Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by misapply
You get what you pay for.
There are some expensive scRouge routes.

Flying mainline to MUC and cnx BCN in December to avoid overnight flight direct to BCN on scRouge. I did decide to fly back non-stop scRouge in premium economy from BCN.
I have travel in new year that includes MCO/PHX/LAS and BGI. All these flights are on scRouge and NA routes are on Latitude flight passes where I will u/g to Premium economy. I bought "discounted J" r/t to BGI.

I have always been a revenue pax for AC. I dislike the 763 scRouge J cabin,way too cramped . Give me the A319 or A321 scRouge J . Much more comfortable
Old Aug 9, 2016, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
777HD Y /789 Y = Quality hard product?

??????????????????????????

ROFL
AC Mainline was rated #1 airline in North America and has high SkyTrax ratings and my overall experience with AC the past few years has been better than any mainline US airline except for VX.

Quality is relative. Relative to other North American airlines, I've found AC to be higher quality.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 8:32 am

I just priced YYZ-PRG for return flight 8/24-8/29.

Rouge: $883.

LH: $922.

I don't think the $39 in savings for Rouge is offset by the filthy and uncomfortable ancient aircraft they are using on this route. Next time, I'll gladly pay $39 more for a clean and relatively comfortable mainline LH aircraft. In fact, I'd pay double to avoid Rouge.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyWorld
I just priced YYZ-PRG for return flight 8/24-8/29.

Rouge: $883.

LH: $922.

I don't think the $39 in savings for Rouge is offset by the filthy and uncomfortable ancient aircraft they are using on this route. Next time, I'll gladly pay $39 more for a clean and relatively comfortable mainline LH aircraft. In fact, I'd pay double to avoid Rouge.
You're also comparing a non-stop to a one-stop.

I could convince my mom to pay (or allow me to pay) $39 to avoid rouge. I don't think I could convince her to take a one-stop when there's a non-stop.

My dad would probably take the LH option if it were $39 cheaper. If he took rouge, he might complain about it for a week, but then next year, he'd book the cheapest option.

The fact that you'd pay double the cheapest option just shows how far removed are you from the bottom 99% of passengers
Old Aug 9, 2016, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by YOWisHome
ugh yes they are -- same Union and they can transfer back to mainline after 2 years.
'Ugh' no they are not on the same payscale. You're simply wrong. I've seen the contract, you obviously haven't. They are part of ACPA and can bid back to mainline equipment but work conditions, pay and bidding system are different as long as they hold a Rouge position.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, British Airways, Alaska
Looking to fly ACr direct YVR PVR in September but their direct Wednesday service seems to stop on August 31st.

Does anyone know if they are discontinuing AC 1796, if it just doesn't operate in September or if they just haven't loaded the schedule yet?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by Sean22mac
Looking to fly ACr direct YVR PVR in September but their direct Wednesday service seems to stop on August 31st.

Does anyone know if they are discontinuing AC 1796, if it just doesn't operate in September or if they just haven't loaded the schedule yet?
If you're talking about September 2016, I'd say the schedule is loaded and the flight doesn't operate. I highly doubt they'd be adding a flight to the schedule for September 2016, when it's already Aug 14th
Old Aug 14, 2016, 6:01 pm

Just when I thought Rouge was getting good again, and after a very good SE check-in experience at YYZ...

I asked for earbuds several times. During our delay (which is fine, they happen and don't begrudge anyone for that, although it seems 1851 is perpetually delayed) there was no time whatsoever for anyone in the crew to grab me a pair. But of course, there was plenty of time for the schoolyard friends to chat among themselves. Had to sit in that cabin watching dreadful leisure travelers with bigger egos than mine for the better part of an hour before I could drown them out...

Why did I pick the aeropesos over the Bose headset at 150k? Sigh.

Also, I realize I could have gotten up to ask. I also could have (should have) brought my own. But at the same time, no, I shouldn't have to do either of those things. Bah, scRouged again.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 6:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Are you kidding? Rouge is not cheap, and YVR-HNL was painful on that 763.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
I wonder where the heck did AC buy the seats used in Rouge aircraft. Discomfort R'Us?
I just flew a LH A321 with Recaro slim line seats. The padding is paper thin, but after 2.5 hours I wasn't so sore as in the Rouge seat after the same time. Far from it. And the difference in seat pitch looked much larger than 1". Couldn't they buy something similar to the LH seat?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by Taoyuan
Are you kidding? Rouge is not cheap, and YVR-HNL was painful on that 763.
+1, exacerbated by red-eye nature of the flight. Continuing to mourn the loss of pods on the HI routes.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The fact that you'd pay double the cheapest option just shows how far removed are you from the bottom 99% of passengers
Exactly.

Time and time again, FTers seem to forget that they're in a tiny minority.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
To those flying on 763 Rouge, though 27AC and 28AC are both preferred seats (exits), 28 is way better as 27 has the bulkhead. Unfortunately both are adjacent to the washrooms so be prepared for people lining up
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:35 pm

What is Premium Economy like on Air Canada Rouge

Can someone tell me what I can expect on an AC Rouge B767 service from DUB to YVR in Premium Economy? In terms of seat comfort, food & drink etc.

Thank You
Old Aug 20, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
PTY - YYZ -- AC1949 Cancelled? 09/04/16

Trying to figure out what happened to this flight -- PTY-YYZ AC1949 on Sept 4th. Seems like the flight is no longer being offered according to AC's website. My problem is that I have a confirmed ticket for that day. Is this a known problem with Rouge -- cancelling the flight and not telling passengers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.