Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2015, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by Geoflying
A colleague flew on ACr 1868 YYZ-MCO last evening. As E50K he had got himself a seat in row 18 which is the exit row (preferred seating).

Since he was in an exit row he was surprised to be personally told by the FAs to put his carry on under the seat in front of him rather than in the overhead bin.

Is is not a Transport Canada requirement to prohibit this?
This is very common if pax has 2 bags(Carry on and Brief case) and flight has a heavy load. There is no Transport Canada requirement to prohibit this.
Old May 15, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
I just boarded a Rogue flight . However, as I was boarding, they gave me an op up. . But, my spouse, on a different PNR, not only had not been upgraded, but she'd gone from 4F to 18 something But it all worked out and they put us into PR. And the big surprise is that they now have something that passes for J. There are just two seats across, and they are like cheapo versions of the mainline 319 J seats. I could live with this.
Old May 15, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Plat, Natl Exec, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Academic
But, my spouse, on a different PNR, not only had not been upgraded, but she'd gone from 4F to 18 something
That's because when they put in the new 2x2 seats, they also change Row 4 to be Row 12 in the system and everyone in Row 4 gets bumped out of their seats. There been a couple of reports about this already, so anyone with Row 4 Rouge Plus seats needs to keep sharp watch on their seat assignments in case their aircraft gets converted.
Old May 15, 2015, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by YEGTigger
That's because when they put in the new 2x2 seats, they also change Row 4 to be Row 12 in the system and everyone in Row 4 gets bumped out of their seats. There been a couple of reports about this already, so anyone with Row 4 Rouge Plus seats needs to keep sharp watch on their seat assignments in case their aircraft gets converted.
It is my understanding that there have been 8+ conversions in the last 3 weeks, so I bet they will all be done next month. Any flights after then, probably smart to move to row 12.
Old May 15, 2015, 4:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.stockhouse.com/news/press...eal-and-venice

MONTREAL, May 15, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ – Air Canada rouge touched down at Venice Marco Polo Airport this morning, marking the start of new non-stop seasonal service from Montreal's Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport. Celebrations were held at both airports to inaugurate the twice-weekly service.

Service between Montreal and Venice will be operated by Air Canada rouge twice weekly through October 11, 2015 with a 280-seat Boeing 767-300ER aircraft offering a choice of premium and economy cabins.

Air Canada rouge now serves Venice from both Montreal and Toronto during summer 2015 and offers the most seats of any airline between Canada and Venice during the peak summer season this year.

"We are pleased to launch this new service from Montreal to the popular European destination of Venice. Air Canada continues to strategically deploy Air Canada rouge on routes with high leisure travel demand as part of our strategy for sustainable, profitable growth," said Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines at Air Canada.

"Flights are timed to connect to Air Canada's extensive domestic and international network, providing customers with more choice and convenience when travelling. Customers also have the opportunity to accumulate and redeem Aeroplan miles on all Air Canada rouge flights," concluded Mr. Smith.

Air Canada rouge's Montreal-Venice service:

Flight

Departs

Arrives

Day of week

AC1918

Montreal 21:30

Venice 11:40 + 1 day

Thursday, Saturday

AC1919

Venice 13:25

Montreal 16:25

Friday, Sunday
Old May 15, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
This is very common if pax has 2 bags(Carry on and Brief case) and flight has a heavy load. There is no Transport Canada requirement to prohibit this.
Thanks - this seems to be the general consensus. On many (non Rouge) flights when I have been in an exit row I have been told that nothing can be stored under the seat in front of me because in an emergency situation it could be ejected and might adversely impact people's path of egress, which is why I thought this might have been the case.
Old May 15, 2015, 10:41 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
It is my understanding that there have been 8+ conversions in the last 3 weeks, so I bet they will all be done next month. Any flights after then, probably smart to move to row 12.
Heh. I was told yesterday only two had been done, and it would probably not be finished until much closer to the end of the year.
Old May 15, 2015, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Heh. I was told yesterday only two had been done, and it would probably not be finished until much closer to the end of the year.
You were given bad information. The conversions are happening in Mirabel, and just by searching YMXYYZ flights there were conversions completed May 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, and 13. Perhaps more earlier on but it is too late for me to check tracking sites.
Old May 15, 2015, 11:12 pm

You were given bad information. The conversions are happening in Mirabel, and just by searching YMXYYZ flights there were conversions completed May 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, and 13. Perhaps more earlier on but it is too late for me to check tracking sites.
If 8/20 are done, then I wasn't very lucky. At least with 2/20, I didn't feel so bad about being in a 3x3
Old May 16, 2015, 12:01 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I was surprised that at LAX both YYC and YVR were a rouge route.. only YUL and YYZ remain AC mainline! How is this supposed to work with a MLL that was just renovated? Also the lack of alcohol..
Old May 16, 2015, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by keitherson
I was surprised that at LAX both YYC and YVR were a rouge route.. only YUL and YYZ remain AC mainline! How is this supposed to work with a MLL that was just renovated? Also the lack of alcohol..
I'm not sure what rouge has to do with the MLL.
Old May 16, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
And for anyone with a previously purchased flight with row 4, be careful. I just checked flights that Mrs. YVR was on with her Mom. I had selected seats 4A/B for them and the system reassigned them to 12A and 12F. When I called in to get them reseated together they said there is nothing that can be done as the other Y+ seats are taken.
Old May 16, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
So do we lose the rouge+ section (row 4) or is it just reassigned?

We should put a best seat listing on the wiki so I can find it easily. I was also wondering which the best rouge plus seats are on the 763.
Old May 16, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
So do we lose the rouge+ section (row 4) or is it just reassigned?

We should put a best seat listing on the wiki so I can find it easily. I was also wondering which the best rouge plus seats are on the 763.
No, it's just being reassigned as row 12. I guess they let the system reassign seats and it didn't keep the original assignments.

I'd avoid the rouge+ seats on the 763 that are exit rows. They're colder and you're further back in the aircraft.
Old May 16, 2015, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by Geoflying
Thanks - this seems to be the general consensus. On many (non Rouge) flights when I have been in an exit row I have been told that nothing can be stored under the seat in front of me because in an emergency situation it could be ejected and might adversely impact people's path of egress, which is why I thought this might have been the case.
AC is the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.