Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2015, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by i59bravo
I'm looking at flying to LAS on UA, in order to avoid rouge. Does anyone have any good tips on excluding UA codeshares on rouge flights from ITA Matrix search results?
Book on united.ca
Old Jun 7, 2015, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by i59bravo
I'm looking at flying to LAS on UA, in order to avoid rouge. Does anyone have any good tips on excluding UA codeshares on rouge flights from ITA Matrix search results?
Can you look into forcing a connection in SFO/LAX/LAS/CHI/EWR? (depending where you are flying out of.)
Old Jun 7, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: AC*Tangerine
hillrider, in the main ITA Matrix thread gave me two good suggestions:

UA1-8199,UA8450-9999+

(to eliminate the block of flight numbers for UA codeshares on AC Rouge metal; I'm not 100% sure about that range but it's working for my current purposes)

or

/ -codeshare

(to eliminate all codeshares)

hillrider's helpful post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24934011-post734.html
Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Air Canada CEO says considering more A321s for Rouge unit

http://ca.reuters.com/article/busine...0ON10V20150607

MIAMI (Reuters) - Air Canada is considering adding around 10 Airbus A321 narrowbody jets to the fleet of its low-cost vacation carrier Rouge, up from previous plans for five, the Toronto-based carrier's chief executive said on Sunday.

Rouge currently has 32 planes - 20 of the narrowbody A319s made by Airbus and 12 wide-body Boeing 767 jets - and plans to increase this to 50 in 2018.

"The ultimate objective is to have 25 narrowbodies, and up to 10 of those could be larger A321s," Calin Rovinescu said on the sidelines of the annual meeting of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) in Miami.

He said Air Canada could look at getting the A321s from the secondary market and not necessarily buy them new.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: Super Elite 100K, Mariott Ambassador Elite,
Good Day,

Just wondering if all the upgrades to premium rouge are complete?

I'm looking to fly YYZ-LAS, when you preview the seat map, the flights still show a blocked middle seat.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:37 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by TVTravels
Good Day,

I'm looking to fly YYZ-LAS, when you preview the seat map, the flights still show a blocked middle seat.
I'm told we're on track to retrofit the entire fleet by June 15. Seat maps will no longer show any blocked middle seats after that date.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
I'm told we're on track to retrofit the entire fleet by June 15. Seat maps will no longer show any blocked middle seats after that date.
Many of those in Y+ seats were moved to standard seats during the row change (row 4 --> 12). I resolved my particular situation after calling in a couple times, but this might be something you want to look into across the board for upcoming flights so that customers don't have any unpleasant surprises.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: *$ Green
That's great news.

Was not sure if booking ACV down south was still a gamble!
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: 35 K
I just arrived from a RTN trip YYC to LAS on Rouge. I must say the new seating in Premium Rouge is good and I even liked the meal. The FA was definitely attentive and check many times if there was anything we needed. However one point about the IFE needs to be noted; you can only see the new releases on a AC Ipad so if you are not in Premium Rouge you need to pay the $10 and if they run out you just do not get to watch them you will get "The Classics" and "TV". I think this is due to someone putting a capture program on their device and copying the show .
The only part of the flight that bothered me was the check in and baggage claim. On check in at LAS we went to the Elite/Business class line and the person there asked us to wait a couple of minutes. He then finished what he was doing and went down to the regular check in and talked to a lady there who told him to ask if we were in Business Class. He came back and I confirmed we were and he left again. After about another 5 min the regular check in slowed and we say a open counter next to us so we started over and the agent told us to stay where we were. Then about another 2 min a agent came over and started our check in. it took about 15 min for us to check in at the Express check in.
The next thing was the luggage, I checked 2 bags and both on our arrival in LAS and st YYC one bag would come off within the first 2 to 3 min of off loading but the 2nd bag was about 10 min behind. Both bags still had the priority tags as well as the Altitude bag tags. This is the part that bothers m, if I am told I will have special benefits due to my loyalty it would be nice to get them. It makes it worse to tell me I will get something and then do not give it to me.
Just writing this in the hopes someone at AC reads this and tries to get the system working.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by Medhatter
I just arrived from a RTN trip YYC to LAS on Rouge. I must say the new seating in Premium Rouge is good and I even liked the meal. The FA was definitely attentive and check many times if there was anything we needed. However one point about the IFE needs to be noted; you can only see the new releases on a AC Ipad so if you are not in Premium Rouge you need to pay the $10 and if they run out you just do not get to watch them you will get "The Classics" and "TV". I think this is due to someone putting a capture program on their device and copying the show .
The only part of the flight that bothered me was the check in and baggage claim. On check in at LAS we went to the Elite/Business class line and the person there asked us to wait a couple of minutes. He then finished what he was doing and went down to the regular check in and talked to a lady there who told him to ask if we were in Business Class. He came back and I confirmed we were and he left again. After about another 5 min the regular check in slowed and we say a open counter next to us so we started over and the agent told us to stay where we were. Then about another 2 min a agent came over and started our check in. it took about 15 min for us to check in at the Express check in.
The next thing was the luggage, I checked 2 bags and both on our arrival in LAS and st YYC one bag would come off within the first 2 to 3 min of off loading but the 2nd bag was about 10 min behind. Both bags still had the priority tags as well as the Altitude bag tags. This is the part that bothers m, if I am told I will have special benefits due to my loyalty it would be nice to get them. It makes it worse to tell me I will get something and then do not give it to me.
Just writing this in the hopes someone at AC reads this and tries to get the system working.
the LAS staff there are definitely gunning for the race to the bottom in the US (along with LAX and LGA staff). Last time I went through there no AC staff at the gate (until boarding) Passport check (3 times) during the boarding process. Young inexperienced workers workers who don't offer priority boarding (say that's a Canada thing ) and twice had to get UA staff to page/hunt down the AC staff as I was connecting and couldn't get BP to print and check in deadline was rapidly approaching and no one was landside to help. It's always amateur hour there.

