Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 8:41 am

Wow, that looks pretty poor. It might taste ok, but it LOOKS bad. Plus I would have been worried I was one bump away from making a large mess...
Old May 9, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
That looks absolutely disgusting. I've seen canned dog food that appears more appetizing ...

Originally Posted by safari ari
Meal Description: Turned out to be a "deconstructed" burrito, or basically a plate of beef, tomato-corn salsa and tortillas.

Old May 9, 2017, 10:47 am

I just got that meal on Sunday PDX-BUR. It was described by the FA as "chicken southwest something," but it was not chicken! She didn't bother to try to plate it - it came out in a little metal tin. While the presentation was lacking, given how soupy it is, I think that was probably the right call. It actually tasted good, but it might have been that my standards are so low that I was just excited it wasn't tortellini.
Old May 9, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
The dessert that Delta serves of Seattle (Jenn's Ice Cream) probably cost more than this mess.
Old May 9, 2017, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I think it looks fun.

Add some salsa and guac

Reminds me of Taco King...
Old May 9, 2017, 10:32 pm

Today, 5/9/17

SEA-SJC -
an antipasto plate with sliced salami meat, fresh mozzarella, olives and peppers and sundried tomaotes. It also had two small pieces of pita bread and a separate ramekin of carrot/sriracha hummus. small chocolate on the side.

SJC-SEA
small side salad with Caesar dressing and a swiss, tomato and onion quiche with a small chocolate.

I may be biased, but these were both really good and presented very well. The perfect snack for a 1+45 flight.
Old May 9, 2017, 10:35 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

*Breaking my vow to not comment of food posts.*

More suited for a bowl than a plate.

Last edited by dayone; May 9, 2017 at 10:46 pm Reason: Add image.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by dayone

More suited for a bowl than a plate.
This particular meal looks awful. Not sure if it was intended to be served with the gravy/juice on the plate, but it really doesn't present well.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:24 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
Originally Posted by dayone
Picture made me reminiscent of Boy Scout winter camp outs. Can of Dinty Moore and some tortillas.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Today, 5/9/17

SEA-SJC -
an antipasto plate with sliced salami meat, fresh mozzarella, olives and peppers and sundried tomaotes. It also had two small pieces of pita bread and a separate ramekin of carrot/sriracha hummus. small chocolate on the side.

SJC-SEA
small side salad with Caesar dressing and a swiss, tomato and onion quiche with a small chocolate.

I may be biased, but these were both really good and presented very well. The perfect snack for a 1+45 flight.
Thanks for sharing...I'm sure you see far more AS meals than most of us They both sound like ok snacks....
Old May 10, 2017, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
This particular meal looks awful. Not sure if it was intended to be served with the gravy/juice on the plate, but it really doesn't present well.
Yeah, I think this is one of those meals that looks way better than it tastes...has AS ever tried serving enchiladas?
Old May 10, 2017, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Yeah, I think this is one of those meals that looks way better than it tastes...has AS ever tried serving enchiladas?
Not anytime in the last 25 years that I'm aware of. Probably when they first started flights to Mexico. I love enchiladas though, and would probably eat any unclaimed ones. 😬

Oh, and to your comment about the meals i mentioned, I think you would have approved. They were pretty simple and easy snacks that were really good.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Two weeks in a row now that the menu item "Cupcake Royale chocolate babycake" from Seattle has failed to make an appearance on the EWR-SJC flight. Today we have cheesecake again:

Entree choices were the red wine braised chicken I had last week (PHOTO) or Cavatappi pasta with puttanesca sauce (which was the only item left for my row).

Unusual departure up over the George Washington Bridge and Hudson River due to headwinds and a northern routing to SJC.

Everyone on board received a chocolate bar to mark Alaska winning a JD Power award.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
Everyone on board received a chocolate bar to mark Alaska winning a JD Power award.
... except for PDXPremier. They didn't offer him one. (sorry, I couldn't resist)
Old May 11, 2017, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion

... except for PDXPremier. They didn't offer him one. (sorry, I couldn't resist)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.