Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:05 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by Srklaw7
Flying Rouge International on 763. I know the IFE are not seatback. Silly question but anywhere on the plane are there GPS maps indicating plane location?
Yes, it's in the front, but only crew members have access.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Flying Rouge International on 763. I know the IFE are not seatback. Silly question but anywhere on the plane are there GPS maps indicating plane location?
I use an app on my phone called flyover country. Download the maps and it works well with no data connection.
smallmj likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: AC SE100k
Flew on my first Rouge 763 a few weeks ago. Those overhead bins blow buffaloes. FYI, the wi-fi/entertainment system has a live map feature that works even if you don't pay for Internet.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
Does this work international?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Heffeh41
YOW is mainline for sure, the only other I can think of is AC1218 YHZ
Thank you. I need to go in July and AC1218 doesn't seem to be operated in July.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:25 am

Does this work international?
Worked in the Caribbean. Looks like the same live map software that's on the 777/787 AC Wi-Fi system, and that definitely works TATL & TPAC.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by SuperCargo
Worked in the Caribbean. Looks like the same live map software that's on the 777/787 AC Wi-Fi system, and that definitely works TATL & TPAC.
That's only because the Rouge aircraft you were flying in had WiFi installed and not just for streaming the IFE. Not all Rouge aircrafts are equipped with Internet WiFi yet.
flyquiet likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by YYT82
That's only because the Rouge aircraft you were flying in had WiFi installed and not just for streaming the IFE. Not all Rouge aircrafts are equipped with Internet WiFi yet.
Ah, OK. I only have a sample size of 2 on Rouge (both 763s), and they both had the same system, so assumed that the whole 763 fleet was the same.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by SuperCargo
Ah, OK. I only have a sample size of 2 on Rouge (both 763s), and they both had the same system, so assumed that the whole 763 fleet was the same.
Wiki in this thread shows which aircrafts are equipped with WiFi:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1459078-board-wifi.html

The Rouge B763 I flew in February to South America did not have WiFi.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
No wifi on anything I have flown to/from MCO
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:48 am

I’ve been flying Rouge Business Class multiple times per year between Nassau and YYZ or YUL since Rouge took over those routes. Every once in awhile I would find no business class seat availability on my chosen dates but by moving my travel by one or two days I would always find business class seats. Today I have been trying to book travel in May and June and it seems like there are no business class seats available or showing at all....I have tried almost every day in both May and June. The other weird thing is the seat maps keep showing only the rows from 12 to the rear...the forward seats aren’t showing up at all. It’s impossible that every business class seat is fully booked for every flight over those 2 months. So is this some sort of change with Rouge going all economy to certain Caribbean destinations? Or is it a glitch with both the AC app and their actual website??
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Genetk44
I’ve been flying Rouge Business Class multiple times per year between Nassau and YYZ or YUL since Rouge took over those routes. Every once in awhile I would find no business class seat availability on my chosen dates but by moving my travel by one or two days I would always find business class seats. Today I have been trying to book travel in May and June and it seems like there are no business class seats available or showing at all....I have tried almost every day in both May and June. The other weird thing is the seat maps keep showing only the rows from 12 to the rear...the forward seats aren’t showing up at all. It’s impossible that every business class seat is fully booked for every flight over those 2 months. So is this some sort of change with Rouge going all economy to certain Caribbean destinations? Or is it a glitch with both the AC app and their actual website??
As part of the 737 Max "recovery" AC is accelerating the entry into the fleet of the 4 321 aircraft that are coming from WOW. It looks like (at least initially/temporarily) these flights will have an all-Y configuration. It could be that this route will be served with one of those aircraft.

1st row Y will likely be numbered 12 to maintain consistency with rest of fleet in case of equipment substitutions, etc. I've seen this done before.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by YEG USER
As part of the 737 Max "recovery" AC is accelerating the entry into the fleet of the 4 321 aircraft that are coming from WOW. It looks like (at least initially/temporarily) these flights will have an all-Y configuration. It could be that this route will be served with one of those aircraft.

1st row Y will likely be numbered 12 to maintain consistency with rest of fleet in case of equipment substitutions, etc. I've seen this done before.
ok...that makes sense...unfortunately it means I’ll be flying another airline until they revamp the aircraft to Business Class....I just can’t fit into the regular economy pitch.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Genetk44

ok...that makes sense...unfortunately it means I’ll be flying another airline until they revamp the aircraft to Business Class....I just can’t fit into the regular economy pitch.
ISTR reports of WOW being relatively good, even in economy.

both
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/w...KY_WIN_DTR.pdf
http://wowair-web-files.s3.amazonaws...PA_GMA_JOY.pdf

seem to indicate that some seats were better than others. If they had time to do more than just replace the 2x2 seats with 3x3 then why wouldn't they have redone everything? If you can snarf something in the first 3 rows, I'd bet the legroom would be OK. No food, though.

Until we get first hand reports on what ACr has done to them, if your scared, be scared.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
Does that man they include the normal GPS maps that show the plane location? i.e. time of departure, est. time of arrival distance from arrival city etc. ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.