Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Genetk44
I have been flying the Rouge 319 YYZ-NAS 3-4 times a year since they Rouged that route...Premium Rouge....I thought the seats were bad but my last flight 2 weeks ago we ended up on the Rouge 767......thats way worse IMHO. Give me the 319 or 320 any day.....and doing a trans-atlantic on one of the Rouge 767s....no way in hell!!!!

Plus it seems to me that the food on Premium Rouge NA has taken a major drop in quality over the past year or so....any thoughts??
Been saying that about the scRouge 763 J cabin from the get go.
Food has been Ok, even when catered at YYZ for the return from BGI
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by vernonc
Yes, I was in Rouge J last week and the food was poor. Some sort of Caribbean chicken. Service was also mediocre. No OJ/water offered prior to takeoff. One drink served approx 45 min into flight. Asked for another and was told that food was being served shortly. I politely suggested that I had no problem drinking with my food. Food served and staff were behind curtains for most of the flight except when they showed up with the snack tray - where some Y pax pinched my chips. Glad I did not pay to be upfront on this trip as I would have been seriously disappointed.
I will be in Rouge Y this week and am not looking forward to it. Hopefully I can snag a preferred seat at least.
Why would you expect OJ/water service prior to boarding? Methinks you are confusing Rouge with Air Canada or one of several other airlines. (No tongue-in-cheek, but really, after three years of Rouge growing and growing, surely the time has come to acknowledge its own pluses and minuses...)
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: AP SPG HH
We were offered OJ/water prior to take off on rouge in North American Premium, they didn't get around to snacks though.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Northern Canuck
We were offered OJ/water prior to take off on rouge in North American Premium, they didn't get around to snacks though.
I can confirm the same service was provided to me
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by californiadreamin'
Why would you expect OJ/water service prior to boarding? Methinks you are confusing Rouge with Air Canada or one of several other airlines. (No tongue-in-cheek, but really, after three years of Rouge growing and growing, surely the time has come to acknowledge its own pluses and minuses...)
Umm the menu that they hand out on Rouge J has Oj/water pre takeoff listed. Just asking what they promised, nothing else
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: SE100K - Air Canada, WestJet Gold
Originally Posted by californiadreamin'
Why would you expect OJ/water service prior to boarding?
When has AC or AC Rouge offered OJ/Water prior to boarding?

What am I missing here?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by misapply
When has AC or AC Rouge offered OJ/Water prior to boarding?

What am I missing here?
For years.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
For years.
Ok, let me try again at bolding another word.

Prior to boarding?

As in a FA hands out water/OJ to people at the gate?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status

Prior to boarding?

I think you should try increasing the font size (in addition to bolding) just like on the lovely new AC website.

To the question: perhaps ACr is planning on handing out OJ spiked with soma prior to boarding so everyone is nice and relaxed...and totally oblivious to their surroundings. That way, it'll be more of "wow! I have never flown in such a relaxing seat before!" instead of "wow! I can't feel my legs anymore!"

ACr: cutting off circulation one limb at a time.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:47 pm

Prior to boarding?

Ok you win. Prior to takeoff. There, happy ?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Marlin240
I think you should try increasing the font size (in addition to bolding) just like on the lovely new AC website.

To the question: perhaps ACr is planning on handing out OJ spiked with soma prior to boarding so everyone is nice and relaxed...and totally oblivious to their surroundings. That way, it'll be more of "wow! I have never flown in such a relaxing seat before!" instead of "wow! I can't feel my legs anymore!"

ACr: cutting off circulation one limb at a time.
What's wrong with ACr J? OJ/Water is not handed out for Y customers, although the idea of spiking a drink to reduce the pain in flying in Y on Rouge is genius.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:16 pm

What's wrong with ACr J? OJ/Water is not handed out for Y customers, although the idea of spiking a drink to reduce the pain in flying in Y on Rouge is genius.
Whats wrong with AC Rouge J is that it was a poor product that seems to be sliding. While it is obviously better than Y, its a lot less than where it should be I got opup to Rouge J two weeks back and I have flown in Rouge J (767) before. I thought the service level was lower (might be just that crew), food was not great, drink service was poor, seats were uncomfortable. I just got off Rouge Y on a 767 today (YYZ-LAS). LMU from Tango was offered for $374. Normally I would jump on this for a 5 hr flight. Instead I paid for preferred seating($50) and $10 for food because I did not think there was value to pay $374 for Rouge J.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by vernonc
Whats wrong with AC Rouge J is that it was a poor product that seems to be sliding. While it is obviously better than Y, its a lot less than where it should be I got opup to Rouge J two weeks back and I have flown in Rouge J (767) before. I thought the service level was lower (might be just that crew), food was not great, drink service was poor, seats were uncomfortable. I just got off Rouge Y on a 767 today (YYZ-LAS). LMU from Tango was offered for $374. Normally I would jump on this for a 5 hr flight. Instead I paid for preferred seating($50) and $10 for food because I did not think there was value to pay $374 for Rouge J.
The forward cabin on a 767 is PY, not J. So comparing service on a 767 in Rouge PY is not the same as comparing service for the J cabin on a 767 on ML. It has been mentioned on this thread before.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:36 pm

The forward cabin on a 767 is PY, not J. So comparing service on a 767 in Rouge PY is not the same as comparing service for the J cabin on a 767 on ML. It has been mentioned on this thread before.
PY according to you. J according to AC. Try booking YYZ-LAS on AC's website and tell me that it does not say business.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
When operated within North America, it's sold as J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.