Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Most of not all of Rouge crews are young and chit chat! OMG I have learned more about these young peoples love lives than I care for. Yes some of these F/A are cute, but they seem to struggle with there relationships. Flew HNL-YVR last month and two of these nice young ladies "cant find" decent men who want commitment around their schedules???? It's like a soap opera!
Oh c'mon.. this is just another part of the ACr IFE system...
Old May 6, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Charli
Should have been more clear. Sorry. 100,000 miles was the total for 2 of us. The mention of 75,000 miles was my attempt to imply the value of these flights was nowhere near 100,000 Aeroplan miles but rather, at best, 75,000 miles. Was trying to express disappointment that 100,000 miles on Rouge does not compare favourably with 100,000 miles on mainline. And that double standard is not fair!
Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. Indeed, the same number of miles required for AC vs ACr follows the same number of dollars required for AC vs ACr
Old May 11, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: AC E50K, Fairmont Plat, NEXUS
Air Canada rouge, a new leisure airline

Flying back of the bus on AC 1810 tomorrow for first time flying rouge tomorrow. Will report back on the experience.... I can only anticipate what to expect.
Old May 14, 2015, 11:21 pm

So, out of curiosity I decided to book my first rouge flight (in Y), YYC-YHZ and am looking for confirmation about the IFE for my upcoming flight.

The rouge website, under "entertainment" states:

Download the free Air Canada app from the Apple App store on your personal Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod touch before boarding to access our inflight entertainment system player where you can tune into the latest movies, TV shows, special kids’ programming, music playlists and destination information. Laptop users can access player too – just install Adobe Flash Player. You can now access player on your Android device by downloading the app on the Google Play store before you take off.

player is available for your laptop, iPod, iPhone, iPod touch and for Android devices. Not bringing a device or forgot to pack one in your carry-on bag? No problem. We have a number of iPads preloaded with extra content that you can rent for only $10.

Make sure you pack your headphones and device in your carry-on bag. Onboard power is offered on select aircraft so be sure to charge up your devices before flying to catch every last minute of that hit movie or your favourite TV show. Download the free Air Canada app for your Android device or Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Within the Apple app there is an information section for player. Part of what is there states:

You may be able to access player with Android devices, but you won't be able to access movies or TV content, only music and destination content. Android content is expected very soon.

Do I have to pay to access the content on player?
To access movie and the content, there will be a low all-access fee. Once you pay, you can watch as many movies and the shows as you want. Music, destination and other content is free for all. For those traveling in Premium rouge, please ask a flight attendant for a complimentary access code.

Can I access the same content on different flights?
Yes, but you won't be able to carry over your session from a previous flight. Pay once per flight, pay twice per two flights. The math gets complicated after that.

From what I can tell, the website makes no mention about a need to pay for content (I know that when rouge first launched content wasn't free). Within the app there is a mention of a need to pay, however the information within the app appears to be dated (it references that Android isn't supported even though the website says otherwise).

So, my questions are as follows:
  1. Will I need to pay to be able to watch movies on rouge?
  2. If so, what are the current charges?

Also, for mainline the Air Canada website has the enRoute section where you can see what selections will be available on upcoming flights. Is there any similar information for rouge where I can find out what will be playing? I want to find out if there is decent content on rouge or if I need to look at downloading some new movies to enjoy during the flight.
Old May 15, 2015, 12:00 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by YEG USER
  1. Will I need to pay to be able to watch movies on rouge?
  2. If so, what are the current charges?
There were going to charge for this, but pretty sure the plans were scraped after all the initial backlash with rouge. It used to say so on their web site, but even now the only mention of cost is the iPad rental for $10. So as long as you have your own device, pretty sure you're ok.
Old May 15, 2015, 1:17 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Early this morning at YYC saw a A319 Rouge parked at domestic gate 54???? someone will be having a surprise flight
Or they are flying to YHZ which is a rouge route.
Old May 15, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
I would love to see this feature (no recline) on Rouge though, makes sense with the limited pitch.

Last edited by tcook052; May 15, 2015 at 8:12 am
Old May 15, 2015, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
I would love to see this feature on Rouge though, makes sense with the limited pitch.
Forgive me for this, but why should I on a 319 in row 4 not be able to recline? I'm happy to not be focused on $ spend like the rest of the plane. If they want airfare to go the way of greyhound so be it but I want to recline. Following this premise should J not be able to recline too??
Old May 15, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
I would love to see this feature on Rouge though, makes sense with the limited pitch.
This isn't a crazy suggestion except, of course, when we're talking about 5+ hour flights with no recline. It's asking a bit much IMO

Remember, reclining with small pitch is only a bad thing if the person behind you doesn't recline, too. If everybody reclines, then the pitch is the same as when the seat was upright.

Instead of removing recline, AC should consider a true enhancement to rouge: a reasonable pitch. Barring that, a system should be installed which prevents recline during meal service
Old May 15, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by ffsim
Remember, reclining with small pitch is only a bad thing if the person behind you doesn't recline, too. If everybody reclines, then the pitch is the same as when the seat was upright.
Perhaps they should just reconfigure the aircraft so that happens automatically. Person in row x seat Y reclines => all seats in row x+n seat Y automatically recline by the same amount at the same time (where n > 0)
Old May 15, 2015, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Geoflying
Perhaps they should just reconfigure the aircraft so that happens automatically. Person in row x seat Y reclines => all seats in row x+n seat Y automatically recline by the same amount at the same time (where n > 0)
lol NOW we're onto something
Old May 15, 2015, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by yvr76
There were going to charge for this, but pretty sure the plans were scraped after all the initial backlash with rouge. It used to say so on their web site, but even now the only mention of cost is the iPad rental for $10. So as long as you have your own device, pretty sure you're ok.
Thanks. I thought that was the case but was confused when I saw the need to pay mentioned within the app.
Old May 15, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
A colleague flew on ACr 1868 YYZ-MCO last evening. As E50K he had got himself a seat in row 18 which is the exit row (preferred seating).

Since he was in an exit row he was surprised to be personally told by the FAs to put his carry on under the seat in front of him rather than in the overhead bin.

Is is not a Transport Canada requirement to prohibit this?
Old May 15, 2015, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
A colleague flew on ACr 1868 YYZ-MCO last evening. As E50K he had got himself a seat in row 18 which is the exit row (preferred seating).

Since he was in an exit row he was surprised to be personally told by the FAs to put his carry on under the seat in front of him rather than in the overhead bin.

If it fits in the seat in front of him what's the issue? I've sat plenty of times in the exit row with people with their bags in front of them. I didn't think that was against policy?
Old May 15, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: Presto
I don't think so, as I've done it for years on WS (seat 12C). They do ask to have it fully under the seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.