Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2016, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Sam_AE
Trying to figure out what happened to this flight -- PTY-YYZ AC1949 on Sept 4th. Seems like the flight is no longer being offered according to AC's website. My problem is that I have a confirmed ticket for that day. Is this a known problem with Rouge -- cancelling the flight and not telling passengers?

Wow.

I hope the experts here can tell you how to deal with AC.

The site is still showing a southbound AC 1948 on Sun Sept 4, but nothing returning, which of course, is confusing. (I looked at Sun Sept 11 and 1948 and 1949 are still showing.)

Attached Images  
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: AC 75K
The flight is sold out.

J0 C0 D0 Z0 P0 R0 Y0 B0 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 G0 S0 T0 L0 A0 K0
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
The flight is sold out.

J0 C0 D0 Z0 P0 R0 Y0 B0 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 G0 S0 T0 L0 A0 K0
Yup. However AC would be better served to still show the flight with a message that it is sold out as OP's concern is a valid one that it looks like the flight is not operating.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by D582
Yup. However AC would be better served to still show the flight with a message that it is sold out as OP's concern is a valid one that it looks like the flight is not operating.

And as per his post:

Originally Posted by Sam_AE
Trying to figure out what happened to this flight -- PTY-YYZ AC1949 on Sept 4th. Seems like the flight is no longer being offered according to AC's website. My problem is that I have a confirmed ticket for that day. Is this a known problem with Rouge -- cancelling the flight and not telling passengers?
If he has his ticket, I assume he has his seat. Perhaps not.

Maybe he can return and tell us if the concern relates to him or someone else trying to buy a ticket for that flight.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
+1; have seen this numerous times, even with mainline. Very irritating. Suggestion in quote excellent.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
+1 --> In fact, they actually do this -- see pic below showing the PTY-YYZ flight on Aug 28th as "Sold Out" ... versus the message on Sept 4th as -- no flights flying on that day.

So, this may just be a glitch in their system versus an actual cancellation. As noted -- the flight YYZ-PTY is scheduled and showing as flying on that day so that plane has to return at some point....
Attached Images  
Old Aug 26, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: ACA 35K, Omni Select Guest Black
YYZ-DUB Rouge

are the "business class" seats (or whatever they're called on Rouge) lie-flat?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 4:38 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
No. Similar to domestic J (little bit less "bulky", but same comfort level).
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:28 pm

They don't sell business class YYZDUB. Rouge only sells Y and PY on all TATL routes.

Only within North America are those seats sold as J.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:14 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Posted a while ago asking about Rouge IRROPS but never got an answer so I'll try again.

Flying YLW - YYZ in the next few weeks on Rouge. In the event of IRROPS would I get re-booked on mainline AC via YVR or YYC? Or would I be screwed and left waiting for the next Rouge flight to depart from YLW - YYZ?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:14 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Posted a while ago asking about Rouge IRROPS but never got an answer so I'll try again.

Flying YLW - YYZ in the next few weeks on Rouge. In the event of IRROPS would I get re-booked on mainline AC via YVR or YYC? Or would I be screwed and left waiting for the next Rouge flight to depart from YLW - YYZ?
Are you SE or non-status?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:07 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by CanadianMike

Yes if irrops happen you can be rebooked onto mainline via yyc or YVR. Keep in mind the staff at Ylw are jazz employees, so if during irrops, best to have an alternative routing (flight times) ready in advance. You can also call ac to be rebooked (if you can get through the hold times).

Also a side note: Ylw has experienced quite a lot of growth in the past years, so would give yourself extra time at security since main are leisure pax who generally don't know the routine and the catsa screeners are on the slow side (okanagan time) making the nexus security line at yyz, look efficient.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
I wonder where the heck did AC buy the seats used in Rouge aircraft. Discomfort R'Us?
I just flew a LH A321 with Recaro slim line seats. The padding is paper thin, but after 2.5 hours I wasn't so sore as in the Rouge seat after the same time. Far from it. And the difference in seat pitch looked much larger than 1". Couldn't they buy something similar to the LH seat?
I have been flying the Rouge 319 YYZ-NAS 3-4 times a year since they Rouged that route...Premium Rouge....I thought the seats were bad but my last flight 2 weeks ago we ended up on the Rouge 767......thats way worse IMHO. Give me the 319 or 320 any day.....and doing a trans-atlantic on one of the Rouge 767s....no way in hell!!!!

Plus it seems to me that the food on Premium Rouge NA has taken a major drop in quality over the past year or so....any thoughts??
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Genetk44
I have been flying the Rouge 319 YYZ-NAS 3-4 times a year since they Rouged that route...Premium Rouge....I thought the seats were bad but my last flight 2 weeks ago we ended up on the Rouge 767......thats way worse IMHO. Give me the 319 or 320 any day.....and doing a trans-atlantic on one of the Rouge 767s....no way in hell!!!!

Plus it seems to me that the food on Premium Rouge NA has taken a major drop in quality over the past year or so....any thoughts??
Yes, I was in Rouge J last week and the food was poor. Some sort of Caribbean chicken. Service was also mediocre. No OJ/water offered prior to takeoff. One drink served approx 45 min into flight. Asked for another and was told that food was being served shortly. I politely suggested that I had no problem drinking with my food. Food served and staff were behind curtains for most of the flight except when they showed up with the snack tray - where some Y pax pinched my chips. Glad I did not pay to be upfront on this trip as I would have been seriously disappointed.
I will be in Rouge Y this week and am not looking forward to it. Hopefully I can snag a preferred seat at least.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Are you SE or non-status?
Previously 50K when I was living in the UK for the last few years.
Non-status pleb now.

Appreciate the reply!

Originally Posted by kwflyer
Yes if irrops happen you can be rebooked onto mainline via yyc or YVR. Keep in mind the staff at Ylw are jazz employees, so if during irrops, best to have an alternative routing (flight times) ready in advance. You can also call ac to be rebooked (if you can get through the hold times).

Also a side note: Ylw has experienced quite a lot of growth in the past years, so would give yourself extra time at security since main are leisure pax who generally don't know the routine and the catsa screeners are on the slow side (okanagan time) making the nexus security line at yyz, look efficient.

Thanks for the heads up on this as well. Recently move to YLW and the one time I've been through, was pretty underwhelmed with the airport. Will definitely head early to avoid the first time / leisure flyers... haha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.