Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:20 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Originally Posted by eigenvector
Isn't the equipment for this route typically RJs though?
Until recently there was a twice daily E190 service IIRC, now it's 3X CRA. I wonder if a 2X Rouge 319 would be feasible.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by marke190
Could YVR-YXY (Whitehorse) be Rouged in the future? I can see it happening at least for the Summer months as there is a high level of Leisure/Adventure tourism in the Yukon.
If it happened to YYZ-YYG and YYZ-YLW it seems plausible, if not inevitable.
Originally Posted by marke190
Until recently there was a twice daily E190 service IIRC, now it's 3X CRA. I wonder if a 2X Rouge 319 would be feasible.
I feel this is unlikely as AC has shut down the Airbus rouge pilot base in the west. Rouge flights that touch YVR and YYC now using Airbus equipment are usually ones that are also served by rouge from YYZ and/or YUL (i.e. LAS, PHX, SAN).
Old Jun 11, 2016, 12:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.stockhouse.com/news/press...dublin-flights

VANCOUVER, BC and DUBLIN, June 10, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada's inaugural flight AC1940, from Vancouver departed Friday afternoon, marking the only non-stop service linking Vancouver and Ireland. Air Canada Rouge brings their hallmark customer service excellence to these seasonal flights between Vancouver and the Irish capital city, which operate three times weekly until October 8 with Boeing 767-300ER aircraft.

"We are pleased to add the only non-stop flights from Canada's West Coast to Ireland. This route offers convenience to Western Canadians travelling to visit and explore the Emerald Isle's rich landscapes, world-class golf and historic sites, as well as to Irish customers visiting the spectacular attractions Vancouver and British Columbia offer," said Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines at Air Canada. "We continue to strategically expand our Vancouver hub, and our seasonal Dublin flights follow our recent launch of non-stop flights from Vancouver to Brisbane, San Diego, Chicago, San Jose, and the doubling of our daily flights to London Heathrow."

"YVR's customers now have non-stop service to the Emerald Isle thanks to Air Canada Rouge," said Craig Richmond, President & CEO, Vancouver Airport Authority. "This new service will connect Vancouver to a country known for its natural beauty, amazing history and rich culture. It will also open new opportunities for European businesses and travellers, connecting them to our world-class city and airport."

Flights are timed to optimize connectivity to and from Air Canada's extensive BC regional network through the airline's Vancouver hub. All Air Canada flights provide for Aeroplan accumulation and redemption and, for eligible customers, priority check-in, Maple Leaf Lounge access, priority boarding and other benefits.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 7:23 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
I've been in Phoenix/Scottsdale for May-long weekend and Labour day weekend. Each was above 110'F. Sure it's a dry heat, but I cannot imagine how there is any traffic to PHX JUN-AUG.
Guess it's a chance to experience $500/nt accommodations for $99?
Perhaps the summer 3*wkly are more for exPHX flow.
Actually flew this end of May and back a couple of days ago. Gives access to Grand Canyon, southern Utah and it can be quite pleasant in Arizona mountains in summer (80s). Did lots of hiking, even in low desert (but in early AM since it was record highs 110s). Rouge flight down was pretty empty but flight back was packed so maybe this route will survive. I am a regular on this route so more choice on AC is always appreciated.

Service and equipment is not up to par with mainline but food is same. Now that J seats are really J seats, Rouge is fine (in front only) but miss the personal screen--not much different than flying UA or AA . . .
Old Jun 12, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet
Increased Capacity with 767s

June 9th - Air Canada rouge in winter 2016/17 season is increasing capacity on selected routes, where it plans to operate Boeing 767 aircraft, instead of Airbus A319 aircraft. Planned new 767 operational routes for W16 as follow.

Montreal – Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo eff 24DEC16 1 weekly
Montreal – Puerto Vallarta eff 18NOV16 1 weekly (3 weekly from 21DEC16)
Montreal – San Jose (Costa Rica) eff 22DEC16 2 weekly
Vancouver – Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo eff 21DEC16 1 weekly
Vancouver – Los Cabos eff 25DEC16 1 weekly
Vancouver – Palm Springs eff 13NOV16 1 weekly (2 weekly from 09DEC16)
Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:05 am

Programs: AC*E35
Rouge a319 exit row

Does anyone know if the seats in row 18 exit row are any better than normal seats?

I'm flying YYZ-SAN and I have the choice of an aisle seat further back or 18B or 18E. They are not preferred but seat guru claims they have more space.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 4:00 pm

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases...584109581.html

BBOTSFORD, BC, June 23, 2016 /CNW/ - Air Canada will be resuming the only non-stop flights between Abbotsford and Toronto this summer, when Air Canada Rouge brings their hallmark customer service excellence to daily, seasonal flights starting June 26, offering Canadian travellers flying to or from Abbotsford convenience and competitively-priced options. Fares start as low as $276 each way, all in.

"We are pleased to return to Abbotsford this summer, offering convenient options for family, friends and relatives travelling between the extensive BC Fraser Valley area and the Greater Toronto Area. Additionally, our Abbotsford flights connect easily and seamlessly at our Toronto Pearson global hub to our extensive North American network as well as to and from Delhi, India," said Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines at Air Canada.

Air Canada's Abbotsford-Toronto flights are operated with Air Canada Rouge 136-seat Airbus A319 aircraft, with a choice of Premium Rouge and Economy cabins. All Air Canada flights provide for Aeroplan accumulation and redemption and, for eligible customers, priority check-in, Maple Leaf Lounge access, priority boarding and other benefits.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:03 pm

Programs: E50 MM
Flew in late May from BCN to YYZ in PY on 767 Rouge. Service was very friendly and attentive. I found the seat very comfortable and the meals were good. I would not hesitate to fly again in the front cabin with Rouge.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by tcook052
when Air Canada Rouge brings their hallmark customer service excellence.
A sure nomination for this year's marketing doublespeak awards?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Rouge IFE

Does Air Canada rouge wifi ife system not have a moving map?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Correct, no map.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
The map is pretty much the only accessible IFE for me. I don't even take the rouge iPad. No point.
(The mainline 788 and some 777 now have some subtitled films. A minority of the films, but some. I did find Zootopia on one flight.)
Old Jun 28, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by djkyyc
Correct, no map.
Are there plans to add one in the future ? Seems so strange they would leave out such a popular and basic feature.

They don't even have screens at the front with the map like some other airlines
Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:00 pm

http://www.travelweek.ca/news/three-...11m-customers/

MONTREAL — When it launched on July 1, 2013 Air Canada Rouge had five flights and 775 customers. Three years later, on July 1, 2016 Air Canada Rouge will fly 123 flights carrying more than 23,000 customers, said Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines at Air Canada.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
http://www.travelweek.ca/news/three-...11m-customers/

MONTREAL — When it launched on July 1, 2013 Air Canada Rouge had five flights and 775 customers. Three years later, on July 1, 2016 Air Canada Rouge will fly 123 flights carrying more than 23,000 customers, said Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines at Air Canada.
Kudos to them for leaving the word "satisfied" out of the write-up as a description of customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.