Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Two fins have this now.

There are currently two more in the oven. I suspect it'll be quite a while.
Great...now that they are putting in some decent seats it's too bad they have changed the flight schedule to make it all but useless for me...so I'll have to continue using either another airline or AC mainline through the US instead of ACr via Toronto.

Just to make things interesting.... I just checked the J fares on ACr YUL- YYZ-NAS and AC YUL-FLL-NAS...the AC YUL-FLL-NAS is not only $100 cheaper and I get mainline J seating and service and I also get to NAS almost 3 hours earlier in the day....so why the heck would I fly Rogue!
Old May 5, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Genetk44
Great...now that they are putting in some decent seats it's too bad they have changed the flight schedule to make it all but useless for me...so I'll have to continue using either another airline or AC mainline through the US instead of ACr via Toronto.

Just to make things interesting.... I just checked the J fares on ACr YUL- YYZ-NAS and AC YUL-FLL-NAS...the AC YUL-FLL-NAS is not only $100 cheaper and I get mainline J seating and service and I also get to NAS almost 3 hours earlier in the day....so why the heck would I fly Rogue!
There's a huge sale on YUL-FLL so it might be skewed.

Also, if you book YUL-YYZ-NAS, you take up a mainline J YUL-YYZ so that may be factored in the price...
Old May 5, 2015, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
There's a huge sale on YUL-FLL so it might be skewed.

Also, if you book YUL-YYZ-NAS, you take up a mainline J YUL-YYZ so that may be factored in the price...
I have no doubt the mainline J YUL-YYZ leg impacts the price to some extent.....but I still get 3 hrs of mainline J comfort and service and arrive at my destination 3 hours earlier by using mainline through FLL rather than having to transit YYZ, get uncomfortable and mediocre service on Rouge and arrive 3 hours later as the sun is setting....for no appreciable savings. Its a no- brainer...another reason Rouge doesn't get my business..retarded schedule.
Old May 5, 2015, 12:58 pm

Just returned from YYZ/LAS/YUL on a 763 in "J" class. Really hard seats, beef meal was inedible, tortellini substituted and not much better. Oddly, very little service on the port side of the cabin. Young crew definitely more interested in chit-chat behind the constantly closed curtain to the forward galley. Despite reading previous negative comments about Rouge, embarked with an open mind. However, now I ask why are the 100,000 Aeroplan miles required for this J class flight of less value (clearly) than those same 100,000 miles used for, say, YYZ/LAX/YUL on mainline?? At best these flights were barely worth 75,000 miles. Will not be repeating the Rouge experience. Future YYZ/LAS will be via LAX and Southwest Airlines. Charli
Old May 5, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Charli
Just returned from YYZ/LAS/YUL on a 763 in "J" class. Really hard seats, beef meal was inedible, tortellini substituted and not much better. Oddly, very little service on the port side of the cabin. Young crew definitely more interested in chit-chat behind the constantly closed curtain to the forward galley. Despite reading previous negative comments about Rouge, embarked with an open mind. However, now I ask why are the 100,000 Aeroplan miles required for this J class flight of less value (clearly) than those same 100,000 miles used for, say, YYZ/LAX/YUL on mainline?? At best these flights were barely worth 75,000 miles. Will not be repeating the Rouge experience. Future YYZ/LAS will be via LAX and Southwest Airlines. Charli
I'm confused... are you suggesting a J reward to LAS from YUL or YYZ is 100,000 miles?

Your comments mirror much of what I experienced in the "J" class of a 763 back from LAS, but you lost me at "100,000 Aeroplan miles required"
Old May 6, 2015, 5:33 am

Programs: E75K , Marriot Gold, HH Gold,
Rouge continues to disappoint. Booked an Aeroplan flight YHZ to MCO (via YUL) and bought 3 seats in row 4 last month. Now row 4 doesn't exist and the bulkhead is full. I asked how I could lose my seats and the person at AC reservations didn't have a clue. I paid to avoid 29" seat pitch and now I am stuck with it. Didn't know anything about it until I got a credit card refund last night. I was actually better informed than the res agent I talked to.

