Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by newcdn
Are there plans to add one in the future ? Seems so strange they would leave out such a popular and basic feature.
In order for a map to be added, the ipad would have to be connected to an external source. My understanding, the ipad is just a bunch of preloaded content.

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Kudos to them for leaving the word "satisfied" out of the write-up as a description of customers.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by tracon
In order for a map to be added, the ipad would have to be connected to an external source. My understanding, the ipad is just a bunch of preloaded content.

The iPads are connected to the wifi network for streaming. The rouge provided iPads also have additional content locally but are still on the wifi. They would just need to update the server software to add a map feature.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Kudos to them for leaving the word "satisfied" out of the write-up as a description of customers.
Why?

rouge is awesome. Best service I've ever had in a non-F product, and better than some F.

I've been very satisfied with rouge.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Why?

rouge is awesome. Best service I've ever had in a non-F product, and better than some F.

It was a joke. Here's another:

ironic how the airline with the worst cattle class is being praised by a cow!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:38 pm

It was a joke. Here's another:

ironic how the airline with the worst cattle class is being praised by a cow!
What's cattle class? I never sit that far back
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Why?

Your comment is over reaching and misleading. If you had sat in Rouge Y+ or Y-, I don't think you would have the same conclusion
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:59 am

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by kwflyer
Your comment is over reaching and misleading. If you had sat in Rouge Y+ or Y-, I don't think you would have the same conclusion
You are wrong. Rouge is the best ever. Go rogue Go!
Old Jul 1, 2016, 1:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
I would like you to say that on a 5+ hour flight in y- on a 319. With poms poms on both hands.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Nothing wrong with Rouge. Cheap customers deserve what they pay for.

I'll sit in the front, thanks. As far as the bottom feeders go, I vote to reduce seat pitch even further.

My patience with cheap people is at an all time low.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
But it isn't cheap (in cost; it may be cheap in other ways).

If it were 70% of the cost of flying with someone else (or to fly mainline), then it would be acceptable. But it isn't -- they charge the same, and deliver less.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Preferred seat for DUB-YYZ: row 28 or 13?

Jumped on the stacked AC/FC deal earlier in the week, return flight is DUB-YYZ. Given the flight duration, ponying up the $100 for the extra legroom is a no-brainer.

From what I've been able to research, it looks like the best Preferred seats are:
- 28AC and 28HK (looks like window seats have a little less room due to curvature?)
- row 13-15 (avoid 12 due to bulkhead).

According to seat maps, it looks like row 28 is an emergency exit row.. so possibly a little more legroom than 13-15?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin

I'll sit in the front, thanks. As far as the bottom feeders go, I vote to reduce seat pitch even further.

My patience with cheap people is at an all time low.
It's not cheap customers, it's a cheap airline. In fact, fares YYZ/FLL have INCREASED since the change to Rouge. FLL is also a very busy business market with YYZ, and the downgrade has worsened an already marginal experience.

With the 767, it's not that bad - the seats are fairly decent, more "F" up front, and if you ignore the poorly trained, juvenile flight crews who by and large don't have a merryass clue what they're doing and don't really care, well it can be a passable experience for 3hrs - but on a 319/320/321? NO way. I took the 321 on my last YYZ FLL segment and the pitch was unbelievable, and the business flyer in my aisle (thankfully our middle was empty) could barely fit in the seat space.

I need to go to Japan during the year to visit my factory in Sabae - would I take a quick hop from SEA to YVR and "Rouge" to KIX and pocket the savings? Not a chance. I'll take a real airline like NH from SEA or UA via SFO, land in NRT and take the train from there vs spending 11hrs miserable hours in Rouge.

Rouge might be fine for seasonal vacation/package markets in the Caribbean, Orlando, Mexico and Europe carrying tourists on cheap deals, but exchanging higher yield markets like FLL and MIA for Rouge service is just miserable....and Osaka?? What cheap vacation deals are to be had in Osaka, clearly a business market.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
and if you ignore the poorly trained, juvenile flight crews who by and large don't have a merryass clue what they're doing and don't really care
My issue is with statements like this. You want to talk about Y pitch? Fine. I've never experienced it.

But I've flown a LOT of rouge (SFO-YVR-SFO), and I have never had a crew like you describe. It wasn't great the first few months, but in general, they've been better than mainline, and better than most other airlines.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bocastephen
It's not cheap customers, it's a cheap airline. In fact, fares YYZ/FLL have INCREASED since the change to Rouge. FLL is also a very busy business market with YYZ, and the downgrade has worsened an already marginal experience.
Not for the routes I have monitored.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
My issue is with statements like this. You want to talk about Y pitch? Fine. I've never experienced it.

But I've flown a LOT of rouge (SFO-YVR-SFO), and I have never had a crew like you describe. It wasn't great the first few months, but in general, they've been better than mainline, and better than most other airlines.
I've had 3 Rouge crews - they all followed the same general theme - untrained, poor communication, juvenile, lacking service acumen - my last crew was so bad, the FA couldn't properly brief the exit row passengers on how to handle the exit door, or their duties and I received a PM from the AC rep on FT.

If they're better now, I'd hate to know what they were like at launch. Obviously a lower cost airline like Rouge is going to be paying regional airline pay scales to their crews, and not exactly attracting service industry veterans or bucketloads of resumes where they can select the cream of the applicant base.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.