Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2016, 10:57 am

I recently booked YYZ-PRG on Rouge in a 767 but I've got major concerns about this > 8 hour journey after reading the horrible (1-2 star) reviews on Skytrax and other comments in this thread that compare it unfavorably with Greyhound.

Still, I think YYZ-PRG nonstop is better than splitting the journey into two segments to fly with AC/LH, even though the latter would seem to offer much better comfort and service. I have one segment before YYZ-PRG, so choosing something other than this Rouge nonstop would create a 3-segment journey.

I booked the flight using miles from United MileagePlus (in saver economy).

Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade from such a booking into premium economy?

Any other experience with this particular flight? From what I read online, generally, it seems that Rouge aircraft are very old, not cleaned, and have extremely uncomfortable high density seating of the type typically used by low cost airlines for short domestic trips. I deal with those configurations all the time on 2-4 hour trips, but using such a configuration for a ~9 hour journey is something I've never encountered.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: SE 100K
Anyone flown the Rouge A321 YLW - YYZ (or any other route) ?

Seatguru says the pitch and width are actually better than the 777's.
Curious if this is the case / how the ride was.

Also wondering about Rouge IRROPS. Say I'm flying YLW - YYZ as above and the plane goes mechanical or something.
Would AC re-book / re-route via mainline? ie) YLW - YVR - YYZ?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FlyWorld
I recently booked YYZ-PRG on Rouge in a 767 but I've got major concerns about this > 8 hour journey after reading the horrible (1-2 star) reviews on Skytrax and other comments in this thread that compare it unfavorably with Greyhound.

Still, I think YYZ-PRG nonstop is better than splitting the journey into two segments to fly with AC/LH, even though the latter would seem to offer much better comfort and service. I have one segment before YYZ-PRG, so choosing something other than this Rouge nonstop would create a 3-segment journey.

I booked the flight using miles from United MileagePlus (in saver economy).

Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade from such a booking into premium economy?

Any other experience with this particular flight? From what I read online, generally, it seems that Rouge aircraft are very old, not cleaned, and have extremely uncomfortable high density seating of the type typically used by low cost airlines for short domestic trips. I deal with those configurations all the time on 2-4 hour trips, but using such a configuration for a ~9 hour journey is something I've never encountered.
The possibility of upgrade depends on your FFP's terms and conditions. With Aeroplan its AFAIK impossible.
Rouge aircraft are indeed very old. They have 1990's style cabins with slim line seats added. I deliberately booked YYZ-PUJ in Y in order to try the regular Y cabin on this aircraft and I definitely won't do it again. Too cramped even for a 4 hour flight (albeit our flight back became quite longer due to avoiding thunderstorms). And yes, cleanliness is not something I would connect with Rouge. My older son's seat had dried vomit on it on the outbound flight. The rest of the vomit was on the carpet. Re-seating was impossible, as the flight was packed to the rafters.
I definitely wouldn't fly Rouge in Y to Europe (perhaps Rouge Plus to the Caribbean). Premium Rouge could be survivable, however. But it is priced on par with mainline premium economy, so one would start thinking about connecting options again.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Anyone flown the Rouge A321 YLW - YYZ (or any other route) ?

Seatguru says the pitch and width are actually better than the 777's.
Curious if this is the case / how the ride was.

Also wondering about Rouge IRROPS. Say I'm flying YLW - YYZ as above and the plane goes mechanical or something.
Would AC re-book / re-route via mainline? ie) YLW - YVR - YYZ?
The seat width is definitely better than on the 777, however the seat pitch is not. The regular seat pitch is 29". Only rouge plus seats have better pitch. These are row 12 (the first row behind Premium Rouge) and exit rows.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
The possibility of upgrade depends on your FFP's terms and conditions. With Aeroplan its AFAIK impossible.
To clarify, I'm wondering if it's possible to pay cash to upgrade into premium Y with a ticket that was purchased using United MileagePlus miles. I don't expect any sort of free upgrade.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyWorld
To clarify, I'm wondering if it's possible to pay cash to upgrade into premium Y with a ticket that was purchased using United MileagePlus miles. I don't expect any sort of free upgrade.
A cash upgrade offer may be made available when you check-in (at a kiosk or online) depending on whether space is available.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: ACA 35K, Omni Select Guest Black
AC Rouge A321 YYZ-SAN Q about legroom (I am tall)

I am 6'3" tall with long legs. I know the econo seat pitch is advertised as 29" for AC Rouge A321s... I'm writing to ask if anyone out there who is 6'3" has flown this seat and if so can your legs physically fit in there without your knees jamming into the seat in front? It's a 5 hour flight so I'm slightly worried that I shouldn't book this. PS I have arthritis and a history (though not on planes) of blood clots.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Lets put it this way

I am 5"3 and I find it painful
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:29 pm

i'm 6'5" and I can't fit. god save you if the person in front of you reclines. you need to pay to select emergency row seating.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Seats 12C or D have lots of legroom. Plus, the business seat won't intrude too much if they recline.

There are also 2 seats with no seats in front. 19AF, if I'm not mistaken.

Originally Posted by plgplg
I am 6'3" tall with long legs. I know the econo seat pitch is advertised as 29" for AC Rouge A321s... I'm writing to ask if anyone out there who is 6'3" has flown this seat and if so can your legs physically fit in there without your knees jamming into the seat in front? It's a 5 hour flight so I'm slightly worried that I shouldn't book this. PS I have arthritis and a history (though not on planes) of blood clots.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:08 pm

I am 6'4" and the only way I survived this flight was to select a seat near the very back as there were several empty rows. Was able to use all 3 seats to sit perpendicularly.

Install the app so you can BYOD and watch their IFE. Also, you can order the hot breakfast from "J" if there are any left, I think was it only $11 and not too shabby.

Cheers
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: AC SE
I'm 6'3" with long legs, and can't fit into the normal rouge seats without angling my legs sideways.

Highly recommend buying a rouge plus seat (rows 12,17, 31, and 32 DEF on the 321), which will give you a lot of extra legroom.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by yqtyyz
Seats 12C or D have lots of legroom. Plus, the business seat won't intrude too much if they recline.

There are also 2 seats with no seats in front. 19AF, if I'm not mistaken.
You're thinking of the 319 where row 19 has some preferred seats. Different setup on the rouge 321, but the good thing is that there are more plus seats. Here's the seatmap http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fl...-200rouge.html
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:55 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Fly another airline.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
My mistake! I was boarding PHX-YYZ (A319). We just deplaned right now as storms have caused the pilots to refuel. Ugh, long day gets longer.

Originally Posted by gcashin
You're thinking of the 319 where row 19 has some preferred seats. Different setup on the rouge 321, but the good thing is that there are more plus seats. Here's the seatmap http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fl...-200rouge.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.