Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SwisherTown
Enrollment link: http://united.com/hertzstatus
Overview

Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertz-faqs.aspx

CHICAGO, Oct. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today announced the airline is expanding its partnership with Hertz to offer elevated travel benefits to members of the airline's MileagePlus loyalty program, at Hertz and its Dollar and Thrifty brands become United's exclusive car rental partners beginning Nov. 1. Special perks are also in store for MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members.

MileagePlus members who book with Hertz may earn the following per rental:
1,250 miles – MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members;
1,000 miles – MileagePlus Premier Gold and Premier Silver members;
750 miles – Primary cardmembers of MileagePlus credit cards from Chase; or
500 miles – MileagePlus general members.
MileagePlus members will continue to receive discounts when they book Hertz car rentals via United.com.
Members renting with Dollar and Thrifty will still earn 50 miles per day for rentals of one to four days and 500 miles for rentals five days or longer.

Travelers who reserve car rentals before Nov. 1 will accrue the higher level of benefits available if they pick up their vehicle on or after Nov. 1.

Elite Benefits

Additionally, beginning Jan. 1, 2015, MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members and primary MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members may sign up for complimentary Hertz President's Circle status in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program, with benefits that include:
Confirmed availability of standard-equipment economy through full-size, four-door vehicles in the United States and Canada, with a minimum 48-hour advance reservation; and
Confirmed one-car-class upgrade availability at all participating locations in the United States and Canada and select European locations.
Questions/discussion of Hertz's Gold Plus Rewards program or specific rental locations should be directed to that forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/
Print Wikipost

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles, HHonors (Gold)
Originally Posted by RNE
Mine says Hertz Gold Plus Rewards. Shouldn't it say Hertz Gold Plus Rewards President's Circle?
I did the sign-up tonight. First I had to join Hertz, which gave me Gold status. When I linked the two accounts (UA and Hertz), a message came up saying it would take five days for verification and, I presume, the status upgrade.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:17 am

Has this come through for anyone yet? I signed up on I think Jan 2nd or 3rd, and my status still isn't updated. I went through the signup again and it said I was already enrolled, but my Hertz account doesn't reflect it (and it's been more than 5 days).
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: Catered by me instead of FBO (semi retired)
Nope still 5 star although when I was a PC member -- hard to tell what an upgrade was. OFTEN it would be a car with SiriusXM in in the same size....
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by aacharya
www.hertz.com

login

click on My Account
Originally Posted by Cargojon
For people checking their status, you can also click on "Print Card" and it will show your card which will indicate status (and it won't print anything.)

I'm interested in the National status match myself as National is our corporate contract for rental cars.
Thanks

Originally Posted by RNE
Mine says Hertz Gold Plus Rewards. Shouldn't it say Hertz Gold Plus Rewards President's Circle?
Mine states the same.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:01 am

I am a Presidential Plus Member.

I take it I just go to Hertz and register? How exactly does it recognize your Presidential Plus membership and give you the correct Hertz status?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:11 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Use the link Kacee provided in post #161 above. You do need to first sign up for a Hertz account if you don't already have one.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:21 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
My account still shows 5 Star
Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I just went to http://united.com/hertzstatus

Put in my MP # and pin

New Page

Put in my existing Hertz Gold & email

Says verifying PC up to 5 days
Old Jan 11, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by PushingTin
Tell me more?
With National, all this nonsense about "upgrades" is irrelevant. I don't even know what an upgrade is.

You go to the lot. There's two typically-enormous sets of cars to choose from -- very good, and extra good. If you have status, you get to choose from either. As long as you're renting from a large airport location, you never get told what car to take and you never have to interact with a human at a counter. Never ever.

I typically take a car with fewer than 3,000 miles on it and with active satellite radio.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Agree that National has some great options at larger stations. At what I'll call B or C level airports (ORF, RIC) I was three for three leaving with what I thought was a great car only to have slow leaks and add oil and check engine lights. YMMV.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 4:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wow, what a great benefit. Go with Hertz, and pay more for your car rental than with any other vendor.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Agree that National has some great options at larger stations. At what I'll call B or C level airports (ORF, RIC) I was three for three leaving with what I thought was a great car only to have slow leaks and add oil and check engine lights. YMMV.
That's unfortunate. I agree that the lesser stations (non-aisle locations) are less awesome, though Monica at the downtown Boston location is the single greatest customer service agent to have ever lived.

That said, my couple of experiences at downtown Hertz locations were abysmal, and I ended up with cars with like 35,000 miles on them. I'm not sure that National even owns cars that crappy.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:59 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
With National, all this nonsense about "upgrades" is irrelevant. I don't even know what an upgrade is.

You go to the lot. There's two typically-enormous sets of cars to choose from -- very good, and extra good. If you have status, you get to choose from either. As long as you're renting from a large airport location, you never get told what car to take and you never have to interact with a human at a counter. Never ever.
I'm digging National Executive, attained through AMEX Platinum. Used to be a Hertz guy, but I'm not even looking back...

Had 9 days on Maui. $177 all-in, and ended up with a new Buick crossover. My original res was with Hertz* for a "luxury" car (Buick...Not Caddie or Lincoln)...For $325. Could have had a sports car or a number of other cool cars with National--but tough with an 11-month old.

Just returned a Suburban at LAX, at a $30/day midsize rate. They had a dozen of them to choose from in the Exec Aisle. They also had Ford Expeditions, Mustang Convertibles, and Dodge Challengers. They probably had 30 vehicles that were WELL beyond the "midsize" that you have to reserve to be Emerald or Executive Aisle eligible. Matter of fact, nothing in the Exec Aisle is smaller than a full-size, not one "intermediate" to even be forced in to.

My last 3 rentals with Hertz as 5-Star were "book midsize, get midsize"...Maybe got 1 full-size in there...I don't recall.

And if you have an Entertainment book, I haven't found a better rate than the base Entertainment rate, and the online Entertainmnet "coupons" are pretty good as well.

*Maui was my first National experience. I actually still had my Hertz reservation and the National when I landed. If Hertz was going to upgrade me into a true "luxury" car like a Caddie, BMW, etc--I'd have stayed with Hertz. But booked Buick, got Buick. Canceled online 30 minutes before my pickup time, and headed for Natioanl. My CC was still charged. Long story short, it took a month to get the charges reversed, and only after I disputed it with Amex.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:08 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
That said, my couple of experiences at downtown Hertz locations were abysmal, and I ended up with cars with like 35,000 miles on them. I'm not sure that National even owns cars that crappy.
35k is a spring chicken for the Hertz fleet!

I rented 12 times this past year (only got credit for 10 due to obscure rules about franchise vs. owned locations )... and of those 12, I believe 8 or 9 were 35k miles or more.

They claim to be going for a younger fleet, but aside from one rental with 12 miles and another with under 1000, by and large Hertz seems to have a bunch of old dumps.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Signed up on Wed 1/07/15 00:29 AM EST and received the following email in few second. Have just logged on Hertz, it is still showing my old status 5 stars, not President's Circle.

Thanks for submitting your Hertz Gold Plus® Rewards President’s Circle® elite status request. We will review your information and respond within 3-5 business days.

For further details about this program, we invite you to visit http://www.united.com/hertz.

If you have an upcoming trip, don't forget to book your rental car with Hertz.

Please do not reply to this message using the "reply" address.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.