Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Working summary (Updated May 2018)

ORD - OPEN near C16, opened Dec 1 2016
SFO - OPEN in previous UC space in International Terminal G, April 30, 2018 (occupies previous UC+ SQ + BR lounge space)
EWR - OPEN old UC near Gate C120, June 4, 2018
IAH - OPEN - E11/E12, top floor of existing UC June 29, 2018
LAX - OPEN 12 January 2019 - Above rotunda near gate 73
IAD - "Under Construction" (2020?) - near C4, existing GFL (GFL converting to UC end of June 2018)
LHR - "Future location" - T2 opposite B46 at existing GFL (still open)
NRT - "Future location" - above existing UC
HKG - "Future location" - above gate 61, existing GFL (still open)

Polaris Progress Tracker 2017.06.26
Originally Posted by UASleeper
United has installed a Polaris Progress Tracker on its webpage, which tracks the progress of aircraft types/routes with Polaris seats and Polaris lounge openings. Here is the link:

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...-desktop-4/p/1

Under the "Aircraft" tab, all currently existing routes serviced by the new 773 (SFO-HKG, EWR-TLV and SFO-NRT are listed) are listed as well as (yet to be converted) 763 and 772 types. For the 763 the listed starting date is "Fall 2017." For the 772 the webpage states "Winter 2017," which sounds optimistic to me as it sounds more like 4th quarter of 2017 than the previously announced first quarter of 2018. Zodiac's output of Polaris seats for all three aircraft types must be ultra smooth by now, if United wants to stick with its predictions. Can't wait to see the first converted 763 in mid July...
Original summary
http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-tracker-mobile/p/2
From [email protected] on 02/27/2017:
Dear XXXXX:
No announcement has been made to let us know when additional United
Polaris lounges will be opening. We are still renovating some of the
locations. Our United Premium Cabin Lounges page on our website will be
updated once the dates are announced. I've included the link for you
below.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...n-lounges.aspx
This does not preclude any rumors from being true.

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..[
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges[url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1769733](wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Print Wikipost

Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-202x

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Also, you should note that these new lounges have been rumored to have technology to detect that kind of ticket use and crack down on it.
Well literally you are using that US ticket to pass the security only and then use your old Polaris boarding pass to get into the lounge.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
If you got a gate pass you would have to do something with your luggage

the reason that clause is there is for connecting flights, they kind of assume if SFO is your final you aren't going to hang out in the secure area of the airport to get a free brunch

Also, if you arrive in SFO and connect to ORD, you clear customs, recheck bags and go thru security, you could access PL in SFO and ORD as you are arriving (Assuming you arrived on UA metal) along same day travel and once in ORD you are let off in the general airport terminal and can access lounge until you leave to collect your bags.

Ahhh, didn't even think of it, but I do have a connecting flight, not on same ticket or UA metal, but a connecting flight to PDX with a 19:55 departure on the same day as arrival. So, from the sounds of it, I'll arrive from UA Polaris business class international 14:50, clear customs and security, check in for AS domestic departure, check bags, clear security and then be able to access the polaris lounge? Again not sure of SFO layout and terminals, but with an AS domestic departure will I be able to navigate to the UA polaris lounge after clearing security.

Sorry for all the buggered questions, just excited the the lounge will actually be open and some possibility of us being able to use it! : - )

Thanks
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
uhgg! Why do you think they list arrival airports as a valid lounge access point then? Just curious.
Well, this will also work with preclearance flights such as DUB-EWR (once EWR gets its lounge). Right?
EWR764 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:41 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Deleting - wrong thread

Last edited by TPJ; Apr 11, 2018 at 3:47 am
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
SFO Polaris Lounge opening on April 30, 2018
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: UAMP Global Services, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
Ahhh, didn't even think of it, but I do have a connecting flight, not on same ticket or UA metal, but a connecting flight to PDX with a 19:55 departure on the same day as arrival. So, from the sounds of it, I'll arrive from UA Polaris business class international 14:50, clear customs and security, check in for AS domestic departure, check bags, clear security and then be able to access the polaris lounge? Again not sure of SFO layout and terminals, but with an AS domestic departure will I be able to navigate to the UA polaris lounge after clearing security.

Sorry for all the buggered questions, just excited the the lounge will actually be open and some possibility of us being able to use it! : - )

Thanks
Unfortunately Alaska flies from a different terminal (T2), with no access behind security, back to the international terminal.