AC, I know you don't care, but you are continuing to disappoint a long time (20+ years) frequent flier
Old May 6, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by ffsim
I'm confused... are you suggesting a J reward to LAS from YUL or YYZ is 100,000 miles?

Your comments mirror much of what I experienced in the "J" class of a 763 back from LAS, but you lost me at "100,000 Aeroplan miles required"
I hope the OP was referring to 2 seats for 100,000 points?
Old May 6, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by 172pilot
I hope the OP was referring to 2 seats for 100,000 points?
I thought of that, but then there's a reference to 75,000 miles... so 2 seats at 37,500 miles? I'm just confused, that's all
Old May 6, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Charli
Young crew definitely more interested in chit-chat behind the constantly closed curtain to the forward galley.
Most of not all of Rouge crews are young and chit chat! OMG I have learned more about these young peoples love lives than I care for. Yes some of these F/A are cute, but they seem to struggle with there relationships. Flew HNL-YVR last month and two of these nice young ladies "cant find" decent men who want commitment around their schedules???? It's like a soap opera!
Old May 6, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Early this morning at YYC saw a A319 Rouge parked at domestic gate 54???? someone will be having a surprise flight
Old May 6, 2015, 10:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Most of not all of Rouge crews are young and chit chat! OMG I have learned more about these young peoples love lives than I care for. Yes some of these F/A are cute, but they seem to struggle with there relationships. Flew HNL-YVR last month and two of these nice young ladies "cant find" decent men who want commitment around their schedules???? It's like a soap opera!
Yes, this did happen on my Rouge flights. However, I have seen the same issues in the back on ML flights. I don't think this is specific to Rouge. Love lives, excessive alcohol consumption the night before (i'm not accusing them to be drunk, they seemed sober), issues with moving out of the house, I've heard them all.

However, what you deem as an issue (nice young ladies who can't find decent men), I look at as an opportunity
Old May 6, 2015, 11:02 am

However, what you deem as an issue (nice young ladies who can't find decent men), I look at as an opportunity
Oh yes, If I was half my age, taller, thinner, better looking I would be there like a pit pull on a posties leg. I would change my OP name to easyair!
Old May 6, 2015, 11:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Oh yes, If I was half my age, taller, thinner, better looking I would be there like a pit pull on a posties leg. I would change my OP name to easyair!
LOL All I will say is that some women are into more seasoned and well traveled men, especially those sitting in the forward cabin and those with $. They really lack a decent income if you think about it

Anyways, bringing this back on topic though, I am really surprised about the many comments about chit chatting on the Rouge flights. The chit chatting has never impacted J service for me. In fact, the service I got on Rouge was better than ML (smiles, FA's were quick on their feet for refills) etc. While there was chit chat, it was minimal.

On a 319 aircraft, AC/ACr have 3 FA's. 2 are usually in the back, and 1's usually up front. How can there be THAT much chit chatting going on though? On a 3? hour YYZ TPA flight, there's quite a lot that needs to be done. Granted it's not Rapidair style service (e.g. frantic), but you figure after the aircraft reaches cruise altitude, you're an hour into the flight. Another hour for meals/drinks in J and BoB, and then you have 30 minutes before TOD.

Is this more of a systemic issue on the 767's? I did hear banter on my flights, but it wasn't for long...
Old May 6, 2015, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
but you figure after the aircraft reaches cruise altitude, you're an hour into the flight. Another hour for meals/drinks in J and BoB, and then you have 30 minutes before TOD.
Uhh... a lot of crews start preparing for service before the seat belt sign is off. They all start once it's off.

That's at 10,000 feet, which is a long way from cruising altitude.
Old May 6, 2015, 12:10 pm

Should have been more clear. Sorry. 100,000 miles was the total for 2 of us. The mention of 75,000 miles was my attempt to imply the value of these flights was nowhere near 100,000 Aeroplan miles but rather, at best, 75,000 miles. Was trying to express disappointment that 100,000 miles on Rouge does not compare favourably with 100,000 miles on mainline. And that double standard is not fair! As for the issue of chit chat, as mentioned, the port side of the section was very well served. The other side was totally neglected in favour of much talking & laughing behind the constantly closed curtain. No drink orders, water, etc. until approx. 45 minutes before landing. No problem with chit chat, as soon as the work is done!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.