Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:52 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

It's kinda rich how vegetarians complain about the lack of vegetarian option, then complain about the vegetarian option when it's offered.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
It's kinda rich how vegetarians complain about the lack of vegetarian option, then complain about the vegetarian option when it's offered.
Are the vegetarians the one complaining? Or is it the meat eaters that get "stuck" with the vegetarian option or wanting to try something new, that are complaining?

I know I would be much happier (ok, well less annoyed) that it was something I could eat even if I didn't want to eat it compared with zero options. But again, just me.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 5:44 pm

Programs: AS
3-23. SEA/SLC. 9;50AM DEPARTURE
Fruit and Cheese plate , on a plate.
Very happy with this option for such a short flight. ( I do live my F & C, as you all know by now)
Mentioned to FA that this was a great choice as I did not have to request one from Y and pay. She agreed that F should be able to get a meal that works and hopes AS goes back to the policy of not charging for Y swap.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by beckoa

I did not realize the rice had fungus in it
I didn't recall that or the tomato from the previous time I'd had it. The mushroom piece was one fairly small square so unless allergic or extremely averse, pretty easy to avoid.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by mbluecpa
3/21 PSP-SEA 345p departure: creamy rice with asparagus, portobello, and sun dried tomato. Sides were a salad, breadstick, and brownie.
Still can't believe they served this exact same "meal" on ORD-SEA.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
3/22/17 CHS-SEA 5:18 pm

Appetizer: Fried green tomato, bacon cream cheese and balsamic glaze

Entrees:
Grilled mango chicken, Carolina Gold rice, broccoli
Pulled pork w/Carolina Gold bbq sauce, Southern style green beans w/bacon, mac-n-cheese

Dessert: Bourbon bread pudding

We both had the pulled pork. Spicy but nicely done.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
3/22/17 CHS-SEA 5:18 pm

Appetizer: Fried green tomato, bacon cream cheese and balsamic glaze

Entrees:
Grilled mango chicken, Carolina Gold rice, broccoli
Pulled pork w/Carolina Gold bbq sauce, Southern style green beans w/bacon, mac-n-cheese

Dessert: Bourbon bread pudding

We both had the pulled pork. Spicy but nicely done.
Yummy! Once again, the CHS (and KOA?) meals are far above the rest of the system. Dump Tom Douglas and the fake foo-foo "Northwest insipid" plating and go for this.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Yummy! Once again, the CHS (and KOA?) meals are far above the rest of the system. Dump Tom Douglas and the fake foo-foo "Northwest insipid" plating and go for this.
+1
Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
If the meals ex-CHS are somewhat like that, I need to book a MR to CHS. Haha
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
If the meals ex-CHS are somewhat like that, I need to book a MR to CHS. Haha
The meals from CHS-SEA are AMAZING! Especially like the green beans with the bacon....yum.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
On today's 0630 SJC-EWR 737-900 flight in F, choice of pepper jack and scallion omelet or Qu'oats quinoa steel cut oats hot cereal, both with a fruit plate with a warm pastry.

Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
On today's 1605 EWR-SJC 737-900 flight in F, choice of Butter Chicken or Beef Provencal with a Farro salad with shiitake mushrooms and red peppers.

Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: AA Plat-2MM, Marriott Plat, former VX Gold forever
A snack on a 3 hour 50 min flight at dinner time...seriously?

Decided to give AS F a try for my fall PVR vacation and I'm regretting it already. VX serves dinner on the 5:40PM PVR-SFO but the 4:20PM AS flight with a 6:10PM arrival is shown on the flight schedule as only serving a snack...is this an error? Unfortunately I only found this out after booking and then reading here how to find out what the meal service will be. The app displayed "Food for purchase" on my reservation which I knew was wrong.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by mmaster737
Decided to give AS F a try for my fall PVR vacation and I'm regretting it already. VX serves dinner on the 5:40PM PVR-SFO but the 4:20PM AS flight with a 6:10PM arrival is shown on the flight schedule as only serving a snack...is this an error? Unfortunately I only found this out after booking and then reading here how to find out what the meal service will be. The app displayed "Food for purchase" on my reservation which I knew was wrong.
I think it says snack but it's usually a dinner type of meal. Typically a salad and some sort of entree. In the past, they've offered a pasta entree or beef or chicken with a starch and veggie. I can't say what the fall will bring but it seems as though Alaska is moving towards trying to up the catering ante to a nicer product. Hopefully you will see this.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:37 pm

sea-las last night. braised beef short rib on shell pasta with shaved parmesan. broccolini. small side salad. wheat roll. small dessert (can't remember what it was).

not too bad, could've been a bit more beef but we were happy overall.

Last edited by ahcjar103; Mar 28, 2017 at 12:50 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.