Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Just received a survey request about my Rouge flight a couple of days ago. Best fun I've had all day..... Very cathartic. One step above the shouting into a vacuum that I usually get to do.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:35 pm

6.5" - proportional. Even 'average' height people are going to be too wide, let alone me. As said, a tax on tall people. Rouge I avoid like the plague. Again - the imposition of these new 'improvements' during an oil price plunge will make useful analysis of them tough. IMO a lot of people will try once, baulk at the cost/comfort equation and then avoid. I know ACV used to be a plus point for me, but I avoid anything non-mainline now which reduces the choices YEG/YYC.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Some temporary good news for those travelling to SAN during the winter:

Air Canada from 06JAN15 to 06FEB15 plans to offer Mainline service on Toronto – San Diego route, temporary replacing rouge operation. Service operates with Airbus A319 aircraft.

AC777 YYZ0835 – 1103SAN 319 D
AC778 SAN1150 – 1930YYZ 319 D
Old Dec 31, 2014, 5:36 am

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Originally Posted by pappypappy
IMO a lot of people will try once
If by "people" you mean frequent flyers, then I agree. But if by "people" you mean 'average' airfare consumer, then I disagree. The balance sheets say otherwise.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: 35 K
After reading about Rouge I am getting nervous since I fly YYC to LAS on Jan 5. I am 6' 1" 240 lbs is this going to be a problem? I am in 4D going and 13D returning. I booked AC since it is the only Airline from YXH.
Flying has come a long way since the day you looked forward to a flight to now dreading the flight.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Medhatter
After reading about Rouge I am getting nervous since I fly YYC to LAS on Jan 5. I am 6' 1" 240 lbs is this going to be a problem? I am in 4D going and 13D returning. I booked AC since it is the only Airline from YXH.
Flying has come a long way since the day you looked forward to a flight to now dreading the flight.
Make sure you're in a preferred seat, and you'll be fine.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by yyckerr
If by "people" you mean frequent flyers, then I agree. But if by "people" you mean 'average' airfare consumer, then I disagree. The balance sheets say otherwise.
My point is that in a time of lower oil prices and a recovering world economy, point to rouge and HD as the reason for a better balance sheet is only really telling part of the story - it would be like the West claiming that the collapse of the Soviet economy is down to their sanctions...

I may be wrong, BA etc have HD 787s too, so perhaps that is the way the world is going. But I think like many businesses they are ignoring the soft cost of lost loyalty and good feelings about a brand.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:33 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Well I don't think you will be fine (however, being in a preferred seat will definitely help with leg room) but you will survive. You (I can almost guarantee) will find the seat uncomfortable . . .

Let us know when you fly your first leg!
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: AC SE
I'm similar height (with long legs) and had no problem in row 4. Legroom is great. Only difference is that you'll probably feel the knees of the people in the row behind you pressing into the back of your seat. Just think of it as a free back massage and you'll be fine ;-) You'll likely find any non-preferred seat rows to be terrible - your knees will be pressed into the back of the seat in front of you.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by gcashin
I'm similar height (with long legs) and had no problem in row 4. Legroom is great. Only difference is that you'll probably feel the knees of the people in the row behind you pressing into the back of your seat. Just think of it as a free back massage and you'll be fine ;-) You'll likely find any non-preferred seat rows to be terrible - your knees will be pressed into the back of the seat in front of you.
Terrible. I don't want to fly rough rogue if at all possible.

But the only direct route from yyz to san is rough rogue, in Apr. Awful.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yscleo

I didn't have the issue with knees in my back. I remember being horrified about Rouge (reading on FT), but Rouge Plus (row 4 on the 319) wasn't an issue at all when I flew it. I didn't have knees in my back...then again, I could have just been lucky, although the guy behind me was pretty tall...I did not recline though just to be nice.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan

Adding two or three connecting hours in a lounge beats five hours of torture any day in my book.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:53 am

I was headed YYZ to SAN last October, and when they Rouged my flight (without advising me, I was lucky to notice the change), I changed my plans.....I changed my ticket and flew to AC to LAX, then rented a car and drove to San Diego. Very worthwhile change for me, and hopefully I won't get Rouged again.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Calliopeflyer
I was headed YYZ to SAN last October, and when they Rouged my flight (without advising me, I was lucky to notice the change), I changed my plans.....I changed my ticket and flew to AC to LAX, then rented a car and drove to San Diego. Very worthwhile change for me, and hopefully I won't get Rouged again.
Isn't buying a preferred seat giving you 35" of legroom (the knees in the back seems to be very much YMMV) cheaper than the cost of renting a car, and gives you far more legroom than standard ML seats?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Isn't buying a preferred seat giving you 35" of legroom (the knees in the back seems to be very much YMMV) cheaper than the cost of renting a car, and gives you far more legroom than standard ML seats?
I flew Premium Rouge--the seating for legroom is more spacious than even preferred seating but the actual seat is the same anywhere on the plane--you get the hammocking effect and it is decidedly uncomfortable. For flights under 2 hours maybe but any more than that and I can't do it. I flew YVR-LAX return in December and vow not to again until they fix the premium seats (which apparently is coming). I wish they would fly the entire executive team to PVR or Hawaii on these flights, especially in economy, and see if they come back with a different perspective. Maybe some body types work but mine doesn't (about 180 lb 5' 10).

I would rather fly mainline econo (or WS) seating than Premium Rouge domestically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.