Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Working summary (Updated May 2018)

ORD - OPEN near C16, opened Dec 1 2016
SFO - OPEN in previous UC space in International Terminal G, April 30, 2018 (occupies previous UC+ SQ + BR lounge space)
EWR - OPEN old UC near Gate C120, June 4, 2018
IAH - OPEN - E11/E12, top floor of existing UC June 29, 2018
LAX - OPEN 12 January 2019 - Above rotunda near gate 73
IAD - "Under Construction" (2020?) - near C4, existing GFL (GFL converting to UC end of June 2018)
LHR - "Future location" - T2 opposite B46 at existing GFL (still open)
NRT - "Future location" - above existing UC
HKG - "Future location" - above gate 61, existing GFL (still open)

Polaris Progress Tracker 2017.06.26
Originally Posted by UASleeper
United has installed a Polaris Progress Tracker on its webpage, which tracks the progress of aircraft types/routes with Polaris seats and Polaris lounge openings. Here is the link:

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...-desktop-4/p/1

Under the "Aircraft" tab, all currently existing routes serviced by the new 773 (SFO-HKG, EWR-TLV and SFO-NRT are listed) are listed as well as (yet to be converted) 763 and 772 types. For the 763 the listed starting date is "Fall 2017." For the 772 the webpage states "Winter 2017," which sounds optimistic to me as it sounds more like 4th quarter of 2017 than the previously announced first quarter of 2018. Zodiac's output of Polaris seats for all three aircraft types must be ultra smooth by now, if United wants to stick with its predictions. Can't wait to see the first converted 763 in mid July...
Original summary
http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-tracker-mobile/p/2
From [email protected] on 02/27/2017:
Dear XXXXX:
No announcement has been made to let us know when additional United
Polaris lounges will be opening. We are still renovating some of the
locations. Our United Premium Cabin Lounges page on our website will be
updated once the dates are announced. I've included the link for you
below.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...n-lounges.aspx
This does not preclude any rumors from being true.

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..[
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges[url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1769733](wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Print Wikipost

Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-202x

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by villox
The reason for the "along the eligible same-day routing" is because they don't want you for example to access the ORD Polaris lounge on a Thursday night while awaiting for an AA ORD to SFO flight where you will be catching the Friday ticket on UA in Polaris.
Could you access SFO Polaris lounge if flying UA metal SFO-ORD and onward to FCO in Polaris?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Troopers
Could you access SFO Polaris lounge if flying UA metal SFO-ORD and onward to FCO in Polaris?
Yes.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I wonder if there will be space issues at SFO. Unlike at ORD, it will be much easier for people on *A flights to access the lounge. Hope they got it right this time.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:38 am
TCD

Programs: UA Gold, BA, HHonors, Avis
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I wonder if there will be space issues at SFO. Unlike at ORD, it will be much easier for people on *A flights to access the lounge. Hope they got it right this time.
Right from our point of view or right from UAs? I imagine there is quite a gap between my view of how empty a lounge should be and that of the airline paying for that empty space...
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Why

1) why on earth is UA allowing *A Business Class passengers to access Polaris lounges when clearly this is a far superior experience to any (accessible) *A lounge? Why not send them to UA lounge? Would that present logistical challenges at certain airports? (SFO)

2) no love for GS at Polaris lounges? at least grant access for long haul flts regardless of cabin? (Ex when GPU is waitlisted- they would not grant access)

3) ua quietly changed access policy this week- no more shorter haul S America such as Bogota- ridiculous. $3-4K business ticket and no access?? I get mex/Canada but stop adding so many caveats!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by globetraveler
3) ua quietly changed access policy this week- no more shorter haul S America such as Bogota- ridiculous. $3-4K business ticket and no access?? I get mex/Canada but stop adding so many caveats!
That's wrong. They provided additional explanation, but they did not change anything substantive. Access has since day one been restricted to UA passengers flying Polaris business or Polaris first, and BOG, etc. have never qualified.

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I wonder if there will be space issues at SFO.
I'll be very surprised if it's not packed between 11 am and 2 pm. There are something like 1000 eligible pax during that window.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
BR, LX, NH, NZ, SQ, TG and TK all offer equally superior lounge options at their hubs. LH and OS are not that far behind IMO. In fact, I'll bet that the onus was on UA to deliver a satisfactory lounge experience to BR and SQ at SFO.

1) why on earth is UA allowing *A Business Class passengers to access Polaris lounges when clearly this is a far superior experience to any (accessible) *A lounge? Why not send them to UA lounge? Would that present logistical challenges at certain airports? (SFO)
chavala likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:55 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... 3) ua quietly changed access policy this week- no more shorter haul S America such as Bogota- ridiculous. ....
There was no change, UA did provide more details, but Polaris Lounge access for UA flyers has always required a Polaris cabin ticket -Business or International Business have never qualified and the BOG flights have never been Polaris Cabin tickets. So no change, consistent with long-standing policy.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK
Originally Posted by 764toHI
BR, LX, NH, NZ, SQ, TG and TK all offer equally superior lounge options at their hubs. LH and OS are not that far behind IMO. In fact, I'll bet that the onus was on UA to deliver a satisfactory lounge experience to BR and SQ at SFO.

Do all of them offer sit-down dinners with food to order for business class passengers? I think the one at BR in Taipei you can only get noodle to order and you have to go to get it (not delivered at seat). I would say Polaris lounge is on average Superior to other Star carrier lounges at their hubs for business passengers.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 764toHI
I don't believe any other *A carriers offer table service at their business class lounges.

I would tend to agree with the comment upthread that Polaris will be a cut above all other *A business class lounges. (And the TG and OS J lounges suck.).
EWR764 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by Kacee
I don't believe any other *A carriers offer table service at their business class lounges.

I would tend to agree with the comment upthread that Polaris will be a cut above all other *A business class lounges. (And the TG and OS J lounges suck.).
AC Signature Suite has table service. But that's only available to AC paid-J passengers. No *A or mileage redemption/upgrade passengers.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
There was no change, UA did provide more details, but Polaris Lounge access for UA flyers has always required a Polaris cabin ticket -Business or International Business have never qualified and the BOG flights have never been Polaris Cabin tickets. So no change, consistent with long-standing policy.
not true - up until a few days ago ALL South America was included in Polaris lounge access (no exclusions for Colombia).

just to be clear- you think a paid business class ticket of $3-4K should be sent to the UC?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA GS
2) no love for GS at Polaris lounges? at least grant access for long haul flts regardless of cabin? (Ex when GPU is waitlisted- they would not grant access)
The first rule of GS club is that you don't fly long haul economy
jasonp622 and laxmillenial like this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:31 pm

Hopefully there will be an area cordoned off in the new club for global services like they have it now. I can’t stand having to fight for space with the thousands of others departing for Asia around mid day.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If BOG is excluded from Polaris treatment, then they should make BOG upgrade-eligible like any other domestic/regional flight. Right now you need a GPU, but it's still a domestic/regional 737 hard product.

Otherwise, this is a double standard.
zeer0 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.