Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:33 pm

Date of Flight: 2/17
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 718 SEA-BWI
Time of Departure: 8:35am
Length of flight: 4hr30mins
Class of service: F
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottle of water, PDB of Coffee/OJ!
Meal served: Breakfast
Meal Description:
Starter was the AS classic fruit w/ spices, with a small cinnamon bun. (I think)

Choice of Orange Brioche French Toast or a Mediterranean Scramble. Went with the French Toast as I couldn't stand the olives in the egg dish if they were mixed in. It was pretty bleh. Bread was super dry, and not even the syrup could help that. Bacon/Eggs accompanying it were average.

Date of Flight: 2/20
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 761 BWI-SEA
Time of Departure: 5:35pm

Exactly the same as this post below. Also had the fish, was pretty good - though a little soggy.
Originally Posted by airlinemileswhore
Date of Flight: 2/16
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 771 DCA-PDX
Time of Departure: 5:15pm
Length of flight: 5hr20mins
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottle of water
Meal served: Chicken or Cod
Meal Description: Arugula salad with grilled pears was way to sour. I choose the cod which wasn't half bad. It came with scalloped potatoes which were very cheesy (can't go wrong with cheese) and the lovely red chard (which I avoided because of the onions in it). Dessert was a mini cupcake and a strawberry. Service was great as my glass was never empty (and thanks to the person who posted about the hazelnut vodka and baileys!!).

Originally Posted by ffman999
Did they do the snack basket? Have F this week between SEA-KOA and back, and haven't seen it recently. So just curious.
They did for my flight, about 90 minutes of flight time left. I became a big fan of the Brownie Brittle that was there, hadn't seen that before, but I hadn't been on a transcon since October.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:36 pm

Home Run Meal in First Class - Finally!

*** So I am going to preface this by saying I am not trying to come off like some sort of FC snob... I have spent my share of time in coach however I have been fortunate as of late to be upgraded on some of the cross-continent long hauls. ***

I have had just about enough of the Tom Douglas Chicken Sandwich thing like most of the rest of you. Or other not so tasty food to the point I have been just paying for a fruit and cheese platter.

However...things might be looking up.

On a flight back from DCA to SEA as we speak I was treated to a choice of Blackened Chicken or Cod. I chose the Chicken. It was surprisingly very very good. Thought it might be a bit spicy but it wasn't. Just a great and large portion of chicken with a simple glaze/gravy. To accompany was a real mashed potato and spinach. Spinach isn't my favorite but it too didn't have the staunch after taste. Starter was a nice green salad with cheese crumbles. I have to say... best meal in as long as I can remember in FC. Nice job Alaska!

Keep it up!!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL FO
Now that sounds really good. You are making me hungry!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ASRobo
*** So I am going to preface this by saying I am not trying to come off like some sort of FC snob... I have spent my share of time in coach however I have been fortunate as of late to be upgraded on some of the cross-continent long hauls. ***

I have had just about enough of the Tom Douglas Chicken Sandwich thing like most of the rest of you. Or other not so tasty food to the point I have been just paying for a fruit and cheese platter.

On a flight back from DCA to SEA as we speak I was treated to a choice of Blackened Chicken or Cod. I chose the Chicken. It was surprisingly very very good. Thought it might be a bit spicy but it wasn't. Just a great and large portion of chicken with a simple glaze/gravy. To accompany was a real mashed potato and spinach. Spinach isn't my favorite but it too didn't have the staunch after taste. Starter was a nice green salad with cheese crumbles. I have to say... best meal in as long as I can remember in FC. Nice job Alaska!

Keep it up!!
Thanks for the report....we have a first class meal thread her in the AS forum so this will probably get merged with that....btw, anytime they serve cooked spinach, at best, that would be a double if everything else was great but certainly not a "home run"....lol.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: AS
My heart actually skipped a beat when reading title.
FINALLY, decent food in F.
I am also one who has paid for F&C platter from Y rather than try and figure out what was edible in meal served.
Hoping this is what I was told would happen last year by food and beverage manager. Told end of year but, it is welcome now. Thank you AS.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Popped-Up Sacrifice Bunt

Counterpoint:

Lukewarm thickly breaded chicken breast with unnaturally soft texture covered in a chunky pinkish sauce that bore an uncanny resemblance to vomit.
AS #293 SJD-PDX
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pcoll
My heart actually skipped a beat when reading title.
FINALLY, decent food in F.
I am also one who has paid for F&C platter from Y rather than try and figure out what was edible in meal served.
Hoping this is what I was told would happen last year by food and beverage manager. Told end of year but, it is welcome now. Thank you AS.
Ummm, hate to burst anyone's bubble, but if this was the meal that has pears on the salad and a microscopic (single) chocolate cupcake, it's not a "new" meal....just another rotated in meal from a previous month.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:01 pm

Possible that the original poster had one too many woodford reserves???
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Mmmm....cod.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by mczlaw
Counterpoint:

Lukewarm thickly breaded chicken breast with unnaturally soft texture covered in a chunky pinkish sauce that bore an uncanny resemblance to vomit.
AS #293 SJD-PDX
Vomit is pink?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Calculon
Vomit is pink?
If you've never had pink vomit, we probably didn't attend the same college.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:28 am

Date of Flight: 2/21
Flight Number and Route flown: AS383 SFO-PDX
Time of Departure: 8:20 AM
Length of flight: 1:45
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottle of water
Meal served: Snack
Meal Description: Breakfast sandwich with fruit.

Name:  2017-02-21 09.19.16.jpg
Views: 1642
Size:  255.8 KB
Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by ASRobo

Keep it up!!
Is this the replacement for the ever SO vile cafe au lait chicken?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by lalala
Is this the replacement for the ever SO vile cafe au lait chicken?
temporary replacement likely...AS meals are on a rotating schedule (approximately quarterly), so just because (if) the cafe au lait chicken is gone, certainly doesn't mean it won't be back...

bon-a-petit!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:21 am

It is blackened chicken in the cafe au lait sauce...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.