With regard to the luggage, part of the problem is AC baggage people's OTP is based on getting the first load of luggage loaded onto the carousel. After that, the incentive to rush the luggage afterwards goes down greatly. While the VIP/priority status is ingrained in the bag tag, many bag handlers sort (if they do at all) by the visibl3 priority tag. So if it's ripped off it's less likely to be out among the first.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: 35 K
Originally Posted by kwflyer
the LAS staff there are definitely gunning for the race to the bottom in the US (along with LAX and LGA staff). Last time I went through there no AC staff at the gate (until boarding) Passport check (3 times) during the boarding process. Young inexperienced workers workers who don't offer priority boarding (say that's a Canada thing ) and twice had to get UA staff to page/hunt down the AC staff as I was connecting and couldn't get BP to print and check in deadline was rapidly approaching and no one was landside to help. It's always amateur hour there.

With regard to the luggage, part of the problem is AC baggage people's OTP is based on getting the first load of luggage loaded onto the carousel. After that, the incentive to rush the luggage afterwards goes down greatly. While the VIP/priority status is ingrained in the bag tag, many bag handlers sort (if they do at all) by the visibl3 priority tag. So if it's ripped off it's less likely to be out among the first.
The Red Priority Arrow Tags where intact on both bags.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 6:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.stockhouse.com/news/press...en-toronto-and

Press Releases
ABBOTSFORD, BC, June 27, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada rouge flight AC1979 touched down at the Abbotsford International Airport this morning, marking the start of new non-stop seasonal service from Toronto's Pearson International Airport. Returning home as the captain for this inaugural flight was Captain James Jeffrey Martin, who grew up in British Columbia's Lower Mainland and completed his aviation education and training in Abbotsford. Celebrations were held at both airports and in the community to inaugurate the daily service.

"Air Canada now offers the only non-stop flights between eastern Canada and Abbotsford, the largest municipality in BC's Fraser Valley Regional District. Our Abbotsford flights seamlessly connect at our largest hub at Toronto Pearson to and from Air Canada's extensive network of non-stop flights to Canadian, US and international destinations," said Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines at Air Canada.

"Customers also have the opportunity to accumulate and redeem Aeroplan miles on all Air Canada rouge flights. Air Canada is selectively deploying Air Canada rouge on a limited number of predominantly leisure markets in Canada as part of our strategy for sustainable, profitable growth and to complement our successful mainline domestic network," concluded Mr. Smith.

Service between Toronto and Abbotsford will be operated daily by Air Canada rouge to October 12, 2015 with 136-seat Airbus A319 aircraft offering a choice of premium and economy cabins.

"Air Canada rouge is a welcome addition to our airport community. The new service will definitely enhance the ease and convenience for our guests. We are looking forward to working with Air Canada to establish a long-term partnership," said Dave Holmberg, Abbotsford Airport Authority Chair.

Read more at http://www.stockhouse.com/news/press...YEjlFqlLIFx.99
Old Jun 28, 2015, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by TVTravels
Good Day,

Flying AC1857 YUL-LAS. Are you saying that this has been retrofitted since the seat map is still showing the middle seat blocked
Old Jun 29, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: AC*SE 2MM, Asia Miles, SPG Gold (life), HH Gold, Golden Circle Jade
AC1901 ATH-YYZ yesterday, no running water in Premium Rouge lav. Wipes on the counter and sink taped over. Also was advised that we would only receive one glass per person for the flight and after that it was plastic cups only. Not nice on a nearly 11 hour flight.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA silver, AC *s p, A3, EI, KL, & UA nobody!
Unhappy No running water on AC1904 either!

Originally Posted by pmax
AC1901 ATH-YYZ yesterday, no running water in Premium Rouge lav. Wipes on the counter and sink taped over. Also was advised that we would only receive one glass per person for the flight and after that it was plastic cups only. Not nice on a nearly 11 hour flight.
I was on AC1904 YYZ/EDI 28 June also in Premium rouge, I must have been on the same Fin# as you, as nothing had been fixed during the YYZ lay-over! Poor in my opinion. My co-traveller asked the crew about the issue and was advised that the heating element to keep the waste water flowing at altitude had failed, without this element the water would have quickly frozen causing a complete blockage. ( don't shoot me down as I am NOT an engineer!)

Flight to to EDI only 6Hr+ however just having hand wipes not satisfactory!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.