Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat 2A
How to find out what the meal service will be for a specific Alaska Air flight:
1) On the website, use the "Explore" tab and select "Flight Schedules" from the left-hand side of the drop-down menu.

2) Plug in your city-pair and your week of travel, and the site will pull up all of the Alaska Air flights for that week.

3) Find your flight number on the list. From there you can see what's offered for the meal service. There are two columns corresponding to first class and coach.
A) In first class the codes are (B-breakfast; L-lunch; D-dinner; S-snack).

B) For coach the section may be blank (meaning beverage service and for-purchase cold snack-packs). Or it may show "F" or "F,F" to indicate there are other items for purchase on longer routes like a cheese plate, or in some cases the Beecher's breakfast sandwich or one of the Tom Douglas items.

What *specifically* is offered in first class for B, L, D, or S is the source of much discussion in this thread.
Sometimes a S (snack) will seem more substantial than what's offered as L (lunch). That's where searching this thread can be of assistance.

As near as I can tell for the coach section:
Blank = snack packs only;
"F" = snack packs and cheese plates offered;
"F,F" = snack packs, cheese plate, plus one other item on offer.
Please feel free to edit if that assumption is not correct.

For anyone desiring a more structured or organized submission, here is a template (You'll need to add a / before the last bracketed B as in [/b]):

[B]Date of Flight[B]:
[B]Flight Number and Route flown[B]:
[B]Time of Departure[B]:
[B]Length of flight[B]:
[B]Class of service[B]:
[B]Pre-Departure Beverage service[B]:
[B]Meal served[B]:
[B]Meal Description[B]: .

[B]Additional Comments[B]:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2017, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Date of Flight: November 11, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 654 DEN-SEA
Time of Departure: 1:54pm
Length of flight: 2:30
Class of service: First
Meal served: Luncheon
Meal Description: Turkey & Cheese Sandwich w/ Coleslaw & Chips

Additional Comments: This flight could easily have offered only a snack, so I wasn't unhappy to hear luncheon would be offered. That said, the sandwich didn't have much turkey and in fact, one half had just a small 1" X 2" sliver and a bit of cheese. A bit of sloppy work by the flight kitchen, me thinks. Otherwise, it tasted okay with the addition of some Grey Poupon which I supplied on my own. The slaw was a nice addition IMO.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Seat 2A; Nov 12, 2017 at 11:06 am
Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Date of Flight: November 4, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 64 KTN-SEA
Time of Departure: 5:44pm
Length of flight: 1:40
Meal served: Dinner
Meal Description: What do you call this? Mexican Beef? Fajita Plate? It's a portion of mildly seasoned beef served with a cold corn and black bean salad. The tortilla was stuck together as folded.
pretty much the same as I had LAX-SEA a couple months earlier (see Post #706 upthread)

we’re doing SEA-IAD next Sun; pre-order menu has the same entrees as were offered on our BWI-SEA in mid Sep (see Post #736, photos around #700) ... decidedly ordinary offerings
Old Nov 12, 2017, 12:29 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Date of Flight: November 11, 2017
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 654 DEN-SEA
Time of Departure: 1:54pm
Length of flight: 2:30
Meal served: Luncheon
Meal Description: Turkey & Cheese Sandwich w/ Coleslaw & Chips

Additional Comments: This flight could easily be offered only a snack, so I wasn't unhappy to hear luncheon would be offered. That said, the sandwich didn't have much turkey and in fact, one half had just a small 1" X 2" sliver and a bit of cheese. A bit of sloppy work by the flight kitchen, me thinks. Otherwise, it tasted okay with the addition of some Grey Poupon which I supplied on my own. The slaw was a nice addition IMO.
I know you also said you "supplied your own" hot sauce above...do you carry around an array of condiments with you? Do you stick them in your bag with your deodorant and toothpaste when you go through security?

