Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: Alaska. AA, Kris, QFF, Lifemiles, BA+
Originally Posted by dayone
Only if two days ago is "the past."
Sob.......
It's back???/
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
Date of Flight: 4/16/17
Flight Number and Route flown: 401, DEN-SEA
Time of Departure: 8:25P
Length of flight: 2:51
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Water bottle
Meal served: Two cookies (Snack, I presume? Updated 4/17: Incorrect presumption, according to below it was a No Meal flight)
Meal Description: Two cookies, one chocolate one peanut butter, both warm

Hadn't had dinner before departure so ended up buying a deli pack and setting a new personal best for number of pretzel bags consumed in a single flight. Seatmate bought a fruit and cheese platter left over from the SEA-DEN leg.

Last edited by RaginPlainsman; Apr 17, 2017 at 6:51 pm
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: MP MVP Gold; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Silver;
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
AS39 will be a single hot breakfast offering with a side of fruit or similar. A snack basket may or may not be available later in the flight.

AS332 will be a 'snack' flight, but this will be either a half a sandwich type offering, or an entree type salad. If you're used to eating a bigger lunch, you should buy something in Seattle and bring it with you.

If you are in paid or award F, you can access the AS Lounge in SEA and there you can get pancakes off the pancake printer as well as a few other food options.
Right on the money. MSP-SEA was sausage and scrambled eggs with a fruit plate. SEA-SJC was a salad and roasted veg. Ended up in the main terminal at SEA and bought food there based on your input.

Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by RaginPlainsman
Date of Flight: 4/16/17
Flight Number and Route flown: 401, DEN-SEA
Time of Departure: 8:25P
Length of flight: 2:51
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Water bottle
Meal served: Two cookies (Snack, I presume?)
If you check the official "meal" listing for that route on the AS website (instructions are in the Wiki at the top of the thread), you'll see that there is no meal service or snack offered on the 8:25 PM DEN-SEA route. Warm cookies are the consolation prize for flying in F.

The evening "snack" on AS is served on routes with departure times that would typically be associated with dinner time, but vary from route to route, depending on flight duration. It's listed in on the AS list as "S." That "snack" is usually more like an actual dinner with a warm entree, side salad and dessert - often more substantial than the "L" lunch.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
If you check the official "meal" listing for that route on the AS website (instructions are in the Wiki at the top of the thread), you'll see that there is no meal service or snack offered on the 8:25 PM DEN-SEA route. Warm cookies are the consolation prize for flying in F.

The evening "snack" on AS is served on routes with departure times that would typically be associated with dinner time, but vary from route to route, depending on flight duration. It's listed in on the AS list as "S." That "snack" is usually more like an actual dinner with a warm entree, side salad and dessert - often more substantial than the "L" lunch.
Some late night non-meal flights have the warm nuts instead of cookies....too bad we can't have both I haven't figured out if it's random or if there is actually some rhyme or reason that determines whether it is a cookie or nuts flight...my late night LAX-PDX flight last month had the warm nuts.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by crenshaw
I flew the same flight last Saturday, chose the cod -- which was fine. One thing I thought was weird: they gave us Biscoff with our pre-dinner drinks (at 7PM?) and then brought us the warm nuts just before landing (when I typically get a coffee).
The curry on the rice without the cod is surprisingly tasty.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AKCuisine

Good to know, thanks. Have updated the post.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
4/14 SEA-LAS 9:40am departure

Choice of:
Scrambled eggs with oregano chicken hash
Granola and yogurt

Both choices served with fruit plate
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by mbluecpa
4/14 SEA-LAS 9:40am departure

Choice of:
Scrambled eggs with oregano chicken hash
Granola and yogurt

Both choices served with fruit plate
Strange that SEA-LAS offers two options, while many longer mid-con flights offer only one.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Strange that SEA-LAS offers two options, while many longer mid-con flights offer only one.
I totally agree. Whether by error or design, I've had breakfast flights on SEA-ORD with no second option.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
4/17 PDX-LAX 3:50pm Departure 73G

Bahn Mi sandwich with prepackaged lemon square.

Honestly, the Bahn mi was pretty good. The chicken was hot and moist, and the bread nice and crispy. The side fixings included shredded carrots, sliced jalapeños and cilantro. If I had to find a downside it could have used a little more sauce. AS falls down by not pairing with a salad or having a snack basket. I still think the portions are a bit too small.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:20 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Bahn Mi sandwich with prepackaged lemon square.

Honestly, the Bahn mi was pretty good.
I think it's one of the best lunch options.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: alaska airlines
PDX - HNL n/s morning route

Originally Posted by Rifleman69
Anyone have updates on PDX - HNL morning route (flying NEXT Friday).
We're flying this route tomorrow? What did they serve? Anything for vegetarians? I'm vegetarian and pregnant so I want to plan ahead in case they don't have anything for me.

Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2017, 12:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
On the 4/18 0630 SJC-EWR, in first class, a mushroom and fontina cheese quiche (other option was steel cut oats hot cereal):

Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
On the 4/18 0630 SJC-EWR, in first class, a mushroom and fontina cheese quiche (other option was steel cut oats hot cereal):
Such a generous portion for a 5 hr flight!

I hope they came around with the snack basket later on...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.