Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:03 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
February 10, AS472 SEA-LAX, dep 2:45pm:

Sandwich with turkey/pastrami(?), green beans, and a cookie. Content of sandwich could not readily be identified, seemed to be turkey and some other deli meat.

February 25, AS511 LAX-SEA, dep 3pm:

Chicken Salad with bread and cookie. It may not look like much, but it was far tastier than the sandwich.

Last edited by gba; Mar 5, 2017 at 10:58 pm
Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Feb 28, SFO/SEA, 10 am departure...fruit and cheese plate...yes, the exact same one you can buy in Y, taken out of the package and put on a plate...
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
March 4, SMF-SEA, 1140 departure
chicken salad

Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
3/4/17

SEA-PHX AS656

PDB: Water bottle (given after door closed but prior to departure)

Hot towel service followed by biscoff / Beverage

Mixed green salad w/ Caesar dressing

Ravioli w/ Marinara & a breadstick.

Brownie for desert.

Good, attentive but non intrusive service from a good crew.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
A bit behind... but for the record

1/21: AS486 LAX-HAV 8:50
FC: H2O passed out after boarding; warm towels after 10K. Breakfast brought on tray with everything: fruit plate, bacon quiche with grilled veg, scone. That's it other than a couple passes through for drink refills.

1/29: AS287 HAV-LAX 17:55
FC: H2O at seat; Warm nuts with first drink service. Served all at same time: salad & roll, fish dish (pasta was the other option); cheesecake thingie. No other food served.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:45 pm

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
3/4: AS754 SEA-RDU 8:30
FC: H2O at seat; coffee/juice offered before departure. Hot towels after 10K. Fruit plate on rectangle plate with four squares of fruit: one each pineapple, watermelon, green melon and cantaloupe. Fruit served with blueberry muffin. Cheese and green onion omelet with sides of fingerling potatoes and grilled cherry tom is quite good. Other option is steel cut oatmeal with yogurt, dried apricots and pecans. Warm nuts and snack basket before landing.

3/4: AS727 RDU-SEA 17:25
FC: H2O at seat; Hot towels after 10K. Warm nuts with drink service. Caesar salad with sun-dried toms, bacon and parm served with brown roll and butter. Pasta with pesto and toms. Other option was chicken with red cabbage and spaetzle. Dessert is the largest brownie I've ever had with a dollop of whipped cream. Brownie served cold, but would have been better warmed. Snack basket passed around before landing.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by the42ndstate
3/4: AS754 SEA-RDU 8:30

3/4: AS727 RDU-SEA 17:25
FC: H2O at seat; Hot towels after 10K. Warm nuts with drink service. Caesar salad with sun-dried toms, bacon and parm served with brown roll and butter. Pasta with pesto and toms. Other option was chicken with red cabbage and spaetzle. Dessert is the largest brownie I've ever had with a dollop of whipped cream. Brownie served cold, but would have been better warmed. Snack basket passed around before landing.
Same menu served from IAD-SEA (evening departure)

Brownie definitely needed to be warmed. My pasta was served with lima beans. WHY?

So sad and the whole thing was an oily mess.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 1:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
A pretty sad looking breakfast sandwich on this morning's 0855 SEA-SMF.

Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:12 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Many of you have reported that many of the images in this thread have stopped working. We took a look at this and unfortunately the users who had shared these images either disabled the sharing, deleted the images or changed the link. In this case there is nothing we can do. If you have uploaded images and you think that there is still something wrong on the FT end please RBP that specific post with a message to me and we will look further.

Thanks!

Ryandc99, Moderator, Alaska Airlines

Last edited by ryandc99; Mar 7, 2017 at 8:55 pm
Old Mar 7, 2017, 10:47 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
Originally Posted by tom911
A pretty sad looking breakfast sandwich on this morning's 0855 SEA-SMF.

