Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: SE100K - Air Canada, WestJet Gold
Originally Posted by vernonc
PY according to you. J according to AC. Try booking YYZ-LAS on AC's website and tell me that it does not say business.
According to AC.

See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ada-rouge.html

"Premium services (similar to mainline Premium Economy):"
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by misapply
According to AC.

See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ada-rouge.html

"Premium services (similar to mainline Premium Economy):"
Do you even read?

RIGHT ABOVE THAT it says "Premium rouge to European Destinations"

Last I checked, Las Vegas is NOT in Europe.

In fact...

Premium rouge to North America and Sun Destinations

Premium services (similar to mainline Business Class):
The page you quoted contradicts you.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: SE100K - Air Canada, WestJet Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Do you even read?
The question is whether or not you do.

While it is obviously better than Y, its a lot less than where it should be I got opup to Rouge J two weeks back and I have flown in Rouge J (767) before. I thought the service level was lower (might be just that crew), food was not great, drink service was poor, seats were uncomfortable.
@cc:

How do you know where he flew? It was never mentioned. He mentioned a second Rouge flight where he was flying to LAS, but he never mentioned where the flight he was on where he saw a decline in service was headed to/from.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

@cc:

How do you know where he flew? It was never mentioned. He mentioned a second Rouge flight where he was flying to LAS, but he never mentioned where the flight he was on where he saw a decline in service was headed to/from.
He mentioned LAS, and he mentioned 767 J.

If he was in J on the 767, it was within North America.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:59 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Well.. time to grab more popcorn. :P
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I know that not many, if any, people have flown Rouge NA more than I. Admittedly, I have only flown Rouge Y twice, but in J about 40 times a year. I can tell you that I don't notice a whole lot of difference between Rouge J and Mainline J on an Airbus. The colour is different, the uniforms are different, and the meal selection is a little smaller. Of course, the IFE is on an iPad instead of a monitor affixed to the back of the seat ahead. Aside from that, there really isn't much difference. I'm not that picky when I fly, and each person will have their own experience. Mine is from the standpoint of many flights. They do offer water or juice prior to taxi and, if you go to the MLL, prior to boarding as well. Of course, that is not to say that it's impossible for someone to neglect that part of the in-plane experience.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:02 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat

@cc:

My previous flight in Rouge J was PUJ-YYZ. Also marketed as business class. On AC website, select the business class fare and see what the window says. It only mentions business class lowest - no where is it described as premium economy

Last edited by vernonc; Aug 30, 2016 at 10:35 pm
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:00 pm

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Smile

On my YYZ-LAS flight last Wednesday a Rouge flight attendant was doing their final check before decent/landing, walking towards the front of the cabin. Now this is routine for all airlines. What wasn't routine is that he was still walking to the front of the plane while it landed.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:44 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Well.. time to grab more popcorn. :P
+1
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Instead I paid for preferred seating($50) and $10 for food because I did not think there was value to pay $374 for Rouge J.
Did you really have to pay $50 for a preferred seat? Your profile says you're E75K so preferred seats would be free in your case.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:56 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Did you really have to pay $50 for a preferred seat? Your profile says you're E75K so preferred seats would be free in your case.
Preferred seats are not free for a cheap Tango fare for E75. Only for SE. If I am mistaken, AC owes me $50.
https://altitude.aircanada.com/static/pdf/2016_EN.pdf
Old Aug 31, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Preferred seats are not free for a cheap Tango fare for E75. Only for SE. If I am mistaken, AC owes me $50.
https://altitude.aircanada.com/static/pdf/2016_EN.pdf
My bad. I keep forgetting this is an SE benefit.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Just flew YVR-DUB, as an SE picked the preferred seats free, while not worth $100+ each way (I'm not sure it would ever be, same with UA, I just kinda refuse to pay for it) the flight was quite pleasant.

My only beef was no free booze, everything else was fine.

Now that there's power outlets at least on the 67's it doesn't leave you totally screwed. The entertainment was still a little bit sparse, not sure why, since it's just a streaming service you'd think they'd have more, but I slept, had my own entertainment and watched something on their service.

One other minor complaint, they seemed to take forever to clear the tray tables. Sometimes I find that I'm not even done eating before the FAs try and clear the tables, but in this case literally everyone within eyeshot was long done before they cleaned the tables. Don't think they ever really did a 2nd drink service, I probably could've ordered another one, but when they came back it was strictly for water or tea.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 1:41 pm

Umm the menu that they hand out on Rouge J has Oj/water pre takeoff listed. Just asking what they promised, nothing else
Fair enough!
Old Aug 31, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: AC E35/BA Bronze
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Just flew YVR-DUB, as an SE picked the preferred seats free, while not worth $100+ each way (I'm not sure it would ever be, same with UA, I just kinda refuse to pay for it) the flight was quite pleasant.

My only beef was no free booze, everything else was fine.

Now that there's power outlets at least on the 67's it doesn't leave you totally screwed. The entertainment was still a little bit sparse, not sure why, since it's just a streaming service you'd think they'd have more, but I slept, had my own entertainment and watched something on their service.

One other minor complaint, they seemed to take forever to clear the tray tables. Sometimes I find that I'm not even done eating before the FAs try and clear the tables, but in this case literally everyone within eyeshot was long done before they cleaned the tables. Don't think they ever really did a 2nd drink service, I probably could've ordered another one, but when they came back it was strictly for water or tea.
Thanks for the review Dr. - there's a lot of old reviews of AC Rouge flights where people complain of the airplane being filthy and cold; are both of these complaints still accurate? I'm flying on that DUB route next week in premium rouge and was wondering if I should warn the better half to bring an extra jumper.

Does anyone have any idea if the food in PY is good? Bad? Cheap and cheerful? I don't see many reviews of that anywhere, again just need to know if I should warn Mrs. YXX to bring additional munchies for the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.