Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yscleo
Terrible. I don't want to fly rough rogue if at all possible.

But the only direct route from yyz to san is rough rogue, in Apr. Awful.
Speak with your wallet. Fly the competition (with a stop) and avoid these sardine cans. It's what I do out of YVR.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Isn't buying a preferred seat giving you 35" of legroom (the knees in the back seems to be very much YMMV) cheaper than the cost of renting a car, and gives you far more legroom than standard ML seats?
It may give me more legroom, but it doesn't give me more comfort - especially not on an (almost) 5 hour flight. It's still a narrow, hard seat and, as you said, the people behind me still have virtually no legroom. All to save $15 and a few hours' drive? No thank you. The AC seat is more comfortable and a few inches wider (and I have short legs, so legroom isn't a huge factor for me).
Old Jan 1, 2015, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Calliopeflyer
It may give me more legroom, but it doesn't give me more comfort - especially not on an (almost) 5 hour flight. It's still a narrow, hard seat and, as you said, the people behind me still have virtually no legroom. All to save $15 and a few hours' drive? No thank you. The AC seat is more comfortable and a few inches wider (and I have short legs, so legroom isn't a huge factor for me).
Sounds like you were flying J if your seat was wider, I agree the value exists for a tcon flight to fly AC to a less convenient airport. But for Y fliers it doesn't make as much sense.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
Sounds like you were flying J if your seat was wider, I agree the value exists for a tcon flight to fly AC to a less convenient airport. But for Y fliers it doesn't make as much sense.
I don't disagree with you but take the case of my daughter. She is quite petite and recently flew Rouge. She had no major issues with seat width or legroom but she didn't like the knees of the passenger behind her prodding her back for several hours. She now says she will avoid Rouge and make connections to avoid Rouge whenever she can. She is not a regular flier but Rouge left a really foul taste in her mouth.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Southwest, Gold Aeroplan Visa, Platinum Amex,Platinum Elite Marriott Hilton gold honors
Air canada rouge

If ever a seat configuration was designed for people of short stature it was Rouge. Did a return flight yyz to tap. What a cattle car. They have jammed in more seats on tired old A319s and the comfort level is zero. Fares ere $600 for this pathetic flight. Bring on Westjet.....same flights, better aircraft and cheaper fares.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by smoothrobertl
If ever a seat configuration was designed for people of short stature it was Rouge. Did a return flight yyz to tap. What a cattle car. They have jammed in more seats on tired old A319s and the comfort level is zero. Fares ere $600 for this pathetic flight. Bring on Westjet.....same flights, better aircraft and cheaper fares.
Odd. Lots of dates in January... peak sun destination travel time... TPA is under $400 return. And at least the 'tired' A319s all have brand new seats 18 months or newer and a 1" wider seat than WestJet's 737s.

Call it like it is.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Odd. Lots of dates in January... peak sun destination travel time... TPA is under $400 return. And at least the 'tired' A319s all have brand new seats 18 months or newer and a 1" wider seat than WestJet's 737s.

Call it like it is.
And more legroom for those with status (Rouge Plus)
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Isn't buying a preferred seat giving you 35" of legroom (the knees in the back seems to be very much YMMV) cheaper than the cost of renting a car, and gives you far more legroom than standard ML seats?
You need a car anyways in order to do certain things (i.e. LAX public transport is not as convenient as other cities its' size, as well as once in SAN, to explore Mexico.)
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:32 pm

Nope, I was flying Y; it's less than an inch, but with my hips already in a tight fit, it makes a difference.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:13 pm

Odd. Lots of dates in January... peak sun destination travel time...
Jan 5th to first week of Feb is lowest of the low season (well November is no better)
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Calliopeflyer
Nope, I was flying Y; it's less than an inch, but with my hips already in a tight fit, it makes a difference.
Rouge Airbus Y seats are 100% as wide as mainline, and wider than mainline 763s you may have flown on to LAX.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by upgradesecret
Jan 5th to first week of Feb is lowest of the low season (well November is no better)
Lowest of the high season? I guess so

But for instance Rouge YYZTPAYYZ Feb 18-25 is even cheaper at $351
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
I've noticed a huge improvement on my second ACV - Rouge trip. They now have sick bags in the front seat pocket.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:35 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by Heffeh41
I've noticed a huge improvement on my second ACV - Rouge trip. They now have sick bags in the front seat pocket.
But doesn't that impinge on the already reduced legroom?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: 35 K
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Well I don't think you will be fine (however, being in a preferred seat will definitely help with leg room) but you will survive. You (I can almost guarantee) will find the seat uncomfortable . . .

Let us know when you fly your first leg!
I will give my feedback. I just got an email from Rouge yesterday telling me how excited I should be for the flight and what to expect. The only problem I had is with the IFE you need an Apple product or laptop. I only have Android so most likely will load my own entertainment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.