Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Back on topic...

Flew YYZ-BCN-YYZ in rouge and the flight was not at all unpleasant. Of course it helped that we had row 12.

From YYZ the "salad" was a horrid concoction of cabbage and corn. I decided to do a quick perusal down the aisle and it seemed the majority of people left most/all of this salad untouched on their plates.

Doesn't AC get feedback from FA's about stuff like this?
Old May 25, 2015, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by The Lev
You seem to be the only one to have narrowed the goalposts to only supply and demand/loads.
I am? (Rouge) "rates are based on loads" was not my statement
Old May 25, 2015, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I am? (Rouge) "rates are based on loads" was not my statement
In common English usage, "based on" need not mean based entirely on - it means that loads are a significant basis in the determination of fares.
Old May 26, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: E35K,Skymiles
So, first time on Rouge. We few the Airbus 319 (YYZ-MCO)

Pros:
- Nice hollow space in back of seat will hold a tablet at perfect height.
- FAs have nice chapeaus

Cons:
-Seats seem to be shorter
-Seat padding is thinner
-Seat pitch definitely lower. If you put anything in the seatback pouch other than a pack of gum, there is no room for your knees.
- AC Rouge App will not launch in landscape mode. Once it does launch, connection was slow and media selection consisted of old movies.

Conclusion:
-Not going to fly rouge again (or the 777HD for that mater).
Old May 26, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM
Originally Posted by busfan
- AC Rouge App will not launch in landscape mode. Once it does launch, connection was slow and media selection consisted of old movies.
I've learned that if you use one of the iPads that the Rouge attendants distribute, you get first-run movies. Some sort of rights issue prevents offering the good stuff on passenger-supplied iPads.
Old May 26, 2015, 10:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
New news!!

http://www.stockhouse.com/news/press...r-canada-rouge

Summary:

Introduction of new spacious Business Class seats on Air Canada rouge A319 aircraft
More overhead stowage space throughout Airbus A319 aircraft
Upgrades to the in-flight entertainment system

Article:

The premium cabin in Air Canada rouge's fleet of 20 Airbus A319 aircraft will be converted by mid-June 2015 from its current 3x3 seating configuration with a blocked middle seat to two side-by-side Business Class seats in a 2x2 configuration. This new seating provides customers more personal space and generous legroom as well as full power charging capacity with a 110-volt power plug and a high-powered USB port at every seat. Additional customer convenience features include a centre console and pop-out cocktail tray between the two seats and a coat hook at every seat.

"Air Canada has listened to its customers and is pleased to announce product investments in the Air Canada rouge fleet including new Business Class seats on all Airbus A319 aircraft," said Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines at Air Canada. "The new business class seating on rouge Airbus A319 aircraft provides our premium leisure customers with more space and comfort and, together with complimentary bar and meal service, is in line with our award winning Air Canada Business Class. We continue to strategically deploy Air Canada rouge on routes with high leisure travel demand as part of our strategy for sustainable, profitable growth. These product improvements, including Business Class seating offering the same or more space than equivalent seating on widebody rouge Boeing 767 aircraft, provides customers with a market leading premium leisure product in North America."

All Air Canada rouge flights provide for Aeroplan accumulation and redemption and, for eligible customers, priority check-in, Maple Leaf Lounge access, priority boarding and other benefits.

Air Canada rouge will also increase carry-on space throughout its Airbus A319 fleet by 30 per cent with the installation of new overhead bin doors – dubbed "pillow doors" because of their curved shape – which allow carry-on items to be stowed more efficiently. The installation takes place this summer.

In addition to the upgrades on its Airbus A319 aircraft, Air Canada rouge is also enhancing its in-flight entertainment system on all Airbus A319 and Boeing 767 aircraft. Air Canada rouge is one of the first airlines in North America to offer a streaming in-flight entertainment system. This system, called player, is available complimentary to customers that have downloaded the free app onto their own laptops or mobile Apple® and Android® devices. Air Canada rouge also provides an Apple iPad® rental program onboard that is now renting out lightweight iPad Air 2® tablets that have been upgraded to feature dozens of the latest Hollywood new releases and popular iPad games for one and two players. iPad rentals are complimentary in the Premium rouge cabin.

Last edited by superangrypenguin; May 26, 2015 at 11:02 am Reason: Posted on phone. Link issues - link fixed.
Old May 26, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
Some more info about the new J seats from their Facebook page:

Developed by B/E Aerospace’s Spectrum First, the seats were previously flown by the mainline but have been completely refurbished. They now offer a 36” pitch, a 5” recline and an 18” width between armrests. This new seating provides customers more personal space and generous legroom as well as full power charging capacity with a 110-volt power plug and a high-powered USB port at every seat. Additional customer convenience features include a centre console and pop-out cocktail tray between the two seats and a coat hook at every seat.
Old May 26, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
I have managed to avoid Rouge 100% so far. However, with this change to the J seats on the 319 I will admit that I will now take Rouge from YVR to PHX, SFO & LAS
Old May 26, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: Free Agent
"listening to our customers" and monitoring the walk of the wallet no doubt! Regardless, nice to see 'ML lite' AC option back in play even if it is still called Rouge.
Old May 26, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: AC, WS, DL, Marriott Silver
Will be interesting to see how the pricing shakes out -- specifically, how much the marketplace is willing to pay for a 2x2 setup on Rouge vs. European J on WS.

I'm more excited about the larger O/H bins.
Old May 26, 2015, 1:13 pm

Rather odd AC are pumping their new larger overhead bins at the same time restricting size of the carry-ons that go in them. The "added space" afforded by the "pillow doors" will be wasted with a 21.5" limit.
I have faith AC will get this right.
Old May 26, 2015, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I thought rouge couldn't offer business class because of the CBA with pilots?
Old May 26, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by screw2000
Will be interesting to see how the pricing shakes out -- specifically, how much the marketplace is willing to pay for a 2x2 setup on Rouge vs. European J on WS.

I'm more excited about the larger O/H bins.
I too excited about the larger bins.

All thats left is larger rouge plus cabin. I would have preferred a 2 row premium rouge cabin followed by two row rouge plus cabin.

Also rouge plus on the 319 will feel a little more cramped because there is a curtain between premium rouge and rouge plus.

Finally, WS starts selling euro J (blocked middle) in September, but I expect they will have rouge style J in one year's time.

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Rather odd AC are pumping their new larger overhead bins at the same time restricting size of the carry-ons that go in them. The "added space" afforded by the "pillow doors" will be wasted with a 21.5" limit.
I have faith AC will get this right.
Compliant roller bags will now all fit wheels first and the parka/jacket can go on top of the rollerbag.
Old May 26, 2015, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by WR Cage
Compliant roller bags will now all fit wheels first and the parka/jacket can go on top of the rollerbag.
When was this ever an issue? I've flown the 319 more than I want to. I thought the same old ML planes were dumped into Rouge.

This was ever a problem for compliant bags to go wheel first? If my bag handle is near the latch, it appears it doesn't fit. I just push on it hard, no worries.

Originally Posted by WR Cage
Also rouge plus on the 319 will feel a little more cramped because there is a curtain between premium rouge and rouge plus.
A curtain will go behind Rouge Plus? The way it is now is that there's a curtain behind PR, and in front of Rouge Plus. not sure if it was a grammatical issue or if I missed something.
Old May 26, 2015, 1:44 pm

YVR-LAX first two flights cancelled this morning.
Replaced with a slave ship.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.