Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kurt
I did put them on - they weren't very hot I guess I like hot things!
I like jalapenos too, just not raw...generally on sandwiches and pizza, they're pickled.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Flight/Route: AS682/SEA-DEN/Jan. 29, 2017
Aircraft/Tail/Seat: 737-900/N477AS/2C
Departure Time/Duration/Meal: 2:05 p.m./2:30/Lunch

Tortellini again, this time a multi-colored variety. It was mushier then the DEN-SEA version, though, and I didn't enjoy it quite as much......

Which is why it's referred to as "The Costco Pasta Thing" so people don't confuse it with a more general article.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
You're gonna need more water than that if you put those jalapenos on that sandwich...yikes!
The Bahn Mi sandwich was also served today between Portland and Anchorage on AS 131, the 9:40am departure. Now me, I love raw jalapeños so when I noticed that seatmate chose not to eat his, I was only too happy to relieve him of them and add them to my own along with the cucumbers and two packets of Grey Poupon mustard (I always carry my own).

I didn't find the resulting sandwich to be overly hot so much as eminently flavorful. Estaba muy sabroso!
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
The Bahn Mi sandwich was also served today between Portland and Anchorage on AS 131, the 9:40am departure. Now me, I love raw jalapeños so when I noticed that seatmate chose not to eat his, I was only too happy to relieve him of them and add them to my own along with the cucumbers and two packets of Grey Poupon mustard (I always carry my own).

I didn't find the resulting sandwich to be overly hot so much as eminently flavorful. Estaba muy sabroso!
I would have wanted to swap out the cucumbers and carrots for lettuce and tomatoes.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:05 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes and sausages. The Tabasco sauce was my addition. Served with a side of fruit.
Did those strawberries have any flavor??
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Lol...they didn't look very ripe...no breakfast bread?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
They weren't bad. The other option was a cold breakfast plate with granola/milk, yogurt and the same fruit bowl.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Flight/Route: AS673/DEN-SEA/Jan. 28, 2017
Aircraft/Tail/Seat: 737-800/N529AS/2C
Departure Time/Duration/Meal: 11:15 a.m./2:56/Lunch

First time I've had the tortellini; I liked it! Served with a salad, breadstick and a lemon square. Note the unusual wine glass; not sure where that style came from.
Chester says...have a little basil with that tortellini why don't you...
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
1/27 PHX-PDX 7a departure: usual west coast breakfast choice of granola and fruit or something with eggs. As usual, I didn't eat it. No breakfast bread on anyone's tray.

1/30 SAN-MCO 1010a departure: Great service from a SEA based crew. Same menu as Seat 2A posted above (we even had plates!), but I'll fill in the blanks.

Salad with pears & cheese and walnuts.

Choice of chicken and gravy with mashed potatoes and creamed spinach or cod with something else.

Dessert was some minuscule cupcake that tasted like it came from Safeway and was about a week old.

I don't do AS transcons very much, but when I did this flight last year the dessert was a cheesecake in a jar. Not sure when that got changed.

Another aside: Gogo didn't work much during either of my recent AS flights. On the PHX-PDX flight all entertainment was inop, and on SAN-MCO it took me 25 minutes to load Google.

The salad was - by my tastes - bad. The potato wedges had been marinated in something but tasted raw and strange. One bite of that was enough.
Those "potatoes" on your salad were pears...
Old Feb 2, 2017, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by tusphotog
1/27 PHX-PDX 7a departure: usual west coast breakfast choice of granola and fruit or something with eggs. As usual, I didn't eat it. No breakfast bread on anyone's tray.

1/30 SAN-MCO 1010a departure: Great service from a SEA based crew. Same menu as Seat 2A posted above (we even had plates!), but I'll fill in the blanks.

Salad with pears & cheese and walnuts.

Choice of chicken and gravy with mashed potatoes and creamed spinach or cod with something else.

Dessert was some minuscule cupcake that tasted like it came from Safeway and was about a week old.

I don't do AS transcons very much, but when I did this flight last year the dessert was a cheesecake in a jar. Not sure when that got changed.

Another aside: Gogo didn't work much during either of my recent AS flights. On the PHX-PDX flight all entertainment was inop, and on SAN-MCO it took me 25 minutes to load Google.

Those "potatoes" on your salad were pears...

Yes -- very UNRIPE pears will do that... and affect your digestive system, alas!
Old Feb 2, 2017, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
By the way, for those of you who don't get upgraded and get left behind in Premium Economy, here are a couple shots of the complimentary snack offerings:
Attached Images   
Old Feb 2, 2017, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
By the way, for those of you who don't get upgraded and get left behind in Premium Economy, here are a couple shots of the complimentary laughable snack offerings:
fixed it for you
Old Feb 2, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
fixed it for you
I suppose it's a waste of space to hive this off to a "What will Alaska be serving in PC on your flight?" thread. Spoiler warning: not much.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suppose it's a waste of space to hive this off to a "What will Alaska be serving in PC on your flight?" thread. Spoiler warning: not much.
I just wonder when someone is going to post the Cheez its snacks on QX
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I just wonder when someone is going to post the Cheez its snacks on QX
Already mentioned a bit here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...-services.html

A couple of thumbs up (including mine) so far. I certainly enjoyed it more than the lemon bar dessert on my last AS flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.