Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC MM SE; SPG Plat; Hilton Gold
I have recently taken 2 return rouge flights YOW to Punta Canna -- via YYZ and YUL. Went on points. sat in row 1 -- which is in the premium section I gather. For the first flight, after I read several posts in this thread ( and also listened to complaints from my dentist about rouge), I was quite apprehensive. But the flights were fine, the crew friendly and even cool, the wine and pizza I bought was ok and I had good trips. Not as good as J for sure, but certainly ok for a short flight of about 4 hrs. So as is often the case on FT there are exaggerations about problems.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by ramsfan
on FT there are exaggerations about problems.
NO!!!! It cannot be!!! On FlyerTalk!!!!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
So as is often the case on FT there are exaggerations about problems.
Perhaps you missed the details in posted trip reports on FT.

Or these

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/air_canrge.htm

The point is, most have reported poor to miserable experiences, and what you might think is an exaggeration was a painful experience by someone else.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I have recently taken 2 return rouge flights YOW to Punta Canna -- via YYZ and YUL. Went on points. sat in row 1 -- which is in the premium section I gather. For the first flight, after I read several posts in this thread ( and also listened to complaints from my dentist about rouge), I was quite apprehensive. But the flights were fine, the crew friendly and even cool, the wine and pizza I bought was ok and I had good trips. Not as good as J for sure, but certainly ok for a short flight of about 4 hrs. So as is often the case on FT there are exaggerations about problems.
I suggest next time you sit in row 21, and report back, if u can still feel your knees.

I guess its FT exxageration here too??
http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/air_canrge.htm

Where rouge is ranked the worst airline in the world, worse than Spirit or Ryanair, with a score of 2.0 (only because you cant give a zero)
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Where rouge is ranked the worst airline in the world, worse than Spirit or Ryanair, with a score of 2.0 (only because you cant give a zero)
You've probably said this 10 times. Why continue?

Also, I fail to see why it is only because you can't give a zero. What would change if you could - it would then have 1/10, still not 0/10. Still the worst score on the site. And then you'd say it would only be because you can't give it a negative score - etc etc etc.

I continue to be amazed from the sidelines how those who say they will never ever step foot on Rouge (or step foot on it again) have to comment on absolutely every thread about Rouge. Evidently, the bitter will be sure they are heard.

If AC is so critical even those who don't fly Rouge have an opinion - maybe the GoC was right in declaring AC an essential service lol just kidding.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:11 pm

So......you sat in Premium Rouge, and admit it's not as good as Business class even though its cost in cash or points is equal to Business class, and seem to think that's OK. And then you say others who are complaining of their Economy trips are exaggerating even though you have no experience in Rouge Economy.

That's comparing apples and oranges.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:23 pm

Where rouge is ranked the worst airline in the world, worse than Spirit or Ryanair, with a score of 2.0
Is this verified? I mean, have you personally checked the Skytrax website to confirm or are you just taking another poster's word for it?
Seems like we would have read about it before in this 300-page thread but I can't remember seeing this Skytrax stat. It's kind of a big deal.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Is this verified? I mean, have you personally checked the Skytrax website to confirm or are you just taking another poster's word for it?
Seems like we would have read about it before in this 300-page thread but I can't remember seeing this Skytrax stat. It's kind of a big deal.
I havent found a worse airline yet, and clicked quite a few
http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/seats.htm

Rouge 2.0
Ryanair 3.5
Sprit 3.0
Cubana 3.6
WizzAir 4.0

Air Asia and EasyJet 6.8 - showing that low cost can have good reviews.

edit: found one! - LIAT at 2.0, just as bad as Rouge

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Why continue?
Since AC loves to flaunt their (questionable) 4* SkyTrax status, to balance that, we have the opinions of real people doing Skytrax reviews
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow

I included the Skytrax link in my post above $4218 and so did rankourablu in #4219 and it was mentioned at least once or twice by others deep in this thread of 4000+ posts

The question really is: FT readers aside, and perhaps ignoring the almost 500 posts on the Skytrax page, how may other pax have done the "she told 2 friends, and they told 2 friends" and so on thing?

Last edited by 24left; Dec 15, 2014 at 2:46 pm
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: VA Gold, BA Silver
Should I be worried about being rouged on YYC - OGG this April?!?

Those reviews are almost universally appalling.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Since AC loves to flaunt their (questionable) 4* SkyTrax status, to balance that, we have the opinions of real people doing Skytrax reviews

rankourabu
I get your point, but their #4 Skytrax status has to do with ranking among North American Airlines IIRC.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
rankourabu
I get your point, but their #4 Skytrax status has to do with ranking among North American Airlines IIRC.
Thats a whole different thread on how one "achieves" SkyTrax star rating, and how it can be "influenced"

The reviews though, are (mostly) real world
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Cubiscus

I would be -- at least if I was in Economy.

It's the "rouging" of routes that makes me want to avoid Air Canada more and more. Even though I actually like the mainline airline, I am always worried about being rouged. I'm considering if I should stop collecting Aeroplan points (even though they have saved me thousands in Business seats to and from Europe) because of the possibility my route will be rouged after tickets have been bought.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Thats a whole different thread on how one "achieves" SkyTrax star rating, and how it can be "influenced"

The reviews though, are (mostly) real world

I know, but you brought up the issue of AC flaunting their #4 ranking
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cubiscus

Well, where are you sitting on which equipment is partly what impacts on one's Rouge experience. Quite a few have posted they were fine with Premium Rouge and on certain routes.

We were in Y to SRQ. We will not do that again. Period.

You can always read the FT Rouge trip report thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ck-thread.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.