Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:08 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I have flown up front on Rouge Trans Boarder a few times. I don't mind it at all. The meals are the same as mainline. I have never been in Y on Rouge.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
AC1884 in J YVR-LAX in August. Taken with my old phone so a little grainy. I'm 6 ft for reference to the legroom.

Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
deleted

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Jan 10, 2016 at 2:43 pm
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Gin and Tonic? I'd like to think I can recognize my drink of choice, but I very well could be wrong...
Haha, actually no. Sparkling wine turned into Sprite because I was told they didn't have any, even though it was for purchase out of the cafe in Y The FA's were really nice otherwise
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
deleted

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Jan 10, 2016 at 2:43 pm
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
DAMN! Time to order a few more on board then to rehone my gin identifying skills.
It was actually Sprite, sorry, I just remembered and didn't edit my post in time lol.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by guessaaa
It was actually Sprite, sorry, I just remembered and didn't edit my post in time lol.
Bah, I tried. Maybe it's indicating what I want to drink right now....
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I am seeing AC fares from YEG to OGG for as low as $431 CAD RETURN incl TAX! Never seen a Hawaii fare this low. And that's in Feb and March!!
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by danapop
In sept I flew BCN-YYZ on Rouge in Premium (Front Cabin) and there was no in seat power at all. NO USB, No plug. It was a 767
As of now, all rouge 763s have in-seat power.

Did you fly via YUL in the summer? The two aircraft without in-seat power (fins 691/692) were dedicated to YUL-FCO/BCN/NCE, but did not operate in/out of YYZ this past summer.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
I am seeing AC fares from YEG to OGG for as low as $431 CAD RETURN incl TAX! Never seen a Hawaii fare this low. And that's in Feb and March!!
I have seen YVRHNL fares $169+tax on WS (around 2 years ago I believe.)
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I have seen YVRHNL fares $169+tax on WS (around 2 years ago I believe.)
We can thank this race to the bottom as the reason behind 30" legroom....
Old Dec 14, 2014, 9:05 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
Originally Posted by kwflyer
Similar to mainline J although the service is not as polished (cold nuts may come after dessert).
I have experienced the complete opposite. I find that most mainline flights I take, the nuts are only warmed 50% of the time. I've taken 6 Rouge flights and everytime the nuts are hot and the service is excellent. I find the FA's have way less attitude and are extremely attentive. I think many complaints were maybe from the start of Rouge. Maybe its the route but I honestly don't find Rouge bad at all and I love how they fill out the flight numbers for you on the customs Dec form for you. I just finished flying them YVR-PVR yesterday and both my wife and I kept on commenting on what a good job the crew was doing. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:07 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by Chowtime
the nuts are only warmed 50% of the time.
I prefer cold nuts.
Why do they warm them?
i don't think they taste better and the 'crunch' is less.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Warm Nuts, you ask?????

I laughed when I found an actual FT thread on why and how the warm nuts topic. Some hilarious stuff.

Originally Posted by travelsg
love those warm mixed nuts in FC... wondering how did they do it? can we duplicate at home?
Originally Posted by aero0729
Impossible to duplicate. Nuts at 35000ft are highly pressurized so without a pressure chamber, forget duplicating AA nuts in your home.

AND A VIDEO!!! (actually interesting to see the FA prep in the galley)

FA says warm nuts are a signature item. Hmmm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi4U...eature=related

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ixed-nuts.html
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:51 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Didn't realize AC still did full meal service in J for YVR-LAX. That still has them leading the other carriers. Alaska sometimes serves a snack, but it varies on the timing and certain times they serve nothing at all. A few days ago I was served a "warm cookie". Delta Connect serves a light meal, not sure about American Eagle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.