for photos. Tasty enough but a weird choice for a late PM flight. Seattle's Best chocolate for dessert. Warm nuts with the first drink service. No snack basket. Good service and talked to me using my name throughout the flight.
Old May 16, 2017, 9:56 pm

5/16/17 AS65 SEA-KTN
Something Florentine with chicken sausage or "continental breakfast"
Attached Images  
Old May 17, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
OAK-SEA Snack, SEA-ANC Snack

The first choice is just plain weird, why go through all that formalities and have all that empty space on the tray, just do couple of rounds snack basket and be done with it.

The second one is an upgrade if its replacing that disgusting Chicken Cesar salad they had in past. Bigger question is why is a 730PM SEA-ANC departure a snack flight? DL serves a full dinner on 830PM SEA-ANC departure. Must be those marketing geniuses at AS who choose to spend the least on F food while still creating the aura of best airline.

Name:  File_000.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  435.6 KB

Name:  File_001.jpg
Views: 1391
Size:  990.8 KB
Old May 17, 2017, 2:41 pm

Honestly that "snack" looks pretty good to me and it's not much different from a midcon dinner, apart from no warm cookies or nuts.
Old May 18, 2017, 10:38 am

5/14/17 AS3424 SEA-ICT

Can't recall what it was described, but it tasted about as good as it looked. Should have opted for the bbq chicken sandwich in Y.
Attached Images  
Old May 18, 2017, 10:44 am

5/15/17 AS3425 ICT-SEA

Hot towel service and warmed nuts served with the first beverage round.

Chicken Coconut Curry - tasty, although the side veggies had annoying little mushrooms in them. Still nice to have something new ^
Attached Images    
Old May 18, 2017, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
5/14/17 AS3424 SEA-ICT

Can't recall what it was described, but it tasted about as good as it looked. Should have opted for the bbq chicken sandwich in Y.
If that's gnocchi and sausage, it's the most bizarre looking one I've ever seen.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm
If that's gnocchi and sausage, it's the most bizarre looking one I've ever seen.
It is gnocchi and italian sausage but the FA served it with the cabbage underneath the gnocchi. To retain the moisture in pasta dishes, they put a little piece of cabbage on top of the pastas that is to be removed and discarded before being served. Apparently, someone didn't get the memo. It could have been plated better to look more appetizing.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
It is gnocchi and italian sausage but the FA served it with the cabbage underneath the gnocchi. To retain the moisture in pasta dishes, they put a little piece of cabbage on top of the pastas that is to be removed and discarded before being served. Apparently, someone didn't get the memo. It could have been plated better to look more appetizing.
It was a bit strange- I like cabbage but was wondering its purpose.

The fun of OO F/A's

And thanks for reminding me what the meal was called.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.