Last edited by Eujeanie; Nov 12, 2017 at 12:34 am
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
You also said you "supplied your own" hot sauce above...do you carry around an array of condiments with you? Do you stick them in your bag with your deodorant and toothpaste when you go through security?
Yep. I put a few in a ziploc type sandwich bag that I carry in my daypack - typically I include a few sachets of:

• Grey Poupon
  • Cholula Hot Sauce
  • Tabasco Sauce
  • Horseradish Sauce
  • Hot Chinese Mustard
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Parmesan Cheese
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Yep. I put a few in a ziploc type sandwich bag that I carry in my daypack - typically I include a few sachets of:

• Grey Poupon
  • Cholula Hot Sauce
  • Tabasco Sauce
  • Horseradish Sauce
  • Hot Chinese Mustard
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Parmesan Cheese
That's impressive....I might actually need to change my FT handle to Seat 2B
Old Nov 12, 2017, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah - the baggie takes up very little space and its contents do a nice job of spicing up everything from sandwiches to rice based foods to Bloody Marys. I also provide my own packets of Blue Diamond almonds - easily and inexpensively purchased at most any convenience store - because they make a much tastier accompaniment to cocktail hour than a couple of sugary Biscoff cookies.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:57 am

I had that sandwich on Friday, and although it's not the most filling, it's pretty tasty. Last night on PDX-BUR, we were offered something that was called "Spicy Chicken Salad" that was...not good. Some incredibly tough, almost inedible chicken on a green salad with cashews and two strips of mango, with a watered down vaguely Asian spicy dressing. I'll take that sandwich over the salad any day.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by philemer
I'm on AS30, pdx-bos, 0930 departure, in a couple weeks and it says it's a "lunch" flight. We'll see.
Last time I flew this is mid-October we got breakfast. It was a fairly filling egg dish, fruit and a pastry. Landed in Boston at 6p and starving though!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
Anyone know if anything is catered (nuts, cookies, fruit/cheese from the back) for the east coast red eyes? Have LAX-BWI tonight departing at 21:10 and have a tight connection. Hope to have time to pick up something before boarding.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by the42ndstate
Anyone know if anything is catered (nuts, cookies, fruit/cheese from the back) for the east coast red eyes? Have LAX-BWI tonight departing at 21:10 and have a tight connection. Hope to have time to pick up something before boarding.
I've been served cookies on late night LAX-SEA departures, so would be shocked if they didn't cater at least cookies/nuts/some sort of snack (but don't believe they offer a full meal service).
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
I've been served cookies on late night LAX-SEA departures, so would be shocked if they didn't cater at least cookies/nuts/some sort of snack (but don't believe they offer a full meal service).
I've gotten cookies as well on a 9:30 PM departure PDX - SFO. I have PDX - JFK on Thursday night and I'm hoping I'll get the same.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
This is what I've been served LAX-BWI about a year ago (it also shows up in post no. 2 from this thread):

Grilled chicken, squash "hummus," pita, lettuce and olives. Quite tasty and appropriate for late evening.

Originally Posted by the42ndstate
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K
Any idea what they serve for dinner on 4 hour Horizon Air flights (MCI-SFO)? I expect something cold. . .
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, AGR S+
Originally Posted by UALCASTRO
Any idea what they serve for dinner on 4 hour Horizon Air flights (MCI-SFO)? I expect something cold. . .
Fresh spinach, tomato and cucumber salad with Italian creamy dressing.
Green Curry Chicken, Jasmine Rice w/scallions.
Sweet Lemon Square.
Warm nuts.

QX E175s have ovens so warm meals aren't a problem.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
11/10
SEA-CHS, 7:45 am departure
verbally described "huevos rancheros" plate (no menus)
scrambled eggs, two small chorizo pieces, black beans, small tortilla strips, salsa, sour cream, with a side of fruit. No pastry. Nuts served before landing.
Sat in 2F; granola option was already sold out by the time my order was taken

11/12
CHS-SEA, 5:05pm departure
no menus; only one option available
chicken thigh with green beans and new potato slices. Side of garden salad served first. No roll. Dessert of two cookies. No snack basket.

Overall, this seemed like a scaled down transcon service with no menus, few choices, no roll/pastry in either direction, and no snack basket. Service was still excellent. The meals themselves were edible if not memorable. Not the worst or best IME.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.