Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: *$ Green
PS: Although I have not had the "chance" to fly rouge myself, I have quite a few friends that said that the rouge staff is really enjoyable.

Seat is another story though.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Not a rouge fan, but when I search for flights to major cities in Florida, Rouge always comes up as one of the cheaper options.
Really? I assume that you're talking about economy class.

Fare of Premium Rouge is definitely not the case when comparing to other airlines' "F" cabins. I can find F fares on DL, US/AA and UA 35% cheaper than ACr PR in January 2016.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by tcook052
http://www.chroniclejournal.com/busi...a440455d2.html

Questions hover over Air Canada subsidiary Rouge on second anniversary
Ehh...I simply don't agree with the article.

People who live downtown Vancouver are not going to drive to YXX to save $100 or maybe $200. Those are the same people IMO that aren't driving to BLI for flights to LAS. I think the YXX flight is brilliant for the right people. My sister and her family currently live in Langley. It's 20 something minutes to YXX, 40 minutes to YVR. It's a family of 4, if they wanna fly to Toronto for some reason, parking, spending less time in the car, price are all factors that'll definitely lead them to a Rouge flight from YXX. It's perfect for them and if the prices are good then that's awesome. I don't see that as diluting, I just see it as options. NY has LGA/JFK/EWR, people fly to all of them for different reasons. There's no reason YXX can't have the small presence WS has and then add some Rouge flights.

I think the author doesn't give passengers enough credit. I think most infrequent fliers turn into idiots when they get to the airport. Don't mean to be insulting, but when someone asks where US check-in is as they stand under a sign with a US flag pointing left...But I don't think a passenger is going to buy a LGW ticket thinking it's Heathrow, or buy a Rouge flight to LGW thinking they'll be sitting pretty in mainline J. If they do, then they're just not thinking straight. The biggest follie to come out of confusion I think would be if AC starts booking connections LGW/LHR-outward. I don't think they'll be doing that, because it's fraught with disaster. I know NH does it for NRT/HND and maybe it works really well but I think unseasoned "Rougers" would make a meal of it.

Lastly, I can't buy the YWG-YYZ-LHR thing. If you're buying a Rouge ticket, from what I've seen (admittedly haven't done extensive research) it's only cheap if you're flying Rouge and nothing else. YWG-YYZ-LGW would put you on mainline first, and sure if you JUST took the YWG-YYZ the price might be ridiculous, we've all seen that, but they're not likely to sell you the same leg AND LGW for less than they're selling the individual flight. A one off? MAYBE, but certainly never on a regular basis.

When did this reconfig happen? Is it going on for all the 319s? I've flown YYC-LAX and SFO-YVR and both were the 3 seat middle block system. SFO flight was in March.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:02 am

I think the fleet is done/nearly done? It had a date of June 2015 no?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by Clipper801
Really? I assume that you're talking about economy class.

Fare of Premium Rouge is definitely not the case when comparing to other airlines' "F" cabins. I can find F fares on DL, US/AA and UA 35% cheaper than ACr PR in January 2016.
Yes, I had to fly to YEG-LAX with a weeks notice in Feb 2015. I booked UA Business class via SFO for $220 less than ACr Economy via Vancouver.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
PS: Although I have not had the "chance" to fly rouge myself, I have quite a few friends that said that the rouge staff is really enjoyable.

Seat is another story though.
Came home Rouge yesterday from Edinburgh. Seats were good for day flights(Front), but not that good for night flights. Checked out the Y seats, also looked good.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:08 am
V9

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Pltm, Hyatt Diamond, spg Pltm
Standby option

I will fly to YYZ in the morning, but my connecting flight to YQY on Rouge is in the evening, on a UA award ticket. Any possibility to standby early flight to YQY in YYZ?

Also if not, what can I do in YYZ for 10 hours?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Came home Rouge yesterday from Edinburgh. Seats were good for day flights(Front), but not that good for night flights. Checked out the Y seats, also looked good.
Agreed. I've said this before and I'll say it again: the 'preferred' Y seats in the 767 are absolutely fine. I don't know about the Y seats further back and I definitely don't have anything good to say about the 319...
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:34 pm

I'm the opposite.

I've heard MANY comments about the 319, but barely about the 767 (if I don't count FT, and only "RL" friends).
Old Jul 5, 2015, 4:47 pm
azj

Just returned home last night on a Rouge 767 flight YVR-HNL. Before I booked, I stirred up a hornets nest enquiring about the differences between Rouge Y and UA Y. In the end, I'm satisfied with the Rouge decision. It was nonstop, which was the biggest bonus. The fare was just slightly more $$ than UA, including baggage fees and premium seating charges. The AC check-in staff was great and the cabin crew on the Rouge flight were average. Overall, it was an average experience. Nobody stood out either way. Cabin was clean, seats okay and the onboard food was not as bad as I was expecting and decently priced as well. Overall, if I'm presented with Rouge as an option, I'd take it, if my regular carriers weren't available.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by V9
I will fly to YYZ in the morning, but my connecting flight to YQY on Rouge is in the evening, on a UA award ticket. Any possibility to standby early flight to YQY in YYZ?

Also if not, what can I do in YYZ for 10 hours?
YQY is only a once a day flight.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Does Rouge still fly direct YYZ to HNL 2x a week or that is a seasonal thing?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Does Rouge still fly direct YYZ to HNL 2x a week or that is a seasonal thing?
YYZ-HNL is seasonal, should be back late fall if their running it again.
YVRHNL/YVROGG is year round.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I think the fleet is done/nearly done? It had a date of June 2015 no?
Fleet was completed early June
Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by PlaneWatcherYYC
Fleet was completed early June
ACR just took delivery of fin 694 (ex-Hawaiian Sister Ship to fins 691/692). It's currently flying in its original HA configuration (18/246) & sllated to be Rouged and Winglet-ed in the Fall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.