Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: AC 35k
Originally Posted by Symmetre
You mean like YYC-YYZ? Oh wait, they're doing that now.
Temporary. YVR-YUL and YYC-YUL also Rouge for some flights. Will go back to all mainline once 7M8 is back in the air. These old birds are high CASM to operate.

YYC-YYZ also operating 4 mainline wide bodies daily.
Old May 25, 2019, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Symmetre
You mean like YYC-YYZ? Oh wait, they're doing that now.

The airline exists to create profits for shareholders. If they can cut labour costs in half, don't think for one second they won't do it. Business travelers put up with 777 HD seating, reduced FF benefits and a world of other enhancements AC has introduced over the years, they will adapt to this as well. Because the choices are AC or Westjet, and that's it.

If you think for one second that AC gives a hoot about you or that your opinion somehow matters to them, then you, my friend, are the one with the crazy ideas. Calin has made it abundantly clear that profit trumps all else.

Years claiming AC's LCC initiatives would backfire have been replaced w fear mongering prognostications those same LCC initiatives will be everywhere. All the while, AC has blown the doors off the airline business in recent years.
Now claiming the profit seeking entity will do what it can to, umm, maximize profit. Keep up the great insight and sharp predictions
5mm likes this.

Last edited by tcook052; May 25, 2019 at 5:33 pm
Old May 26, 2019, 10:53 am

AC Rouge Premium seating

Hi all,
Need some help please. I have just booked 3 tickets on the MAN-YYZ Air Canada Rouge 767-300 in Premium Rouge. First four rows on seat map. Not many reviews on Seat Guru for this cabin so can anybody tell me whether row 1 is good as it’s at the front or if legroom is really tight due to it being at the front? Should we go for row 2 or even row 4 at the back of the cabin?
Many thanks in advance.
Old May 26, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I would never book a bulkhead for my feet. I don't remember one way or another how bad it was (and I'm 6'2), but the lack of bag space was intolerable.
Old May 26, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Flew in row 1 of an ACr 767 recently from Europe to North America and the bulkhead does restrict your "stretch" room a bit (I am also about 6'2") but it comes with the benefit of nobody reclining in to your face. Bag only needs to be up for takeoff and landing, when I was in the air I grabbed my laptop out of the overhead and was perfectly content.
Old May 26, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by RangerNS
I'd wager a void, more legroom than a long horse needs, and a rear facing crew seat.
Originally Posted by jasdou
This sounds different from the seat map I see on one of those all-Y Rouge A321 on which I am booked in a couple of weeks:

Yes, I am currently in 22F but I kind of worry about what will be in front of me.
Flew YYZ-NAS yesterday. Here is a photo from fin 477 AC Rouge A321 (ex-WOW TF-SON)

No WOW branding, new AC Rouge paint, has generic AC rouge seat covers.
It does have AC Rouge Streaming wifi enabled.

22A is the best seat - ~7 feet of legroom
21BE arguably the second best - ~4 feet of legroom
22F ~4 feet of legroom, rear-facing crew jumpseat (and crew member at takeoff/landingr) taking up 30% of the legroom

First several rows have much more legroom than others, but only row #1 is being sold as preferred.

Row 22DE and further back have an inhumane amount of legroom. I'd venture to say 26-28 inch seat pitch.
ChrisA330, jasdou and WesternCDN like this.
Old May 31, 2019, 8:25 pm

One of my 7M8 flights got rouged (763).... anyway to know what's going to be on Rouge Player (iPads)? Is it the same as mainline IFEs?
Old May 31, 2019, 8:32 pm

Q1 M&A reports another 5 A320s and 6 A321s to be added to Rouge (with last 787-9 delivered, the fleet can grow unfettered). Are these 5 A320s supposed to be coming from mainline, or is AC buying newer frames (not hard, A320s are being retired all over the place). Are the 321s going to be all economy or is AC committed to converting the old WOW aircraft to a proper cabin?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by expert7700
Flew YYZ-NAS yesterday. Here is a photo from fin 477 AC Rouge A321 (ex-WOW TF-SON)

22F ~4 feet of legroom, rear-facing crew jumpseat (and crew member at takeoff/landingr) taking up 30% of the legroom
At first glance I thought that crew jumpseat was a filing cabinet.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:34 pm

sub-rouged?

Went to e-up 1675 on 06/11 (YYZ->MCO), a flight I've taken many times before, and lucky (?) enough to upgrade almost every time. But, e-up site said "no business class cabin on this flight", a call to the call center confirmed this.
It's a 321-200, and I thought all of those had business class, or at least Premium Rouge.
Is this a new thing? I still feel like it might be a system problem but maybe it's due to all the MAX issues, idk.

Any thoughts?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by groovejumper
It's a 321-200, and I thought all of those had business class, or at least Premium Rouge.
The new WOW aircraft are all economy - 200 seat A321s. So, some 321 routes have no J cabin. So yes, sub-rouged indeed, you can't even get a premium rouge seat.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by groovejumper
Went to e-up 1675 on 06/11 (YYZ->MCO), a flight I've taken many times before, and lucky (?) enough to upgrade almost every time. But, e-up site said "no business class cabin on this flight", a call to the call center confirmed this.
Is this a new thing? I still feel like it might be a system problem but maybe it's due to all the MAX issues, idk.

Any thoughts?
You're most likely on one of the newly purchased WOW A321 NEO CEO which doesn't have the premium cabin.

Last edited by northerncoalminer; Jun 3, 2019 at 4:41 pm
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Originally Posted by northerncoalminer
You're most likely on one of the newly purchased WOW A321 NEO which doesn't have the premium cabin.
The old WOW planes are not NEOs just normal 321s.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Had to book a flight with a YYZ connection, and I am blown away by the number of Rouge possibilities. It's like a minefield looking and avoiding Rouge for booking flights now!
gcashin and marke190 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Had to book a flight with a YYZ connection, and I am blown away by the number of Rouge possibilities. It's like a minefield looking and avoiding Rouge for booking flights now!
Even if you do, no guarantee you won't get Rouge with an equipment swap either. Gonna be dicey without the MAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.