Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Old? Just how old do you think they are?
10-20 years, on average. They didn't buy new planes for Rouge.

...and if they did install new seats for the Rouge launch, they picked some of the least durable seats in the business.

To be fair, it's the same reason I avoid AC's mainline 767s, which are prone to the same problem in Y.

I've tried the new slimline seat AC is installing into Rouge, and they're a considerable improvement. But until then, 2 hours in a Rouge 767 seat is an experience I'll happily avoid.
Old May 2, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
I have been outspoken against Rouge, just because AC cant be fixed, a born again ZIP/TANGO has been re-invented.

Flew ROUGE on the A319 eight times last summer, 7 up front and once in the back......I was done! No more! I did it because it was CHEAP and short flying time!

Last month I flew on the Rouge 767 YVR-HNL-YVR sat in 28H both ways, lots of room I was happy, friendly crew and it was CHEAP! $148 & $198 so I had to go!

I booked a reward ticket for July 4th for three of us LIS-YYZ on the 767 (V2) upfront so I am looking forward to this premium service!

Rouge is making improvements and legacy AC cant change as per the CEO so Rouge will be the new AC or lets just call it AC2!
Old May 2, 2015, 10:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by ffsiyem
Really?
Yes, really. You must not understand the Maui mkt when the season is coming to the end. This is the last week for daily flight from YVR and direct from YYC. Because of this, flights to Maui at this time of year, 50% to 60% are normal. Returns flights are basically sold out. Other family members came Westjet, their Westjet flights was around 25%.
Old May 2, 2015, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by yvrgary
10-20 years, on average. They didn't buy new planes for Rouge.

...and if they did install new seats for the Rouge launch, they picked some of the least durable seats in the business.

To be fair, it's the same reason I avoid AC's mainline 767s, which are prone to the same problem in Y.

I've tried the new slimline seat AC is installing into Rouge, and they're a considerable improvement. But until then, 2 hours in a Rouge 767 seat is an experience I'll happily avoid.
The Rouge 763 seats are all less than 1.5 years old, most are less than 5 months! They were new seats, otherwise there would still be AVOD.

The AC 763 seats are identical models to the 777/333 seats, no complaints about those? All ML 763 seats are 6-8 years old - many of the 777s have older seats.
Old May 2, 2015, 10:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Ill take your word on it as I've never been on a 767 that flew under the Rouge banner
The 767 seats are all good. Basic Y is basically mainline seats.
Old May 2, 2015, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
The Rouge 763 seats are all less than 1.5 years old, most are less than 5 months! They were new seats, otherwise there would still be AVOD.

The AC 763 seats are identical models to the 777/333 seats, no complaints about those? All ML 763 seats are 6-8 years old - many of the 777s have older seats.
I haven't sat in the back on a 777 or 333 in a long time. From YVR, AC only flies the 333 to YUL, and my one recent trip there was in J. As for the 777, I target my YVR-YYZ legs toward the 777HD or 787, so I can buy Preferred and get the PE hard product.

I've been downgauged from 787 to 767 twice, and the seats are also awful there, as I said above.

If the Rouge 763 seats are 18 months old, then AC bought *terrible* seats, as they're beaten to hell IMO.
Old May 2, 2015, 11:01 am
Suspended

...and Rouge Plus still doesn't make up for old, hammocked 767 seats.

Agreed. I haven't been to Tikrit, and I'm comfortable excluding it from my vacation plans without first-hand knowledge.
You should fly on the 767(Rouge) before you write Quotes about them. I have been on the 767 multi X, and they are good. Don't start writing about the J seats because for the prices AC charges, they are good too.
Old May 2, 2015, 11:04 am
Suspended

If the Rouge 763 seats are 18 months old, then AC bought *terrible* seats, as they're beaten to hell IMO.

What! These seats are not terrible. Your quote proves to me that you have never flown on a Rouge 767.

Last edited by tcook052; May 2, 2015 at 12:25 pm Reason: fix quote
Old May 2, 2015, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
What! These seats are not terrible. Your quote proves to me that you have never flown on a Rouge 767.

