Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SwisherTown
Enrollment link: http://united.com/hertzstatus
Overview

Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertz-faqs.aspx

CHICAGO, Oct. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today announced the airline is expanding its partnership with Hertz to offer elevated travel benefits to members of the airline's MileagePlus loyalty program, at Hertz and its Dollar and Thrifty brands become United's exclusive car rental partners beginning Nov. 1. Special perks are also in store for MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members.

MileagePlus members who book with Hertz may earn the following per rental:
1,250 miles – MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members;
1,000 miles – MileagePlus Premier Gold and Premier Silver members;
750 miles – Primary cardmembers of MileagePlus credit cards from Chase; or
500 miles – MileagePlus general members.
MileagePlus members will continue to receive discounts when they book Hertz car rentals via United.com.
Members renting with Dollar and Thrifty will still earn 50 miles per day for rentals of one to four days and 500 miles for rentals five days or longer.

Travelers who reserve car rentals before Nov. 1 will accrue the higher level of benefits available if they pick up their vehicle on or after Nov. 1.

Elite Benefits

Additionally, beginning Jan. 1, 2015, MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members and primary MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members may sign up for complimentary Hertz President's Circle status in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program, with benefits that include:
Confirmed availability of standard-equipment economy through full-size, four-door vehicles in the United States and Canada, with a minimum 48-hour advance reservation; and
Confirmed one-car-class upgrade availability at all participating locations in the United States and Canada and select European locations.
Questions/discussion of Hertz's Gold Plus Rewards program or specific rental locations should be directed to that forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/
Print Wikipost

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:56 am

Presidents Circle with United Club Card

Hey,

does anyone know how to sign up for Presidents Circle with Hertz? we are supposed to be eligible for it with high status or a card but i can't seem to find out how to link the two....

thanks,
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
They haven't yet provided the link, but when they do so it'll be on this page:

http://united.com/hertzstatus

They already reference the partnership and mention that the form will be available this month.

Last edited by RandomBaritone; Jan 8, 2015 at 2:54 pm
Old Jan 4, 2015, 3:38 pm
RNE

Still no sign up link.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott Platinum
UA--Hertz Presidential Circle

I didn't see where or if this was posted, and since it took me a few calls to get the correct info as Hertz pointed to United, and United said to call Hertz, I thought I would post the link.

Anyways to enroll in the new United Mileage Plus benefits of Hertz Presidential Circle, you can enroll here.

http://united.com/hertzstatus

It asks a few questions to determine eligibility, and also for your current Hertz number if you have one.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Just enrolled. Thanks for the link.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:16 pm

I think this is the link everyone is waiting for. Thanks! I just enrolled...
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Thank you, just signed up.

Already received an acknowledgment from Hertz in less than 5 minutes. I wish UA is that efficient.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
UA--Hertz Presidential Circle

If only pc were worth anything. It's one value is to match to national executive elite.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:33 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Just submitted mine. FWIW, my Hertz status was already PC, though there's no way in heck I qualify this year (11 rentals, maybe $1400 in spend)--nor was there last year or the year before. I almost always have 10-16 rentals, and have been PC for 4 years running now.

I had always assumed UA and Hertz were sharing info, and in several of those years, Hertz offered UA Plat/1K 5* status, which I already qualify for, and Hertz (logically) was bumping me 1 level due to that. That, or they figured they could pimp out Plat status to me via upsell for $999 (not worth it, IMHO).

Anyway, PC isn't anything special, but it's better than a stick in the eye.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Question

Originally Posted by Starman
Should someone adjust the wiki to indicate that the mileage bonuses apply only when the UA CDP is used, which creates a rental rate far higher than the value of the extra bonus miles for almost all Hertz clients? It seems to me this is key to the entire issue, and if a casual reader doesn't appreciate this, he/she is wasting a lot of time.
That is great info if accurate - I'm UA 1K and I have a good CDP that I rarely use with Hertz as I have better ones with other Car Rental companies. However if I have to use a crappy UA CDP code to get the miles, renting from Hertz for me remains a last resort. How disappointing.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Just got an email from DL about an exclusive offer they have with Hertz. 500 miles base plus 200 miles for each day and savings of up to 40% on the rental rate.

Hmmm, perhaps Hertz' definition of exclusive is not totally in line with UA's.

Anyone else get this email?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:50 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ermintrude
That is great info if accurate - I'm UA 1K and I have a good CDP that I rarely use with Hertz as I have better ones with other Car Rental companies. However if I have to use a crappy UA CDP code to get the miles, renting from Hertz for me remains a last resort. How disappointing.
It pays to check several CDPs for each rental. The UA one is sometimes the cheapest for me; other times, my corporate ones or other affiliations' codes are.

Originally Posted by uanj
Hmmm, perhaps Hertz' definition of exclusive is not totally in line with UA's.

Anyone else get this email?
So UA's meaning is: we won't give credit for any other car rental companies (exclusively Hertz!).
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:25 am

I started talking about this in another thread and was directed here...

I couldn't sit here and read the 12 pages of conversation that have taken place thus far so I really don't know where the majority of opinions stand as far as being switched from AVIS to HERTZ.

Personally, I think this is a huge downgrade to our Presidential Card benefits.

With AVIS, the deal was, you rent a (I believe) a mid-sized vehicle and you got upgraded two class vehicles.

I always rented a large a mid-sized and got a Cadillac, BMW or Lincoln each and every time.

You can't get luxury upgrades with this new Hertz deal.

And, if I read correctly, the deal only calls for one class upgrade with a full-size being the max you can upgrade to.

Very disappointed in these changes.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
NJRonbo, you are spot on with the consensus here. Just keep using AVIS and ignore the Hertz noise. Our Presidential Plus benefit is being honored by AVIS this year and they are creating a new program, so we can see what it looks like when that time comes.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Thank you, just signed up.

Already received an acknowledgment from Hertz in less than 5 minutes. I wish UA is that efficient.
has this been everyone's experience? i've been waiting for 3 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.