Had same on AS 342 Seattle / Oakland 6:10 am departure 3/6/17. Served with small fruit plate and dry warm napkin, felt like light duty paper towel). FA forgot to add water? Cheese and eggs very tasty, didn't eat bread. Probably filling if u eat bread, but I don't, so left me little under satisfied.

As info, AS 100 redeye ANC to SEA departing at 12:05 am, no food served, just 1 serving of warmed nuts. Blankets take place of meals on catering carts? I think Delta serves a snack on their redeye flights...?
Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Date of Flight: February 27th, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 184 FAI-SEA
Time of Departure: 5:50pm
Length of flight: 3:10
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled water at seat
Meal served: Dinner
Meal Description: The meal was described by the FA as beef in a garlic gravy with carrots and potatoes.

Additional Comments: I had this same meal earlier in the month and provide this photo only to show that not all meals are prepared the same. This one was sorely lacking in that delicious gravy. The meat was still flavorful however, and overall this remains one of my favorite mid-con meals.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Date of Flight: March 4th, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 677 DEN-SEA
Time of Departure: 2:45pm
Length of flight: 2:20
Meal served: Luncheon
Meal Description: The meal was described by the FA as a risotto with asparagus and a bread roll. He apologized that no meat was included. No worries, I don't mind the occasional vegetarian fare.

Additional Comments: The above description pretty much sums it up. The risotto was not particularly flavorful and the asparagus lent its distinctive tang to the scent of my urine for the rest of the day. Overall, I'd rate this meal as ... okay.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 8, 2017, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Date of Flight: March 5th, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 754 SEA-RDU
Time of Departure: 8:30am
Length of flight: 4:20
Meal served: Breakfast
Meal Description: Per the menu:

Fruit Plate
Warm Fresh Pastries

Pepper Jack Cheese and Scallion Omelet
Applewood smoked bacon
Roasted marbled Yukon potatoes

~ or ~

Qu'oats Quinoa Steel Cut Oats Hot Cereal
Dried apricots and pecans
Plain Greek yogurt with honey

Additional Comments: The fruit plate was served in one of last year's tapas style dishes. Maybe catering ran out of plates. Let's hope so. I thought the portion was paltry and the presentation poor.

As for the oatmeal, I'll bet there are a few granola heads who'll love the addition of this entree. While I think it's a nice meal, I also think it's an unsuitable entree for a 4.5 hour transcon flight. But that's just me. Who knows, it may be exactly what some people have been writing to Alaska Cares to have added to the menu.

So of course I ordered the omelet. It was every bit as delicious as it looked and the bacon was also exceptional. Overall, a good breakfast with excellent service from our FA.
Attached Images   

Last edited by Seat 2A; Mar 8, 2017 at 7:41 pm
Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Date of Flight: March 4th, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 677 DEN-SEA
Time of Departure: 2:45pm
Length of flight: 2:20
Meal served: Luncheon
Meal Description: The meal was described by the FA as a risotto with asparagus and a bread roll. He apologized that no meat was included. No worries, I don't mind the occasional vegetarian fare.

Additional Comments: The above description pretty much sums it up. The risotto was not particularly flavorful and the asparagus lent its distinctive tang to the scent of my urine for the rest of the day. Overall, I'd rate this meal as ... okay.
Perfect timing: we're on AS677 DEN-SEA this Saturday. Not wild about risotto/asparagus but I guess we've been warned!
Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Seat 2A

As for the oatmeal, I'll bet there are a few granola heads who'll love the addition of this entree. While I think it's a nice meal, I also think it's an unsuitable entree for a 4.5 hour transcon flight. But that's just me. Who knows, it may be exactly what some people have been writing to Alaska Cares to have added to the menu.
Did you see the granola offering? Was it the same paltry portion size as the one they serve on west coast short hops? I really enjoy it on those short flights but I agree for a transcon it would not be appropriate at all unless backed up with a bread basket, a more sizable fruit side, the yogurt, and maybe even something else like bacon or sausage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.