Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 3:53 pm
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Good thing the government keeps these statistics, or we would have to believe your baseless statements
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tabl...ans01b-eng.htm

the load factors for the last two months were:
Feb.2015 - Air Canada: 81.9%, Westjet 84.3%
Mar.2015 - Air Canada: 84.0%, Westjet 81.3%
Well I suppose it might be, if this statistic weren't completely irrelevant.

Systemwide capacity is not a tangible indicator of profitability or success of an airline, nor a viable comparison when one has about triple the ASMs, nor when it ignores capacity growth (e.g. 80% of 1000 seats less than 75% of 2000 seats). Furthermore, 100% PLF is actually not what you want as it means you are spilling (selling seats for less than you might otherwise). Pretty sure any airline could fill to 100% at $1 fares.
Old May 24, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
Well I suppose it might be, if this statistic weren't completely irrelevant.

Systemwide capacity is not a tangible indicator of profitability or success of an airline, nor a viable comparison when one has about triple the ASMs, nor when it ignores capacity growth (e.g. 80% of 1000 seats less than 75% of 2000 seats). Furthermore, 100% PLF is actually not what you want as it means you are spilling (selling seats for less than you might otherwise). Pretty sure any airline could fill to 100% at $1 fares.
Never heard that term before.

Was expecting "maximizing producer surplus"!
Old May 24, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Furthermore, 100% PLF is actually not what you want as it means you are spilling (selling seats for less than you might otherwise). Pretty sure any airline could fill to 100% at $1 fares.
but

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Rates are based on loads. .
I am confused
Old May 24, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Pretty sure any airline could fill to 100% at $1 fares.
Yes, and it's not very sustainable. I just pulled up an old receipt I had from Jetsgo with their pay one way, return for $1 promo: YYZ-YVR round trip for $230.14 a/i for April 2004.

Also reminded me why I council my friends to never pay for an airline ticket on debit!
Old May 24, 2015, 9:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
but

I am confused
Very simple. You should understand the difference between system and flight loads. As seat fill up on a flight, cheaper seat sell out, causing the lowest price level seat to rise. This is very basic economic that you should understand.
Old May 25, 2015, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very simple. You should understand the difference between system and flight loads. As seat fill up on a flight, cheaper seat sell out, causing the lowest price level seat to rise. This is very basic economic that you should understand.
Spare me the economics lesson. I do that for a living.
Theory is great, but I am still waiting for you to provide an example of specific route loads between two (or more) competitors (you pick) to which your theory of rates being based on loads applies.

If you dont have a specific case, you are speculating, considering none of us actually knows how the revenue management algorithms work, I can speculate as much that rates are based on phases of the moon.
Old May 25, 2015, 8:34 am

Theory is great, but I am still waiting for you to provide an example of specific route loads between two (or more) competitors (you pick) to which your theory of rates being based on loads applies.

If you dont have a specific case, you are speculating, considering none of us actually knows how the revenue management algorithms work, I can speculate as much that rates are based on phases of the moon.
So, essentially, you adhere to the idea that RM are a bunch of monkeys throwing darts at charts until proved otherwise

If you do econ for a living, I don't understand why you need any explaining/proof for this price differential

What is it exactly that we are discussing here? Is it just a random Wpgjetse vs Rankourabu debate, or is there something that is actually not understood about why these prices are so different?
Old May 25, 2015, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
So, essentially, you adhere to the idea that RM are a bunch of monkeys throwing darts at charts until proved otherwise
No, I believe its much more complex than Rouge "rates are based on loads", and none of us have a clue what it is, unless we work in RM or have access to data.

Its like saying: price is based on demand alone.

It could be monkeys, we dont know that its not
Old May 25, 2015, 9:19 am

No, I believe its much more complex than Rouge "rates are based on loads", and none of us have a clue what it is, unless we work in RM or have access to data.

Its like saying: price is based on demand alone.

It could be monkeys, we dont know that its not
Don't forget. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Old May 25, 2015, 1:58 pm
Suspended

This is very easy. Pick a flight in the future and look at the cost of that flight. As you get closer to the date of the flight, keep checking. As the airline sells seats on that flight(load), the prices start to increase and some classes like tango sell out. Since this is your profession you should understand this better than most of us on FT.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is very easy. Pick a flight in the future and look at the cost of that flight. As you get closer to the date of the flight, keep checking. As the airline sells seats on that flight(load), the prices start to increase and some classes like tango sell out. Since this is your profession you should understand this better than most of us on FT.
Plenty of times ticket prices come down as time goes on.

What you are saying that if I want a flight for lets say Feb.2016, it will be cheapest today, and as the result of the airline selling more and more seats, prices will only go up from here, and it will never cost less than today.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Plenty of times ticket prices come down as time goes on.

What you are saying that if I want a flight for lets say Feb.2016, it will be cheapest today, and as the result of the airline selling more and more seats, prices will only go up from here, and it will never cost less than today.
It's very basic supple and demand. Sorry if you don't understand this but it is very simple. You should understand this now, since it us your job to under this theory.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's very basic supple and demand. Sorry if you don't understand this but it is very simple. You should understand this now, since it us your job to under this theory.
ok if you are going to stick to the theory that Rouge pricing is only affected by supply and demand/loads, and there are no other factors, I m just going to leave it at that.
Old May 25, 2015, 4:44 pm
Suspended

ok if you are going to stick to the theory that Rouge pricing is only affected by supply and demand/loads, and there are no other factors, I m just going to leave it at that.

Yes, there are other factors, but since you are in this line of work(economic), you should generally know them.
Old May 25, 2015, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
You seem to be the only one to have narrowed the goalposts to only supply and demand/loads.

Of course there are other factors likely including but not limited to:
  • competitive pricing
  • desire to create real or perceived "sales" on fares
  • predicted demand (e.g. why prices are often higher around Christmas even if few seats are sold)
  • significant deviations from predicted demand
  • cost

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.