Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
To eah their own but I couldn't fathom eating 1/2 a roasted tomato for breakfast.
The fritata looks good.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by apodo77
To eah their own but I couldn't fathom eating 1/2 a roasted tomato for breakfast.
The fritata looks good.
The roasted tomato is a very common item in Europe and Australasia and I quite like them with w dash of salt & pepper. They are normally served cut side up. But, as you say, to each his own.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:47 pm

AS 440
Seattle to LAX
Lv10:15am Arr1256

"Snack"
Cheese and fruit plate

Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Not another fungus
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:18 am

Date of Flight: June 28th, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: 65 JNU-ANC
Time of Departure: 1:25 PM (actual time was 8:30 PM)
Length of flight: 95 minutes
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled water. But... We left the gate about 6:30 PM after plane was late arriving from PSG due to mechanical problems. Got to the runway and immediately turned around and returned to the gate for a flap problem. So, back at the gate, half the pax deplaned hoping to hop one of the other flights to ANC. First was then served beverages which I took a Jack on the rocks. Some opted to have their "snack" but I waited as I just ate a salad with my meal voucher. So after another almost 2 hour delay, we took off.
Meal served: Snack
Meal Description: The snack was some slices of pastrami, kinda a greek/med salad with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and olives along with some bread and mustard spread. And a piece of chocolate
Additional Notes: This was my first flight with Alaska after status matching from AAdvantage Gold. I was quite impressed with the service, even on such a short route. I've been on 3 hour plus flights First class on American and United and got nothing, besides drinks. This was an upgrade.
actually not my first flight on Alaska but first time in the first class cabin and as a Mileage Plan member. As I'm probably moving to Alaska in the near future, it made since to switch. I was getting my miles on American but that program is junk now. Hope mileage plan stays a miles plan!

Last edited by trektheusa; Jul 8, 2017 at 9:48 am
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:32 am

Date of Flight: July 13th
Flight Number and Route flown: 136 ANC-SEA / 774 SEA-AUS
Time of Departure: 1:50 AM / 11:20 PM
Length of flight: Both were a little over 3 hours
Class of service: First
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Bottled Water on both flights
Meal served: Nothing / Snack
Meal Description: Already knew there would be nothing on the ANC-SEA flight but nothing did include warmed nuts and ended up having two Jack on the rocks before falling asleep. Hot towel service before landing. On the SEA-AUS, hot towel service before the snack which was a small spring salad and a small quiche of some sort. Wasn't starving so this was a fine snack for me. Enjoyed a few glasses of a Washington Chardonnay wine.

Additional Comments: Second flight with Alaska after getting MVP status matched. Had to buy this ticket at the last minute, like two hours before departure so got upgraded.
3 upgrades for 3 flights so far!
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
A rare unicorn PDB (even if it was due to mechanical), cabin and & service upgrades. Nice ^

Welcome to FT! And Alaska!
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel
A rare unicorn PDB (even if it was due to mechanical), cabin and & service upgrades. Nice ^

Welcome to FT! And Alaska!
Thanks. I look forward to flying Alaska Airlines more!
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:17 am

This morning, July 10, PDX-BUR, AS 3456. Breakfast was broccoli and feta frittata with a fruit plate, served Skywest-style, or in the warming tray. It was actually kind of ridiculous - the fruit plate sat on top of another plate, and then the tray was placed next to both of them. Also, weirdly, we had Delta branded cutlery.

The frittata itself was fine, if a little plain.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
What a pathetic meal for almost 2+ hours premium segment SEA - LAX flight!
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by bdhaliwa
What a pathetic meal for almost 2+ hours premium segment SEA - LAX flight!
which meal are you referring to? And on what flight?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: AS G75K
7/10/17
SEA-SNA
12:05 Departure

PDB: Waters handed out just before door closure. Drink orders taken while on the ground!!

Meal: Turkey & Brie sandwich with caramelized onions and cranberry relish. Served with a red cabbage slaw, bag of Tim's chips and a lemon square. Everything was surprisingly good and refreshing. The sandwich bread was buttered and toasted and came off almost as Texas toast. Red cabbage slaw was good but will not be everybody's cup of tea. Top marks for this light lunch!

Also received the whole can of Coke Zero which is a nice bonus considering how fast I down those little glasses of it.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:20 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by 3ur0tr45h
Drink orders taken while on the ground!!
^^^ This should be SOP.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
9 July 2017 - SEA - JNU AS71

We boarded twice - had to deplane as they thought they were going to swap out the plane after an hour delay. Ops got our plane mixed up with the SNA flight next door.

PDB - water

FA's were good, wearing the new t shirts. I wasn't provided a menu (and was super tired & didn't take a pic); but the lunch was a salad with quinoa, pecans, some type of cheese, and 3 chicken chunks on the side. Served with fruit I think and the brownie, side of caesar salad.

My neighbor was the sister of Delta's Richard Anderson. I don't want to say much more about our conversation, but she really likes Alaska and apparently Dick flew up on the 2pm flight to Juneau on *Alaska*. Nice lady & family.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
9 July 2017 - SEA - JNU AS71

We boarded twice - had to deplane as they thought they were going to swap out the plane after an hour delay. Ops got our plane mixed up with the SNA flight next door.

PDB - water

FA's were good, wearing the new t shirts. I wasn't provided a menu (and was super tired & didn't take a pic); but the lunch was a salad with quinoa, pecans, some type of cheese, and 3 chicken chunks on the side. Served with fruit I think and the brownie, side of caesar salad.

My neighbor was the sister of Delta's Richard Anderson. I don't want to say much more about our conversation, but she really likes Alaska and apparently Dick flew up on the 2pm flight to Juneau on *Alaska*. Nice lady & family.
Damn... and I was *that* close to flying down to JNU for the night last night...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.