Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by apodo77
You're supposed to pay for it but that is up to the FA is my understanding.
Alaska is great about empowering front line employees to make things right when they go wrong... depending on the severity of a situation. Some things just can't be handled in the moment and would require Customer Care to become involved. That said, the policy for food from Coach in First Class is that the customer is supposed to pay for it. Some FA's choose not to ask for payment because they don't want to have that conversation. A lack of accountability for on board sales allows this to happen more freely.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
That said, the policy for food from Coach in First Class is that the customer is supposed to pay for it. Some FA's choose not to ask for payment because they don't want to have that conversation.
When I've asked for something from coach (F&C or an entree), I say I'll pay for it and have my card ready when it's brought. Even so, on a number of occasions, the FA has declined to charge me.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
If I don't like either selection (on a transcon) can I still request a burger from E, without charge? I remember a discussion about this a year ago, but don't remember the outcome. Thanks!
I can't remember the last time I was on an AS flight when they had a burger for sale in Y so it may be a moot point.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 11:27 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Still offered in select markets.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:07 pm

Continuing the string of strange meals...

6/11 - PDX-BUR. Dinner was mushroom ravioli, but served in the warming container and not plated. Even weirder was that there were some cooked vegetables on the plate next to the warming container, but they were cold. I'm not sure if this is a SkyWest thing, but lately they haven't been plating the dishes, instead serving them in the containers, so they seem a bit like eating a Lean Cuisine out of the microwave.

Last edited by Buster; Jun 12, 2017 at 3:08 pm Reason: clarity
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Buster
Continuing the string of strange meals...

6/11 - PDX-BUR. Dinner was mushroom ravioli, but served in the warming container and not plated. Even weirder was that there were some cooked vegetables on the plate next to the warming container, but they were cold. I'm not sure if this is a SkyWest thing, but lately they haven't been plating the dishes, instead serving them in the containers, so they seem a bit like eating a Lean Cuisine out of the microwave.
Unless, for some reason, they weren't provided plates (which mistakenly happens sometimes), they should always be plating meals. Send a note to Alaska Listens please.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Mushrooms should not be allowed on aircraft.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
I second this
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
I second this
I'll take mushrooms any day over polenta, spinach, or kale
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:36 pm

SEA-LAS 9:29am departure - had a choice of the Oats (which was exactly the same plate and all accompaniments as the transcon version from my flight two weeks ago, sans danish), and the Mushroom Quiche. However, from looking around, the only sides with the quiche was a small salad, which made no sense for breakfast. I'll gladly take two options on a quick west coast route, even if it doesn't make sense.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Date of Flight: 6/11
Flight Number and Route flown: 767 BWI-SEA
Time of Departure: 6:44 pm
Meal served: Dinner
Meal Description:

Sorry, I forgot to take a pic of the salad.

Roasted chicken entrée

Pasta entrée

Dessert

They forgot to give us our warm nuts. We were disappointed.

Sorry about the delay in posting. I could figure out how to insert pics from my iPad, so I had to wait until my computer was available.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Date of Flight: 6/12
Flight Number and Route flown: 75 SEA-JNU
Time of Departure: ~11:35 am (delayed)
Meal served: Lunch
Meal Description:

Salad with Caesar dressing, Gnocchi with chicken sausage, roll and a Chocolate Chunk Cookie.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
probably my most sloppy post here, but was traveling a bit too much.

13Jun ASA 96. ANC-SEA 130AM departure, delayed to 200AM.
water bottles out
No food- some announcement by the captain about a quick turn & didnt want to wait for catering (inbound got in at 105am, go figure).
Was given a biscoff and drink

13Jun ASA 38 SEA-FLL 855AM departure
water bottle given after boarding
no menus loaded, FA - Patty spoke to entire group after pushback. Said the options were "12" omelettes with pototoes & something else or oatmeal with quinoa.

I was in Row 4 and assumed I wouldnt end up with the main option, I was correct.

Seatmate wasnt thrilled with quinoa & fa offered the egg bowl from the back. I was the same and instead got a fruit & cheese platter from the back.

The "new" fruit offering on a tray with warm blueberry muffin came out. The look and feel was Virgin America- 4 small chunks of fruit with berries.

I wanted to sleep and she cleared my tray, and I put the fruit & cheese plate away for later consumption.

Also noticed Patty wrapped the F/Y curtain into our headbacks a bit to keep a more private feel in the cabin, as well as keeping the curtain closed the entire flight.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by beckoa
Forgive my ignorance but why?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Akck
Date of Flight: 6/12
Flight Number and Route flown: 75 SEA-JNU
Time of Departure: ~11:35 am (delayed)
Meal served: Lunch
Meal Description:

Salad with Caesar dressing, Gnocchi with chicken sausage, roll and a Chocolate Chunk Cookie.
Same meal on AS 617 LAX-SEA yesterday. Not bad but a bit dry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.