Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
Such a generous portion for a 5 hr flight!
I actually thought it was just the perfect portion for breakfast when you add everything up. Really can't complain and enjoyed everything on the tray.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tom911
I actually thought it was just the perfect portion for breakfast when you add everything up. Really can't complain and enjoyed everything on the tray.
I think it all looked very tasty although the quiche could have used some potatoes with it like they serve with the omelettes given the fact that is was a trans con meal. Speaking of food, I'm anxious to see June roll around and see how the first class meal ordering works, especially on flights that now only have one meal choice, like PDX-LAX (lunch/dinner) or MCI-SEA (dinner).
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by vsbflyer
We're flying this route tomorrow? What did they serve? Anything for vegetarians? I'm vegetarian and pregnant so I want to plan ahead in case they don't have anything for me.

Thanks!
You get the quiche!
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
I had this quiche on my SEA-FLL flight a few weeks ago. I enjoyed the quiche and thought it was one of their better breakfast offerings. In fact, I found it to be more food than I could eat, considering the muffin it was served with. Lots of carbs. Still, one of the best transcons offerings in awhile IMO.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Bretmd
I had this quiche on my SEA-FLL flight a few weeks ago. I enjoyed the quiche and thought it was one of their better breakfast offerings. In fact, I found it to be more food than I could eat, considering the muffin it was served with. Lots of carbs. Still, one of the best transcons offerings in awhile IMO.
Glad it all tasted good and was filling. My comment was more a reflection on the fact that the fruit plate is smaller than in the past and that the quiche wasn't served with anything else.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Haven't posted in here much recently...it's been a normal lineup of meals with some very, very mediocre crews and some outstanding ones.

4/6 & 4/12 PDX-PHX 830p departure: cookies

4/11 PHX-PDX 7a departure: normal breakfast choice of the granola/egg based hot dish. I slept

4/24 PHX-SEA 730p departure: chicken, salad and brownie. It looked and smelled good and the portion size was quite nice. Already ate before flying, but I probably would have had it.

No service on my QX flights this month with the exception of BOI-PDX which featured a 3:30 credit card pitch with a FA waving applications in the faces of aisle passengers. No credit card pitch on any AS mainline this month. ^
Old May 2, 2017, 11:03 pm

On this morning's 0630 SJC-EWR (no menus):

Old May 2, 2017, 11:11 pm

On this afternoon's 1605 EWR-SJC:

Not sure the dessert matches the menu, but then I really don't know what a "babycake" is, though it sure doesn't look chocolate.

Old May 3, 2017, 12:52 am

On this morning's 0630 SJC-EWR (no menus):
Looks good!
Old May 3, 2017, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Not sure the dessert matches the menu, but then I really don't know what a "babycake" is, though it sure doesn't look chocolate.
You are the babycake, my dear. In fact, I'd be surprised if at some point over the last 31 years flying AS, if a FA hasn't called me Babycake, or similar. You seem to be surviving your AA withdrawal pretty well - what's your current overall assessment of the AS F&B to date?
Old May 3, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
On this afternoon's 1605 EWR-SJC:

You're right, that's not a Cupcake Royale babycake. The dessert shown in your photo is a Chuckanut Bay individual cheesecake. Chuckanut Bay Cheesecake Company is based in Whatcom county, in northwest Washington state.

All in all, I have to say that both the breakfast and dinner shown in your post appear to have been both substantial and - gasp! - a bit different from what we have typically been seeing in AS first class.

I wonder if May meals on other routes will receive positive reviews? Perhaps we're beginning to see some positive changes for the F culinary offerings?

(((fingerscrossed)))
Old May 3, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: AS
Finally!!
this is what F&B manager promised at our meeting a year ago. Also indicated we would be able to preorder our meals in F. Sounds like that may be coming soon.
I guess that implementing changes takes much longer than we thought.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
what's your current overall assessment of the AS F&B to date?
Pretty happy, actually, and they seem to really focus on presentation. Menus do seem to change more often than over at AA (ask anyone there who overdosed on the mac and cheese and beef fillet combination that was showing up all over the place last year). Just passed 50K on AS/VX so looks like I'm going to hang around. Only downside is that I can never find competitive DCA fares - was back twice this year and it was on Delta to BWI.
Old May 3, 2017, 1:37 pm

Flying Alaska for the first time LGA-DFW on the E-175 in November. Hearing mixed feedback on this, some say the planes have ovens, some don't. Flight leaves at noon. I know I will be served lunch but will it be a cold meal or is there a chance the meal is hot? Thanks!

Last edited by PT612; May 4, 2017 at 6:46 am Reason: typo
Old May 3, 2017, 2:11 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by PT612
Flying Alaska for the first time LGA-DFW
LGA-DAL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.