Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: AC Elite 50K
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
We've much discussed the added ASMs in the leisure market ... Long thought Rouge cannot stimulate enough traffic and will need to scoop a lot of TS traffic and/or have TS to pull back capacity. Seems that's a distinct possibility, hard to imagine a carrier citing fuel volatility as a reason for NOT forecasting profit. Even if a material fuel position is hedged (not likely), it's not like fares have come down. Not good news for those holding their breath the Rouge nightmare might soon be over ...

By Ross Marowits, The Canadian Press
MONTREAL - Transat A.T. faces another tough winter season amid increasing competition, especially from Rouge, Air Canada's low-cost leisure carrier.
The industry is expected to boost the number of seats to sun destinations by more than 10 per cent, much like it did last summer on transatlantic routes.
Even though Transat is cutting its own capacity by six per cent, the Montreal-based leisure tour company said Thursday that it is somewhat insulated since it primarily sells packages with hotels and does not fly to some of the same southern markets as the Air Canada (TSX:AC.TO - News) subsidiary.
"For us it's a game who'se got the best hotel at the best price for the right customer...it's not just a game of capacity," president and CEO Jean-Marc Eustache said Thursday after releasing the company's 2014 results.

Transat (TSX:TRZ-B.TO - News) hopes to improve its bottom line this winter but said fuel price volatility and a weakening Canadian dollar have stopped it from forecasting a profit. It lost $33.6 million in the first two quarters of the year, after losing $37.9 million in the prior winter period.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/tr...122759938.html
Is rouge achieving its goal? IE Gain back Air Canada marketshare. Yes... Quite successfully. They threw a 20-30% increase in capacity on Europe. Really the only carrier to do so. And are planning on another 20-30% next year.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
I'm not going to look through over 100 pages so maybe someone can tell me if the seats on the 767s to Hawaii on Rouge are the same crappy seats as on the Airbus domestic/USA routes?
They have a more comfortable 30'' pitch, but still less pitch than mainline 31-34''.

j seats are similar to North American J mainline. IFE is portable and not in the seatback.

Most complains regarding Rouge are on the A319 with legroom, where everyone is paying mainline prices for a substantial reduction in quality (legroom, IFE, and service).
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
"Seat cramming"

Here's another one. Front page of FT

Hawaiian to Redesign 717 Interiors by Cramming on Thinner, Lighter Seats

http://www.flyertalk.com/story/hawai...ter-seats.html
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
This flight has been wide open for over 10 years now, Rouge or mainline. All return flights don't get busy until late dec. My flight to Maui this week was over 90% full. Weather report - Rained today. Should be sunny tomorrow.
I didn't bother to show the mainline flight seat map but it looks relatively full compared to the rouge offering.

I didn't notice any rain
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by After Burner
I didn't bother to show the mainline flight seat map but it looks relatively full compared to the rouge offering.

I didn't notice any rain
The mainline does not fly this route anymore, so you can't compare. They only fly to YYC.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:49 pm

The mainline does not fly this route anymore, so you can't compare. They only fly to YYC.
I disagree. If you use AC's website to book OGG-Yxx it will offer both OGG-YVR and OGG-YYC as choices for the first segment. Both flights depart at about the same time and both will get you to your onward destination at about the same time. So I think you can compare them.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:21 pm
Suspended

I disagree. If you use AC's website to book OGG-Yxx it will offer both OGG-YVR and OGG-YYC as choices for the first segment. Both flights depart at about the same time and both will get you to your onward destination at about the same time. So I think you can compare them.
What! Let's talk apples to apples. We are only talking YVR to OGG. There is no AC mainline. AC mainline last year was wide open on the return flights in early Dec.(Westjet too). And if you did not notice the rain yesterday, you are only wishing you are in Maui, because you are not here.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:41 pm

http://issuu.com/skytalk/docs/2014_12-skytalk

From the front page of this months Skytalk magazine. A quote from the YVRAA....
"We are excited that this addition for Air Canada Rouge will allow for more passengers to travel on each flight."

Obviously good for airports, but painful if you are one of said passengers.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tracon
http://issuu.com/skytalk/docs/2014_12-skytalk

From the front page of this months Skytalk magazine. A quote from the YVRAA....
"We are excited that this addition for Air Canada Rouge will allow for more passengers to travel on each flight."

Obviously good for airports, but painful if you are one of said passengers.
and somewhat useless (I would rather connect at NRT and spend some time in the NH lounge rather than sit in rogue TPAC.)
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:48 pm

And if you did not notice the rain yesterday, you are only wishing you are in Maui, because you are not here.
I am most definitely on island. Care for a wager? I'll bet you a dozen raw oysters at Cafe O'Lei

And it most definitely did NOT rain here, where I am, yesterday!!
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:01 am

I am most definitely on island. Care for a wager? I'll bet you a dozen raw oysters at Cafe O'Lei

Some people don't know Kihei/Wailea is where the good weather is, Ka'anapali = much more rain
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Some people don't know Kihei/Wailea is where the good weather is, Ka'anapali = much more rain
Golf Wailea - Rain. staying Ka'anapali - Rain. Weather today great, little windy.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:19 am
Suspended

Where are you? Signal Hill?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Exactly.

I heard there was an absolute deluge on the westside yesterday. We were blissfully unaware of it here.

When it rains here we always welcome it.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:20 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I love the Whale of a Deal golf pass at Kaanapali Golf Course

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.