This would be sort of an odd thing to lie about, wouldn't it?

Flightradar doesn't go that far back, so I can't get you the fin number, so you'll just have to take on faith that that flight is a Rouge 763 and has been for ages now.

Anyway, if you're simply going to tell me I don't get to have an opinion on this, I'm not sure what more there is to discuss here. If you enjoy the Y seats on Rouge, please feel entirely free to fly them as much as you like.

I hate them, based on personal experience on short-haul, so I don't need to try it out on a long-haul route to know I'd hate that too.

Last edited by tcook052; May 2, 2015 at 12:26 pm Reason: fix quote
Old May 2, 2015, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
@yvrgary, what is so bad about the 767 seats, including ML? As many know, I do have a bad back, so I'm really sensitive about this stuff. What do you notice? I've never noticed it myself but if there's something particular that you find for the 767 that bugs you, I'd like to know so I can possibly avoid it too.

@the rest of FT - pain, seats, and all that are all subjective. We're all entitled to our opinion and if it helps others (like me), I'm super interested to hear!
Old May 2, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
scenery was better.
I have been on ACr quite a bit. I found that the windows and ground covered were the same as ML.
Old May 2, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: *$ Green
How is YVR-LAX more miles than YYZ-YVR?

How is YYZ-YVR 500 miles
Old May 2, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
The 767 seats are all good. Basic Y is basically mainline seats.
I disagree.

My final Rouge flight was a 763 OGG-YVR, connecting to YYC. The YYC leg was scheduled as an E90, but was upgauged to a 763 (mainline, obviously).

As a result, we got to experience the two versions of 763 Y seats one after the other.

While the Y pitch on a Rouge 763 might be almost as much as mainline, the seats are definitely different. The Rouge Y seats were not comfortable (although the didn't seem as bad as the 319s) whereas the mainline equivalents were downright comfy by comparison. They're not the same.

(It wasn't an issue of amount of time sitting, either. Our flight to OGG was on a UA 757, and it was surprisingly comfortable.)

IMO, the seat quality is as follows:

Mainline any aircraft > Rouge 763 > Rouge 319

More accurately:

Mainline any aircraft > AC. Express > Rouge 763 > Air Georgian Beech > yellow schoolbus > Rouge 319
Old May 2, 2015, 11:37 am

@yvrgary, what is so bad about the 767 seats, including ML? As many know, I do have a bad back, so I'm really sensitive about this stuff. What do you notice? I've never noticed it myself but if there's something particular that you find for the 767 that bugs you, I'd like to know so I can possibly avoid it too.
Same situation - anyone who knows me, knows that the last 18 months of my life have been recovery from a serious spinal injury, so this is the area of air travel on which I focus most of my attention.

To me, the lumbar support on the 767 seat is basically non-existent, and the foam in the seat cushion itself is prone to collapsing. Last time I got downgauged from a 787, I spent four hours to Toronto with one of the metal crossbars directly into my tailbone.

On the 767 Y seat, whether ML Preferred or Rouge Preferred, I have to shift constantly to try and get close to comfortable.

On the E90/A320 Y seat, it's not nearly so bad, but still irritating. I think these are the same seat, but I don't spend much time on either one, I could be way off?

PE or not, my favourite Y product anywhere is on the new American 321s, the lumbar support is perfect and the seat cushion is just the right kind of firm. I'd fly TPAC on that quite happily.

In the interest of full disclosure - my last long-haul on a 763 was years ago, the longest I've had recently is YVR-YYZ.
Old May 2, 2015, 11:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
How is YVR-LAX more miles than YYZ-YVR?

How is YYZ-YVR 500 miles
Uhh, no. As yvrgary has mentioned, he flies Tango under certain circumstances.

YYZ YVR would be because it's 2078 miles * .25 (tango) = 519.5 miles = 520 miles.

I don't know YVR LAX by heart, but I suspect it's the same thing

Originally Posted by FlyerJ
yellow schoolbus
Hahahahaha!!

And @yvrgary, thanks for the detailed explanation. ^Sorry to hear about your predicament. You know my solution as a bandaid to get over the pain

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.