Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Medhatter
I will give my feedback. I just got an email from Rouge yesterday telling me how excited I should be for the flight and what to expect. The only problem I had is with the IFE you need an Apple product or laptop. I only have Android so most likely will load my own entertainment.
The Android AC app was recently updated to support Rouge streaming, let us know if it works for you.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
You'd think they'd have an app for full Windows by now...
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
You'd think they'd have an app for full Windows by now...
That would be the "laptop" part...
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
That would be the "laptop" part...
HOLY MOSES!! 2 days into January but that might be the post of the year for me. I had NO clue that you could bring a laptop to access Rouge movies! I had only thought it was iPads/Android devices. Learnt something HUGE today, yay - and thank you

Where do you get the PC app? All I'm finding is an app for iPads..or do I just join the SSID and some crazy browser redirect takes me to the IFE?

PS Shows you how little I fly Rouge...lol
Old Jan 2, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS

Where do you get the PC app? All I'm finding is an app for iPads..or do I just join the SSID and some crazy browser redirect takes me to the IFE?

No app required. You just use your browser and it redirects. Actually, the app on the iPad at least is not required either. It works perfectly fine with Safari.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 10:17 am
Suspended

Is it impossible to book 2 "J" seats on a Rouge 319? I'm trying a year out and I cannot, but I can book 2J seats to YVR (mainline) - I am well aware that there are less seats on a Rouge 319 (14 vs 12) than Mainline - is it due to that fact that I seemingly cannot do so?

Trying to get from YYZ to MCO for 2 in "J" and failing terribly..
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Is it impossible to book 2 "J" seats on a Rouge 319? I'm trying a year out and I cannot, but I can book 2J seats to YVR (mainline) - I am well aware that there are less seats on a Rouge 319 (14 vs 12) than Mainline - is it due to that fact that I seemingly cannot do so?

Trying to get from YYZ to MCO for 2 in "J" and failing terribly..
FYI, I tried a few dates and only priority seats came up.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
HOLY MOSES!! 2 days into January but that might be the post of the year for me. I had NO clue that you could bring a laptop to access Rouge movies! I had only thought it was iPads/Android devices. Learnt something HUGE today, yay - and thank you

The bigger question is ... if you're sitting in Rouge class, where exactly does one put their laptop?

Good luck getting a laptop open on your tray table - assuming you're short enough to even be able to lower your tray table.

And God help you and your laptop if the person in front even reclines a smidge...
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by allbrosca
FYI, I tried a few dates and only priority seats came up.
Thank you. I had many priority seat options as well as market fare, but no classic redemptions on "J" in December 2015 unless I book one. Guess my suspicions were confirmed. Ah well, life moves on
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerJ
The bigger question is ... if you're sitting in Rouge class, where exactly does one put their laptop?

Good luck getting a laptop open on your tray table - assuming you're short enough to even be able to lower your tray table.

And God help you and your laptop if the person in front even reclines a smidge...

LOL!! Good point!
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Calliopeflyer
LOL!! Good point!
You'd have to be one heck of a contortionist (and quite a tiny person) in order to be able to place a laptop in front of you while seated in a Rouge class seat.

Why they'd even promote that as an option for BYOD entertainment is beyond me. Totally unfeasible.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:17 am

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
If I have to work, I usually put my laptop on my....... lap.

Never had an issue with smashed screens from seat reclines.

Although never flown rough, but would imagine the solution would still work.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:34 am

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by yyckerr
If I have to work, I usually put my laptop on my....... lap.

Never had an issue with smashed screens from seat reclines.

Although never flown rough, but would imagine the solution would still work.
It doesn't ......believe me!
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:36 am

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Originally Posted by Frequentlander
It doesn't ......believe me!
lol. Sounds awesome. Where do I sign up?

Maybe Greyhound should start an airline to compete in this seemingly competitive sector. Oh wait....
Old Jan 4, 2015, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyckerr
Although never flown rough,
Pretty funny spelling error which equates to how flying Rouge would feel...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.