Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I'm searching and getting conflicting info on the miles accumulation on Rouge premium (P class). Anyone know if it is 100%, 125% or 150% from Canada to Caribbean destinations?

Does P class come with lounge access?
Old Oct 12, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
Originally Posted by JJSK
I'm searching and getting conflicting info on the miles accumulation on Rouge premium (P class). Anyone know if it is 100%, 125% or 150% from Canada to Caribbean destinations?

Does P class come with lounge access?
“Rouge Premium” within North America and Caribbean/Sun destinations maps as business class so you get 150% as per the chart.
The confusion perhaps comes from “Rouge Premium” being listed as premium economy for international (overseas + South America) destinations.

Old Oct 12, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
Going to the AC website I still am unable to see if there is wifi on the 763 Rouge TATL flights. Any info would be of great help.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 1:48 pm
ecc

Programs: Air Canada/Aeroplan E50K, Mariott Gold Elite, Hotels.com Gold, Best Western Diamond Select,
Originally Posted by iahphx
I had my first set of Rouge flights from YYZ to BCN. I honestly don't understand the product. Everything I know about transatlantic service tells me you have to have a decent biz class to make money at any time other than peak summer. There's no biz class on Rouge. The coach product is substandard (at least I figured out to load the AC app for the flight back to get some in-flight entertainment). If you have no biz class product, and an inferior coach product that would make customers book away, how do you make money with this configuration?

Bums in seats on planes getting rotated out, generally marketed to holiday makers. Also you'll see rouge fly to smaller, cheaper airports (I.e. in Japan mainline flies to Haneda and Narita....rouge flies to Nagoya. It's similar to low cost airlines...but just not as cheap.

High volume market with slimmer margins.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
I had my first set of Rouge flights from YYZ to BCN. I honestly don't understand the product. Everything I know about transatlantic service tells me you have to have a decent biz class to make money at any time other than peak summer. There's no biz class on Rouge. The coach product is substandard (at least I figured out to load the AC app for the flight back to get some in-flight entertainment). If you have no biz class product, and an inferior coach product that would make customers book away, how do you make money with this configuration?
If AC felt there was a real market for J to BCN, then mainline would fly it.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
Lisbon is becoming so popular year round. Its not a resort destination. Yet it is Rouge as far as I know. Why not mainline?
Old Oct 12, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by pprrff
“Rouge Premium” within North America and Caribbean/Sun destinations maps as business class so you get 150% as per the chart.
The confusion perhaps comes from “Rouge Premium” being listed as premium economy for international (overseas + South America) destinations.

thanks!
Oddly the agent the air canada agent on the phone said 100%, which is what started my confusion. Very happy it's 150%
Old Oct 12, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by Srklaw7
Going to the AC website I still am unable to see if there is wifi on the 763 Rouge TATL flights. Any info would be of great help.
There is not, unfortunately.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Lisbon is becoming so popular year round. Its not a resort destination. Yet it is Rouge as far as I know. Why not mainline?
It is not a major banking, pharma, energy business center. AC would have a hard time selling a real business class product. TAP Air Portugal also flies the routes with good prices on their business class.

As far as flights to Europe go it is probably one of the shortest routes going. There is a lot of tourists going to Lisbon and they are mostly in economy.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Air Transat has been flying the route for decades without a real internal business class. The same for virtually all there routes to Europe. I think it is safe to say, it is possible to make money on these routes.

This route has a lot of cruse ship traffic. Likely not hard to fill the aircraft.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
There is not, unfortunately.
Most of the rouge 767 do in fact have WiFi, but there are still some that don’t.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ard/wi-fi.html
Old Oct 13, 2019, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suspect Lisbon is primarily a touristic destination. Not much business there. Plus, it's hard to compete with TP both pricewise and service-wise.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Having a decent business class only makes a carrier money when there is the potential for customers to pay for the business class seats on the route. To the majority of destinations Rouge flies, that would not be the case. This would result in a potential glut of seats available at either too low a price or as upgrades or reward seats, which certainly wouldn't be as profitable. The Rouge model uses already paid for and depreciated aircraft with a higher seat count and with crews that are hired at a lower cost. This results in a decrease in the CASM on the routes that Rouge flies. This means that AC can charge a potentially lower fare (which they often don't) that results in a fairly full aircraft with a lower cost base operating to cities that normally wouldn't support a mainline wide body. Looking at some of the Premium Rouge fares to Europe this upcoming summer, and understanding the lower cost base, it seems pretty likely that with a fairly full aircraft to destinations like LIS, OPO, TXL, BCN, etc., that AC is making a profit on these routes. AC has repeatedly said that the Rouge unit is performing well and has been a successful venture for them.

In flying them on transatlantic routes, particularly going east to west, it certainly isn't as nice as PE in a mainline wide body. But considering it allows one to skip at extra connection point when coming from some of the cities that Rouge flies (like TXL, BUD, OTO, OPO, and BCN), it has its advantages. Although, it would be great if the 767's could be nicer (and they will be replaced in time), having such a large network as AC now does, is certainly a benefit to a frequent flier that goes to many different destinations. You just have to tolerate the often unpolished crews and old aircraft.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: 35 K
Help with Rouge Booking Codes

I booked through travel and they sent me the following:
1 AC 316 B FR 10APR YYCYUL HK2 X 0700 1303 CABY 01

2 AC1902 E FR 10APR YULATH HK2 1610 0820 CABO 01

AC 1902 is a Rouge Flight, I had requested Premium Economy but I am not sure what that means in Rouge. Does this mean we will be in Premium Rouge or Rouge Plus? The return is on mainline so no problem there. '
Thanks
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: *$ Green
E is Premium Rogue

Edit: I believe you may get P class on YYCYUL if you pick a non mainline flight, for the same price.

Edit 2: Call your TA and tell them to reprice the itinerary with P on the first segment and give you the price. Then to reprice with a rough segment in P as well.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.