United has a flight to PDX at 725 pm that day. If you were able to switch your PDX flight to UA, you’d be in Terminal 3, which has post-security access to the international terminal and the Polaris lounge.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Any same day boarding pass works at all terminals at SFO. The OP will be able to clear security at T3/G with the AS boarding pass and use their inbound UA boarding pass to enter the Polaris lounge if they want.
villox likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Any same day boarding pass works at all terminals at SFO. The OP will be able to clear security at T3/G with the AS boarding pass and use their inbound UA boarding pass to enter the Polaris lounge if they want.
A non UA metal continuing flight qualifies as "eligible same-day routing"?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Troopers
It clearly states that it can be accessed on arrival, meaning the arrival airport. There should be no issue getting in with the BP from the arriving Polaris flight.
iluv2fly and chavala like this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Just make sure to leave time to transfer terminals and re-clear security in order to make it to the AS flight.
pushmyredbutton likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by villox
It clearly states that it can be accessed on arrival, meaning the arrival airport. There should be no issue getting in with the BP from the arriving Polaris flight.
And it clearly states/ends with "along their eligible same-day routing". What does that mean? Just want to make sure I understand.

A boarding pass for travel in United Polaris business class

Customers in United Polaris business class may access a United Polaris lounge at departure, connecting and arrival airports along their eligible same-day routing.

Last edited by Troopers; Apr 11, 2018 at 9:14 am
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: UA MP Premier Gold (Life), Hyatt Explorer, Various other hotel FS pgms
There should be no issue getting in with the BP from the arriving Polaris flight.
When going into a lounge on an arrival situation, I suggest having a duplicate boarding pass (usually printed at home or at a kiosk). I do this because some stations (like GRU) consistently tear off and keep the portion with the bar code on BPs printed on ticket stock. Good bar code scan means no hassle and fast clearance at the lounge front desk.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, and it ends with "along their eligible same-day routing". Just want to make sure I understand.
The answer is "no," at least per policy. OP would not have access at a hypothetical Polaris lounge in PDX, or any further downline stops. SFO is considered the arrival point, not a connection point, and thus is part of the routing.

Whether or not presenting the Polaris boarding pass at PDX would work in practice, I have no idea. I imagine someone flying Polaris and then connecting between ORD and SFO on AA will report back sooner or later.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by jsloan
The answer is "no," at least per policy. OP would not have access at a hypothetical Polaris lounge in PDX, or any further downline stops. SFO is considered the arrival point, not a connection point, and thus is part of the routing.

Whether or not presenting the Polaris boarding pass at PDX would work in practice, I have no idea. I imagine someone flying Polaris and then connecting between ORD and SFO on AA will report back sooner or later.
As there is not nor will there ever be a Polaris lounge at PDX, I'm not sure why you are bringing up a hypothetical. The question at hand is whether they can access the Polaris lounge at their arrival airport in Polaris, which is SFO. Normally this is not possible because you can't reclear security, but because they will be able to get back in with an onward AS flight, they will be able to access the SFO Polaris lounge.

United's systems are doubtfully sophisticated enough to understand that an arriving passenger should not have been able to clear security again. If you bought and canceled another UA ticket they might catch you, but they are not going to flag an arrival boarding pass for fraud.

The reason for the "along the eligible same-day routing" is because they don't want you for example to access the ORD Polaris lounge on a Thursday night while awaiting for an AA ORD to SFO flight where you will be catching the Friday ticket on UA in Polaris.

As long as you are at any of the airports on your Polaris itinerary, either departure, connection, or arrival, on the same day, you're in.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As there is not nor will there ever be a Polaris lounge at PDX, I'm not sure why you are bringing up a hypothetical.
In order to illustrate the meaning of "eligible same-day routing," in the context of an AS SFO-PDX flight, which was the nature of the question.

United's systems are doubtfully sophisticated enough to understand that an arriving passenger should not have been able to clear security again. If you bought and canceled another UA ticket they might catch you, but they are not going to flag an arrival boarding pass for fraud.
Which is good, because it's clearly not fraud.

The reason for the "along the eligible same-day routing" is because they don't want you for example to access the ORD Polaris lounge on a Thursday night while awaiting for an AA ORD to SFO flight where you will be catching the Friday ticket on UA in Polaris.
Or the Friday morning AA flight either, presumably.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.